Broncos Vs. Raiders - Build Up Thread

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Lockyer was never going to be named, but I just hope he'll suit up Friday night!

Why, oh why insist with Te'o in the front row?
He's never been and never will be a front rower, besides being taken away from where he does most damage! [icon_non

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Wow that's the biggest bench we've named for a while. Probably a good thing against the raiders, those guys are massive.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think they will line up as named, but if Teo is still in the FR its an incredibly stubborn selection.

Id like to see Glenn on the bench, Gillett in the centers, Kenny starting, and Teo in the backrow.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
nopatience101 said:
I don't think they will line up as named, but if Teo is still in the FR its an incredibly stubborn selection.

Id like to see Glenn on the bench, Gillett in the centers, Kenny starting, and Teo in the backrow.

^^ This, but I'd prefer Anderson or McGuire to start. Kenny is too much like Tronc - a marshmallow. McGuire might give away an early penalty, that's the only concern.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I think for once this team list is a ruse. Lockyer will play if he thinks its really worth it.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I thought i heard Bruno saying yesterday that they'd sit Locky out of this game so he'd be right for the 4-nations tourny ?

If that's true then i'm pretty pissed off with the lot of them .... Lockyer should have the Broncos as his highest priority !

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
vertigo said:
I think for once this team list is a ruse. Lockyer will play if he thinks its really worth it.

Agreed, all this talk about him threatening his career is a load of crap. Hes played with injuries before, this is our last throw of the dice, so I'm expecting big changes to that lineup come Friday. All these mind games are not fair on the fans though.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I am really looking forward to seeing how the 1,6,7 and 9 all go together. They are the future after all. We might play better than I expect..

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I am really looking forward to seeing how the 1,6,7 and 9 all go together. They are the future after all. We might play better than I expect..

Or we might find none of them wants to lead and take control and so nothing happens [icon_lol1.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:

Or we might find none of them wants to lead and take control and so nothing happens [icon_lol1.

Nah Macca and Hunt will tear it up ...

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:

Likely scenario.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
It is strange that they both trained, we haven't even had a confirmation about Wallace's injury, so maybe hes fine..

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
renouf said:
It is strange that they both trained, we haven't even had a confirmation about Wallace's injury, so maybe hes fine..

Why wouldn't he be named then??? Seems dumb I really hope Henjak isn't playing stupid mind games.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I don't think for a moment that Canberra give a flying fart who Brisbane picks tbh. remember they have been bashing everyone senseless lately and will hardly be worried about the 11 th placed team who have forgotten the teams victory song. They would fear Cronulla more than us.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Huge. said:
I don't think for a moment that Canberra give a flying fart who Brisbane picks tbh. remember they have been bashing everyone senseless lately and will hardly be worried about the 11 th placed team who have forgotten the teams victory song. They would fear Cronulla more than us.

True, think back to this time last year when we played Canberra.. they were playing well, soon as they came up to Suncorp they looked like a rabble. We were struggling for form at the time aswell and still managed to beat them.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Locky rules himself out.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... iders-game
DARREN Lockyer has decided he will put the WOW Brisbane Broncos club and his long-term future first and has officially withdrawn from Friday’s blockbuster against the Raiders.

Lockyer trained with the team today but did only skill work, and was reasonably happy with the rib injury.

However it was a different story when he did some contact work away from the public.

He will now continue to work on his rehabilitation and count on the Broncos beating the Raiders by 15 points this weekend, and the Dragons beating the Rabbitohs. That would qualify the Broncos for the finals.

“I trained with the boys this afternoon and everything seemed to go okay,” said Lockyer.

“But when I did some private contact work I realised the injury is not ready for an NRL game yet.

“I had to make the right decision and I know I have.

“I have confidence the team can get the job done anyway and if all goes well, we will get a shot in the finals next week.”

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • broncoscope
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.