Broncos v Storm *live spoilers*

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
2 players I was impressed with in particular: Ben Te'o and Lagi Setu.

Apart from that knock on at the start of the match that led to the storms 1st try, I don't think Lagi put 1 foot wrong from what I saw. I'll be dissapointed if he leaves us, which at this point is looking very likely.

And, well, Ben Te'o, this guy just continues to impress me, week in, week out. If he continues his fine form, he will go a long way to securing a QLD jumper for game 1. Does anyone know when this guy comes off contract? we need to get his signature ASAP. [icon_pray.

Not taking anything away from the rest of the blokes though. All were bloody fantastic. icon_smile

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I actually tipped the Broncs in the Fox tipping comp and put my Joker on them for double points....nearly as good as the grand I won today backing them with the start !!!! [icon_lol1. [icon_drun _woohoo_yeah Nashy...I'm an idiot lol...the best kind of idiot too

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Hatchy said:

I agree re Te'o - he's just going from strength to strength every week - he is really making a go at turning his broncos career right around

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
I missed the game, how long Hoffman out for?
How did he go at fullback?? Sounds like Norman had a good game.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Hatchy said:

Apart from that knock on at the start of the match that led to the storms 1st try, I don't think Lagi put 1 foot wrong from what I saw. I'll be dissapointed if he leaves us, which at this point is looking very likely.

And, well, Ben Te'o, this guy just continues to impress me, week in, week out. If he continues his fine form, he will go a long way to securing a QLD jumper for game 1. Does anyone know when this guy comes off contract? we need to get his signature ASAP. [icon_pray.

Not taking anything away from the rest of the blokes though. All were bloody fantastic. icon_smile
Te'o's 2 year deal runs out at the end of next year. Hes a great player, hope he stays.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
That was incredible.

The two most pleasing aspects for me were the significant improvement in many areas of our defence (particularly offloads and on-line) and maintaining a good level of intensity for the duration of the game. Win or lose, those are the kinds of areas that I hope we can continue to do well in for the rest of the year.

It's also great to see what the inexperienced guys can do when they get a sniff of confidence, which is obviously a big factor for younger players. I thought Norman in particular looked fairly comfortable with the ball in hand and made some good decisions (credit to Mini Me for giving him a crack).

There were plenty of solid performers out there today, but Locky's leadership was first class (draggx also made a good point re: his handling of Norman/Hunt) and Sammy is a deadset machine.

Bring on the Titties 8-)

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
ddd said:
Hatchy said:

I agree re Te'o - he's just going from strength to strength every week - he is really making a go at turning his broncos career right around
agreed icon_thumbs_u

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Btw Te'o isn't a Queenslander, he's a kiwi. Though it didn't stop Hunt.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Got to be even money against the tits next week as well. They ( Gold Coast ) did not deserve to win today, Newcastle have much cause to be angry with their treatment from the ref. They should have been 20 behind but ended up winning. Well done today men. Big effort at just the right time. Don't shoot me but really, any team that turned up today , with Brisbanes desperation, would have got the money. Timing for a loss could not have been better. Happy with our commitment today.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Big_Dave said:
Btw Te'o isn't a Queenslander, he's a kiwi. Though it didn't stop Hunt.
He has said that he has pledged his allegiance with QLD.

D

dandan

BRL Player
May 3, 2009
2 Things that needs to be done from here on.

Sign ISRAEL FALOU at all cost, sorry but his awesome close to the line almost impossible to stop.
Corey Parker must be lock in origin, never seen him in such career form.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Weeelllllll........

The Broncos are our name
Through the north we won our fame
Being handy with the ball
And we drove the Blues insane
And we put on a move
And we scored a certain try
So sing out our alibi

You didn't know we had to beat yuh
And we're so sorry my friends
You didn't know we had to beat yuh
And we'll never ever do it again

BullSH!T

T

TWU_1

BRL Player
Oct 14, 2009
Lagi Setu played awesome today, excluding a few errors. Wouldn't mind the Broncos offering him an extension. Actually.. Gillett is still to come back and we have heaps of backrowers. Hmm not too sure now..

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kemp for Fullback next week!!!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
The Rock said:
What a great performance.

Just some observations:

- Form of Lockyer and Norman in the halves. They combined well, and Ben Hunt looks more comfortable at hooker.
- Form of our forwards. Thaiday, Parker, Tronc, Teo and Setu were all very very good. So many runs, all over 100 metres, I absolutely love the work ethic these guys put in this afternoon, all of them were just BEGGING for a run on every set rather than relying on our wingers to run it out from dummy half all the time.
- Defence. Obviously it was better. We hit harder, rapped the ball up better and tackled in numbers, they did it for each other! Do that every week!

Yow Yeh was "meh" again. In a game like this I was hoping for something decent. He was quiet, he looked shakey in defence and just simply unimpressive. If Kemp is back next week, Yow Yeh will no doubt lose his spot. Yow Yeh has done absolutely nothing to cement a spot. (Either has Kemp, so the competition is on)

No player outside Izzy will do anything to keep their spot. He will run it himself everytime.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
draggx said:
The Rock said:
What a great performance.

Just some observations:

- Form of Lockyer and Norman in the halves. They combined well, and Ben Hunt looks more comfortable at hooker.
- Form of our forwards. Thaiday, Parker, Tronc, Teo and Setu were all very very good. So many runs, all over 100 metres, I absolutely love the work ethic these guys put in this afternoon, all of them were just BEGGING for a run on every set rather than relying on our wingers to run it out from dummy half all the time.
- Defence. Obviously it was better. We hit harder, rapped the ball up better and tackled in numbers, they did it for each other! Do that every week!

Yow Yeh was "meh" again. In a game like this I was hoping for something decent. He was quiet, he looked shakey in defence and just simply unimpressive. If Kemp is back next week, Yow Yeh will no doubt lose his spot. Yow Yeh has done absolutely nothing to cement a spot. (Either has Kemp, so the competition is on)

No player outside Izzy will do anything to keep their spot. He will run it himself everytime.

I agree Izzy never passes the ball.. Yow Yeh has been ordinary the last 2 games and that has very little to do with Folau though. I wouldn't be dropping Yow Yeh though

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  • Manlyman
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Gympie devil
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • phoenix
  • eggstar10
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.