Broncos Vs Sharks - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

like when he kicked the ball some how he did something to his ankle, same thing happened in origin except it was his groin...

renouf said:
Wallace is becoming one of those injury prone players, just about every game he seems to be pick up a knock..

So would any other half back if they had to settle the ball up the middle for the forwards, or not get any protection from his forwards when kicking. Wally is one tough little buggar and I'm liking him more and more each game, love the work ethic icon_thumbs_u

Someone has mentioned the game against Storm in 2006 that we lost 18-12 that was a turning point in our season - showed we could match it with the big boys......is this deja vu all over again? 18-12 victory against equal 2nd in the comp? C'MON!!!!!

Is Fraser Anderson still on the payroll???? Had a Shocker!

And how about that mob of "Singing Shark fans" in the Eastern Stand. Not much to sing about now!

Raiders and Warriors coming up - total crunch games! We will crush all comers in the regualr season if we continue to improve as we did tonight.

great effort by the boys. i agree with Coxy hannant is not performing to what he can. if he keeps playing like he is we wont miss him.

i thought Sims and Clinton really played better. no drop ball and some good offloads.

Parker looked a little better, made some good tackles and actually took it up hard a couple of times instead of going across the field and spinning.

Hopefully we will have a full strength side to take revenge on the raiders next week.

Andyman said:
Someone has mentioned the game against Storm in 2006 that we lost 18-12 that was a turning point in our season - showed we could match it with the big boys......is this deja vu all over again? 18-12 victory against equal 2nd in the comp? C'MON!!!!!

Is Fraser Anderson still on the payroll???? Had a Shocker!

And how about that mob of "Singing Shark fans" in the Eastern Stand. Not much to sing about now!

Raiders and Warriors coming up - total crunch games! We will crush all comers in the regualr season if we continue to improve as we did tonight.

I remember that match in 2006 against the Storm, we lost it but the attitude, effort and intensity in defence was so much better then the crap we were dishing out for so long prior to it, I wouldn't say it was the outright turning point but it definity gave us a fair bit of confidence at a time we had none.

Congrats to the boys, a far better effort then some of the crap dished out in recent times, we still have a lot of work ahead to be a real threat but you need to start somewhere, hopefully its here.

renouf said:
like when he kicked the ball some how he did something to his ankle, same thing happened in origin except it was his groin...

Pretty sure he was a bit uncomfortable before that too, and he got smashed after that kick. As Russo said, he gets no protection.

Locky has TC or Stagg to protect him, we need to have Parker or Beastwood to protect Wally or he will continue to pick up injuries during a game. With experience he will also start to play a bit smarter as well and not take those rucks etc and also abuse his forwards more.

Really good effort. Good to see our good defence back!!! Tonie Carroll was outstanding and great game from Eastwood as well.

Rocky mate I'm gonna give a wrap to Ennis as well. Tonight he showed signs of knowing when to run, when to pass, when to kick etc.. No selfish play and no stupid stuff. Much much better icon_thumbs_u

I thought Manihera had a ripper of a game on the wing. Made some great metres coming out of our end and proved a real handful to tackle!!!

And Gallen is a fuckhead.

I was pretty happy with Parker. He didn't dominate, but he tried really hard. He got through a ton of work, a lot more than any other forward on the field.

FFS, he got through a lot of work on flops and did wussy little half arsed hit ups. He was woeful.

Ennis has been one of our best players these past few weeks but I still get the feeling he takes the wrong option. For example in the first half we were all set up on the left hand side and only had Hodges on the right who was well and truly covered by two defenders...yet Ennis goes that way?! Just seemed incredibly silly and makes me believe a player of Marsh's calibre can certainly take over the role Ennis provides if not a promising McCullough.

With that said great performance from the boys. We showed we can match it with a Top 4 side and with a fair draw ahead of us we should be able to make sizeble improvements come the finals.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASTWOOD!!!

Sharkies were a bit off tonight, but can't be disappointed with the Broncos performance.

Aspect of the performance I really liked is how much the midfield defence looked like early in the season. At the start of the season we had Carroll, Eastwood, Hannant and Sims patrolling the middle of the field and smashing everything in sight. When it happened at the start of the year there was nowhere to run and the yardage for opposing teams dried up. And that's pretty much what happened tonight.

Looks like we're on track for a re-match in the 4vs5 game on the first Friday of the finals.

What's peoples problem with Parker?????

I thought he was fine today, and the stats back that up

11 hit-ups for 119 metres gained, = 10.8 metres a hitup

2 offloads

36 tackles with 4 missed.

That's a fine performance.

He made the most metres in the team bar kemp (Who isn't a forward)

And he made the most tackles in the team.

He also made the most hit-ups on the team.

He made more runs, more metres and more metres per run than both Carroll and Sims, and topped the tackle count as well.

Yet, it's OK to praise both Carroll and Sims, and not Parker...

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
What's peoples problem with Parker?????

I thought he was fine today, and the stats back that up

11 hit-ups for 119 metres gained, = 10.8 metres a hitup

2 offloads

36 tackles with 4 missed.

That's a fine performance.

He made the most metres in the team bar kemp (Who isn't a forward)

And he made the most tackles in the team.

He also made the most hit-ups on the team.

Those stats aren't correct.

He made 119 metres from 19 runs. 11 of those were hit ups, so he probably made even less from actual hit ups!

Well that's an even more amazing effort, 119 metres, 36 tackles and 19 runs WOW!

I thought boyd's defence was oustanding as well. Manhihera doesn't seem to get enough praise here. Lots of potential i feel....

Yeah Boyd was pretty good in defense and Manihera is great I hope he is on the wing for us next year he can only get better. Another performance where we improved on last week but haven't really clicked. If we click next week the Raiders are in trouble.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASTWOOD!!! [icon_evillaugh
Yea i was quite amased with Boyd's defence, it was great, looks like he is adding a bit of crunch to it.
Carrols defence was orgasmic and we showed how much we realy need Hodges.
Hunt made some great try saving tackles as usual.
The forwards realy picked up their performances this week wich was realy good to see.:D
Beastwood had a awsome game and i think our bench was realy good.
Any news on who got M.O.M?

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Manofoneway
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Swordfish
  • Scorchie
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.