Broncos Vs. Panthers - Telecast & Post-Match Discussion

Re: Broncos Vs. Panthers - Telecast Discussion

Bring back Hodges!
He could make a surprise comeback next week with Glenn now out for a few weeks. It's players like him that can make the difference in games like that.

Don't think that's such a bad loss, the most annoying part is that the Panthers showed very little in winning. Repeat any of our performances from the past 5 weeks and we would've thumped them.

That no try early in the first half was a disgrace.

The Rock said:
Meh. Go forward was our problem. Defence we are good. They 1 try was an interept and another from a lucky kick. They scored 2 tries from just normal play. But let's face it, they won by 10 and Yow Yeh scored and they didn't award it.

We dropped too many balls and forwards lacked go forward yet we were still in it unt the last minute! If that's the best the panthers have then LOLZ. Game could have been different if that yow yeh try was awarded.

MacCollough is shit. Well he was tonight. His service is really bad. I am sick of his dummies, no one falls for them.

We should be right next week.

That says it all. Hunt has to play. The Panthers made us look ordinary. Lockyer was buggered. Meh. Good experience, good lesson.

Surely this game must indicate to Lockyer that he needs to devote his time to the Broncos next season - we needed him badly out there to guide the team, give them direction, make sure the game-plan was being well executed etc. Tonight he looked very tired and his contribution when it really mattered (i.e. for the first 25-30 mins after halftime) lacked!

Ghibli said:
Surely this game must indicate to Lockyer that he needs to devote his time to the Broncos next season - we needed him badly out there to guide the team, give them direction, make sure the game-plan was being well executed etc. Tonight he looked very tired and his contribution when it really mattered (i.e. for the first 25-30 mins after halftime)!

I'm not sure about that, I know I was expecting Wallace to step up and relieve some pressure from Lockyer, especially after his (Wallace's) performance last week. But, bar his try, Wallace had a woeful game IMO.

What really hurt us was the amount of mistakes we made, which were very basic. We only have ourselves to blame.

Very Very Very bad. The problem being is that we cant afford games like that this year. Past years we have been in the top 4 but with this loose we will be out of the top 8. Problem is we go to Parra stadium next week and try and beat a team in form and if we happen to loose we will be looking at 13th, 14th spot on the ladder. People may go Meh its only one loose but sadly the past 5-6yrs we have continually lost numerous games during and after the origin period. Year after year we are in the top 4 and then we drop right off. THIS YEAR THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN OTHERWISE WE CAN SAY GOODBYE TO FINALS!@!@!@!@!

I am hoping that this isnt the start of a familar slide during the origin period for the Broncos!!! TBH i didnt see this loose coming but like the past years i didnt see them looses coming either. If we play like that next week im going to start to feal very sick!!!!

If we lose to the Eels, I think we will be a good chance of losing to the Tigers. After that the season is seriously on the line.

IMO Hunt needs to start at Hooker and McCollough can come on as a impact player. Hunt's passes are a lot better and he gives the ball straight away. McCollough needs to pick his act up. I have been calling for Hunt to start all year and that game from McColllough just reinforces my thinking that Hunt is playing better footy then McCollough.

Donny, the word is 'loss' not 'loose - the word 'loose' relates to something being not firmly in place...

Ghibli said:
Donny, the word is 'loss' not 'loose - the word 'loose' relates to something being not firmly in place...

Lol, God im a retard

The Rock said:
Meh. Go forward was our problem. Defence we are good. They 1 try was an interept and another from a lucky kick. They scored 2 tries from just normal play. But let's face it, they won by 10 and Yow Yeh scored and they didn't award it.

We dropped too many balls and forwards lacked go forward yet we were still in it unt the last minute! If that's the best the panthers have then LOLZ. Game could have been different if that yow yeh try was awarded.

MacCollough is shit. Well he was tonight. His service is really bad. I am sick of his dummies, no one falls for them.

We should be right next week.

Spot on Mr. Rock. Our halves struggled terribly and apart from Sammy and Ashton Sims, so did the forwards and Penrith were very strong defensively. Yet the Broncos could have just as easily won that game with a little luck. I'm not pressing the panic button yet, we will be in the playoffs and will probably make some noise there as well.

Our forwards were terrible you can't expect the halves to stand out.

The Rock said:
Ning I thought Wallace was our best. Always looked dangerous with the ball, helped set up the Winterstien try and his defence was good.

Yeah mate, I noticed your POTS points and figured you were a bit of a loony. :mrgreen:

We'll have to disagree I guess. I don't think he looked dangerous at all, in fact, I think he wasted a lot of opportunities. He seemed to throw a lot of dummy's, which eventuated in nothing, and I just don't think he ever really threatened the Panthers' defensive line - except for that try.

His defence was good though, I'll give him that.

I'm with ning, I thought Wallace looked bizarrely lost quite a few times. It was as though he didn't understand why they kept passing it to him.

Either way, the entire team was flat. I'm not worried at this stage but it will be very interesting to see if they can dig themselves out by next weekend.

On the plus side, I thought Hoffman had another pearler of a game.

Where was our go forward from previous weeks. It looked like a deliberate tactic to play wide but this should have been corrected at half time or early in the second half by IH. We have enough very good and inform backrowers without our props playing that way as well.

Macca seriously needs to be told to get his dummy half play in order first then worry about having a lash, he is a good kid but he looks to much for the stand out play.

This was a game for the taking and such a shame to lose 2 points with a really soft performance.

TBH I think we really missed Setu tonight. He has been fantastic for us over our winning streak.

TBH I think Kenny is rubbish, always gets dominated, slow getting back in the line...nice guy, but had enough of him

Active Now

• Dash
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • MasterWright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.