Broncos v Storm *live spoilers*

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
BTW, just another thing.

Beale on the bench was YET AGAIN a stupid decision. Ok, so it "helped" when we got an injury to our fullback but if Hoffman didn't get injured, what would have happened? Another complete reshuffle which COULD have been costly considering how good our momentum was.

Beale was good though!!

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don\t know if Ivan is persisting with the backs on the bench to try and be smart tactically, or if he just expects an injury each game to the backline now?

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
[quote="The Rock":ypq0i33l]What a great performance.

Just some observations:

- Form of Lockyer and Norman in the halves. They combined well, and Ben Hunt looks more comfortable at hooker.
- Form of our forwards. Thaiday, Parker, Tronc, Teo and Setu were all very very good. So many runs, all over 100 metres, I absolutely love the work ethic these guys put in this afternoon, all of them were just BEGGING for a run on every set rather than relying on our wingers to run it out from dummy half all the time.
- Defence. Obviously it was better. We hit harder, rapped the ball up better and tackled in numbers, they did it for each other! Do that every week!

Yow Yeh was "meh" again. In a game like this I was hoping for something decent. He was quiet, he looked shakey in defence and just simply unimpressive. If Kemp is back next week, Yow Yeh will no doubt lose his spot. Yow Yeh has done absolutely nothing to cement a spot. (Either has Kemp, so the competition is on)

No player outside Izzy will do anything to keep their spot. He will run it himself everytime.

I agree Izzy never passes the ball.. Yow Yeh has been ordinary the last 2 games and that has very little to do with Folau though. I wouldn't be dropping Yow Yeh though[/quote:ypq0i33l]
He did manage a forward pass.. so he does occasionally pass. I think it was him anyhow.

T

TWU_1

BRL Player
Oct 14, 2009
Yup. If Yow Yeh was positioned further back a bit he could have been on his way to the try line.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Just some quick comments
- Norman is a half/five eighth, and has the confidence not to be overawed by Locky
- Hunt is a better hooker than half as he is overawed by Locky
- Folou should have been in the Test side if it was picked on form after Knights and now Storm games. Still not sure we should pay him top dollar to keep him but.
- Thaiday and also Parker are in career best form
- With Hoff out Beale should get a go at fullback as he looked solid back there, and that will mean Norman stays in the halves where he belongs
- Locky still has it, BUT the good games are still few and far between I'm afraid.

Friday night will be the true test of if we have turned things around.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":2cpy6hcq]BTW, just another thing.

Beale on the bench was YET AGAIN a stupid decision. Ok, so it "helped" when we got an injury to our fullback but if Hoffman didn't get injured, what would have happened? Another complete reshuffle which COULD have been costly considering how good our momentum was.

Beale was good though!![/quote:2cpy6hcq]

Baele came on initially at hooker to give Hunt a rest and went well there before moving back to fullback where he was also solid as needed.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I am very proud of our efforts today. Everyone has written us off (me included, for the first time ever), but I'm glad to see we won in an epic kind of way. :mrgreen:

Thaiday was unstoppable, same as Te'o. Glad to see Locky continuing his form from Friday night.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Lockyer has certainly stepped up since last year.

Probably his best year since 2007.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'm a big Ben Hunt fan, but Norman just looked classy at halfback. Unfortunately for Hunt when Wallace and McCullough are back it might be Norman that gets the spot on the bench and not him, as he can cover more positions.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I never tip against the Broncs!!!

Awesome - I admit I didn't expect this win but hey... Ill take it!!!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
So looking at the ladder, A Win next week and a bye the week after could have us in the 8.....

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
**** yes broncos!!! what a win. so stoked. bring on those dirty fucking tits

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I pretty much echo what everyone else has said.

Norman looked ridiculously comfortable at halfback and kudos to Locky as well for letting him take control and worring more about his own interplay with the backs.

Thaiday is the best player at the club at the moment.

Henjak finally got the composition of the side right. Norman is a playmaker (where he's been playing in the U20s), Hunt is the best hooking option sans McCullough (potentially Hunt may be even better though?) and Te'o belongs in the backrow. And having Beale on the bench was ok, he substituted at hooker and there was no musical chairs when he came on.

Pretty circumspect about the win though. It's all about consistency and that same level of enthusiasm and dedication against the Titans next week.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I do think Hunt could potentially be better at hooker than Macca only time will tell. I agree 100% about Thaiday he is the best player at the club by some distance IMO.

G

garcia

Banned User
May 9, 2010
Already the journos are spinning the lack of motivation line and the fact that 8 players were backing up as the reasons for the Storm's performance today. That may be partially true but the facts are that Melb had 75% posession(most of it inside the visitor's 20 metre line) after 15 mins and only came up with 4 points. Brisbane's defense was rock solid and once they got some ball and got on a roll, the points came at regular intervals with the likes of Norman and Beale having their best games in their young pro careers and against a side that is a million bucks over the cap playing on their new home turf. Massive effort by the Broncos today and if they repeat this performance on Fri nite, then they will easily account for the Titans whose defense was paper thin today and with up to 5 players returning from injury this week (unfortunately Hoffman is out for an indefinite period) things are starting to look a little more rosier in a competition which is absolutely wide open and with a win on Fri coupled with the bye will mean the boys are back in the hunt.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Who are the potential 5 players who might return next week.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Morkel
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.