Broncos sign Matt Lodge on one-year deal

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
From reports he is in prime shape and he will also get a strong preseason. Lodge will be run on prop with McGuire or Sims.

Did this article also say it's "The strongest Broncos team in years"?

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
To me whether they sign Pearson or not comes down to his work ethic, off the field. His flaws on the field are there for all to see (as are his strengths). He has gotten to the "put up or fold" stage of his career. If he is working on his weaknesses (and they can be fixed with effort), he is worth persisting with. If not, give his spot to someone who will.
We have plenty of fast players on the books who can't tackle, and with fickle hands. The ones who will stay will have more than just pace in their game.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
To me whether they sign Pearson or not comes down to his work ethic, off the field. His flaws on the field are there for all to see (as are his strengths). He has gotten to the "put up or fold" stage of his career. If he is working on his weaknesses (and they can be fixed with effort), he is worth persisting with. If not, give his spot to someone who will.
We have plenty of fast players on the books who can't tackle, and with fickle hands. The ones who will stay will have more than just pace in their game.
I wouldn't mind him staying in the squad purely due to the fact we have little depth in the outside backs, but you've swayed me with this comment. A broncos jersey is earned. If you haven't shown commitment to improve when you have been treading water as it is then you don't deserve to be in the team.

That being said, I think he's ok but he isn't exactly living up to his potential I feel...

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I’ve never thought much of Pearson and he hasn’t shown why he should be in a top grade side.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
That’s what I thought so posters, can we please avoid adding official tags unless it is actually confirmed in an article with quotes from the club and player/agent.
That was me. And I'll blame Triple M's headline "Broncos officially sign Matt Lodge".

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
But we can’t be certain that he hasn’t officially signed either though.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I suspect as long as Lodge puts in a decent pre-season and keeps out of trouble, we'll be offering him an upgraded deal before Round 1.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
That’s what I thought so posters, can we please avoid adding official tags unless it is actually confirmed in an article with quotes from the club and player/agent.

The Roosters could be conjuring up an eleventh hour offer worth 1mil a season to snare him in a package deal with Hayne and Chricton. They are going to offload Jnik (with dubious drug tests) and Nat Butcher to have the cap space, but they reportedly had 5 mil left over from when Beetson retired.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The Roosters could be conjuring up an eleventh hour offer worth 1mil a season to snare him in a package deal with Hayne and Chricton. They are going to offload Jnik (with dubious drug tests) and Nat Butcher to have the cap space, but they reportedly had 5 mil left over from when Beetson retired.

I mean, I don’t even know why people would have a problem with that.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncotville
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.