Broncos Vs Sharks - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

nopatience pretty much has it right imo. I would add that I reckon Clinton is getting better, he was good especially in the first half.

The Rock said:
Hammo,

Steve Price - he always seems to get penalised for holding down. That's a flaw. Haha. Other than that, there isn't - he's a machine.

On Ennis - Would I like it? I would not care if he does that against us. Niggle and sledging has been apart of our game for years, who cares. There are so many players out there who do that.

lolz, you sure do pick and choose Rock. Mate, Ennis is a grub. Everyone can see it but you.

Holding down? Steve Price doesn't get penalised, he gives oppurtunities to those less fortunate.

Coxy said:
And I want someone to come out tonight and repeat the comment about Thaiday "always going to his knees". Absolute rot on tonight's performance. Loved his effort.

Based on tonight's performance it is rot yes. He only did it twice that I saw, and I genuinly believe he was trying to get a quick play the ball. Now, the last 4 weeks on the other hand.....

Nutley was head and shoulders (not literally coz he is bloody short) above every other player on the field tonight....hey Coxy?

No, he didn't do it last week either, or against the Bulldogs. He's cut it out since Origin, he's hardened up and has been our best forward for a month.

Highlight of the game, finding one of my coworks a row behind me and giving her crap all game because she supported the sharks!

Hodgo was heavily strapped so he might have a hamstring strain. He was great in the first half, hope he can keep that form up for the rest of the season.

Definitely an improved performance. We were mentally strong for the whole 80 mins. Even during the last 10 or so, we were buggered physically but we toughed it out to the very end. Good signs IMO.

It's funny how people see the game differently though. I thought Clinton was invisible, especially in the opening quarter. I swear I only saw him make one run.

Coxy said:
No, he didn't do it last week either, or against the Bulldogs. He's cut it out since Origin, he's hardened up and has been our best forward for a month.

I think I probably said something like that. I'm glad he has cut it out, it was a crap tactic.

I probably only remember 2 runs in that first 20 minutes too, but he came on in the second half and was solid. I thought he was easily better than Hannant.

Ennis is a dog, thank god he is going to them next year.

Being away last weekend and not seeing the game makes it hard to compare with the game vs the Cowgirls, but i thought it was a very solid effort from the boys against a no frills, boring opposition.

Locky is slowly getting back to his best though has a long way to go, Wallly is as tough as nails and a few forwards should take a leaf out of his book, Unleash the Beast another great effort from Beastwood, and thought TC was huge tonight and the one that really impressed me was Nick Kenny, tackled anything that moved and took it up hard.

Am really disappointed at the moment with Bulldog Ben, he is running it up soft and needs to get some mongrel back into his game. hodges was very quite and needs to realise that he needs to pick the time for his dummy half runs and not do it every time, it is very predictable Justin.

All up think WB will be happier, but still feel a few forwards need to still lift a few notches.

Coxy said:
I probably only remember 2 runs in that first 20 minutes too, but he came on in the second half and was solid. I thought he was easily better than Hannant.

Yeah. Although that's probably an indication of how poor Hannant was, rather than any awesomeness from Clinton.

Another thought..

Seeing Hunt's so good under the high ball in defence, why not give him the opportunity to jump for the ball in attack? If we're kicking high to the corner, Hunt should be the man leaping for the ball.

briareos said:
Hodgo was heavily strapped so he might have a hamstring strain. He was great in the first half, hope he can keep that form up for the rest of the season.

Corked thigh according to the man himself, should be right for next week.

Corked thigh huh? Doesn't explain the corked brain...but I guess the doctor dropped him on his head. **** I can't stand Hodges on the field, seriously. He annoys me as much as Ennis.

Parker and Hannant must be on their last warnings, surely! They were woeful tonight.

Any news on how Locky is after the head knock? He was good again tonight and with out him we would have surely been beat, so fingers crossed he's okay.

Carrol, eastwood, locky and sammy were good and I guess the pack got it done against a tough team in the sharks.

Just hope we can continue to improve.

Mate, my pet hate is players giving away stupid penalties. I don't care if it's Ennis, Hodges or fucking Lockyer, it's a pain in the arse!

Wallace is becoming one of those injury prone players, just about every game he seems to be pick up a knock..

It happens. Mainly because he doesn't shirk the defensive work and try and protect his body like Lockyer does (and hence he falls of tackles left right and centre).

Wallace goes in hard and wants to effect the tackle.

He'll get more robust as he gets experience, I'm not worried.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Bongo
  • Fozz
  • Skathen
  • broncoscope
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • Fatboy
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BooKhaki
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.