Broncos Vs Sharks - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

lyn said:
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASTWOOD!!! [icon_evillaugh
Yea i was quite amased with Boyd's defence, it was great, looks like he is adding a bit of crunch to it.
Carrols defence was orgasmic and we showed how much we realy need Hodges.
Hunt made some great try saving tackles as usual.
The forwards realy picked up their performances this week wich was realy good to see.:D
Beastwood had a awsome game and i think our bench was realy good.
Any news on who got M.O.M?

Eastwood got M.O.M

Yay! good on him. Thats who i tipped :D.
Gotta love his kick to Kemp icon_thumbs_u

once again the stats don't tell the whole story. Parker made 36 tackles. How many where he made first contact? I'd say he tried 4 times. That'd be his missed tackles.

He's nothing more than a flopper these days. I remember several times expecting a penalty as he lay his grey haired blob of crap on top of a tackled player.

6 metres per run. Embarrassing. And each one was, as hammo says, a lame oztag style hit and spin style wander.

Bennett needs to drop him or give him a rocket. He was great last year but has been terrible this year after his injury in round 1.

Coxy said:
once again the stats don't tell the whole story. Parker made 36 tackles. How many where he made first contact? I'd say he tried 4 times. That'd be his missed tackles.

He's nothing more than a flopper these days. I remember several times expecting a penalty as he lay his grey haired blob of crap on top of a tackled player.

6 metres per run. Embarrassing. And each one was, as hammo says, a lame oztag style hit and spin style wander.

Bennett needs to drop him or give him a rocket. He was great last year but has been terrible this year after his injury in round 1.

He needs to go to the bench IMO. That way he won't feel obliged to play the 80 minute backrower game like Hindmarsh or Fitzgibbon where you jog the ball up aimlessly and come in 3rd man for tackles, he was much better as a spurts player off the bench using his 'hit and spin' to create 2nd phase plays.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Coxy said:

He needs to go to the bench IMO. That way he won't feel obliged to play the 80 minute backrower game like Hindmarsh or Fitzgibbon where you jog the ball up aimlessly and come in 3rd man for tackles, he was much better as a spurts player off the bench using his 'hit and spin' to create 2nd phase plays.

Agree he is a bench player for sure. His best form was in 2006 playing off the bench. But if he doesn't fire from there he can go and have a game or two in the Q-Cup.

**** the stats, how could anyone in their right minds think Parker was anywhere near as good as TC i dont know. I'm talking about both attack and defence.

Coxy said:

The hit and spin just does not work for him does it. There were 1 or 2 hit ups last night where he just tucked it under his wing and ran straight and hard - I would think those made up most of his metres. Parker and Hannant go on these angled runs these days and just get picked off by the defence. Clinton, Simms and Kenny showed the way for us last night with the ball in hand - they run straight and hard and almost always make yards.

Defensively Eastwood and Carroll continue to hit hard for the entire time they are on the field. Huge effort from TC last night and Eastwood gets better and better each week and will be a great 13 for us when TC is not around next year. Our backline defence was awesome last night as well with Boyd and Manihera forming a great combination on our left side.

Play of the night for me was K and Eastwood's chase of the kick Pomeroy put through after he made that break in the second half. Their back up hooker was fresh and had just come onto the field and I thought he would get to the ball first for sure. K had to change direction but he wanted it more and Eastwood was probably never going to get it but didn't give up either. Great win for us and hopefully the start of something special!

What about Eastwood? He went to halfback when Wallace went of. Hodges passed the ball! What happened in those 8 weeks? I also thought Kenny was great, and should be our no. 8 next year.

BTW does anybody know where I can get the winning numbers for that charites fund raffle? I am 99.99% I didn't win, but you never know.

The Rock said:
Grub = Gallen.

If you want to compare Ennis to Gallen then go ahead, make yourself look like an idiot.

Ennis likes to niggle but he is far from a grub.

Sorry Rock, but it's quite clear your affection for Ennis has clouded your judgement, hence, it is you who is the idiot.

No returnsies.

Seriously dude, watch him, and think about it from another perspective. He is an A class grub and he will get worse at the dogs.

@ Coxy- Mate, he has improved, however against the dogs he did do a couple of knee droppers!

Alec said:
He made more runs, more metres and more metres per run than both Carroll and Sims, and topped the tackle count as well.

Yet, it's OK to praise both Carroll and Sims, and not Parker...

COXY!!!

See stats are an aweful way of grading players games!!!!!!

/discussion on stats for life!

Parker for QRL immediatly!!!! If you think otherwise, you are blind.

The Rock said:
Hammo said:
[quote="The Rock":1tpph359]

Grub = Gallen.

If you want to compare Ennis to Gallen then go ahead, make yourself look like an idiot.

Ennis likes to niggle but he is far from a grub.

Sorry Rock, but it's quite clear your affection for Ennis has clouded your judgement, hence, it is you who is the idiot.

No returnsies.

Seriously dude, watch him, and think about it from another perspective. He is an A class grub and he will get worse at the dogs.

@ Coxy- Mate, he has improved, however against the dogs he did do a couple of knee droppers!

Then your definition of a grubb is severely flawed.[/quote:1tpph359]

LOLZ.

No your defintion is. :roll: I'm rubber, you're glue.

I think that Manihera and Kemp were good under the high bombs. Just mentioning something that nobody else has yet.

lyn said:
I think that Manihera and Kemp were good under the high bombs. Just mentioning something that nobody else has yet.

Agree with you. And in general, I thought each played really well.

And given Kemp was a bit of a soccer star in the making, maybe we should start giving him a few little grubbers to chase so he show his soccer skills before re-gathering and scoring, like in one match I recall when he did exactly that. eusa_think

If Parker is rubbish in attack, how bad is Boyd going in the centres?
Chuck him on the wing, or just drop him to QLD Cup.
He defended great last night? The Sharks had nothing in attack.

Slide said:
If Parker is rubbish in attack, how bad is Boyd going in the centres?
Chuck him on the wing, or just drop him to QLD Cup.
He defended great last night? The Sharks had nothing in attack.

The Sharks have little in attack anyway.

We unpicked their game plan - such as it is and gave it to them.

As for Boyd - great in defence - little in attack in the centres. Boyd is a fine winger.

Give me Manihera with Hodges anyday.

Good tough victory. I never actually thought we were going to lose last night. The team were composed and always seemed in control - even when Cronulla made their run right at the death. Eastwood was sensational and rightfully got MOM. We're well placed to make an assault on places 3 & 4. Our draw over the next month is very favorable. No excuses for us now.

Steve said:
Good tough victory. I never actually thought we were going to lose last night. The team were composed and always seemed in control - even when Cronulla made their run right at the death. Eastwood was sensational and rightfully got MOM. We're well placed to make an assault on places 3 & 4. Our draw over the next month is very favorable. No excuses for us now.

No - none at all.

And our game against the Raiders will be most interesting.

Raiders touched us up last time, and were super impressive tonight against the Tits...it'll be another real test.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Spooky1013
  • broncs30
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.