Broncos Vs Sharks - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

We're ok in the wet but I think it will suit Cronulla better. They're a pretty lifeless footy team and they're going to turn the game into a slog. We shouldn't be sucked into that game plan. It's particularly important our forwards aim up tonight because I think we've got the edge over the Sharks out wide. Let's run them ragged.

I'm surprisingly confident about tonight.

Really looking forward to seeing Hodges back. He'll be champing at the bit to play.

I think Lockyer and Wallace will shine tonight.

The Sharks are nothing special IMO, just a solid well drilled team. They'll be hard to breakdown early, but should we breakthrough in the first 20 minutes, i think the tries will continue to flow.

Getting ready to head out to Suncorp.....

C'mon Boys:

UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Agree with everything you said nopatience (in the other thread, which btw is a silly way of doing things)

i have no doubt in my mind gould had a bite of the $2.90 the sharks were paying at the tab....... it was non stop all night...... Broncos defence was great and eventually succumbed with that last soft try after being down to a 2 man bench...... broncs attack was pretty dismal, but the sharks are a great defensive side..... hodges didnt do much and wasnt asked to do too much, at times ennis should have gone to lockyer when he called for it but went the other way and blew the movement, he also should have converted that last try but choked again..... broncos just tired in the last 20mins, good grinding win..... attitude was much better this week....parker tried really hard tonight but probably tried too hard with a few dropped balls and forced passes..... still cant seem to close out a game and really assert any authority over opposition, attack needs alot of work and i still think our forwards are not getting us the metres we need and never seems to get over the advantage line.... we only ever get an attacking opportunity after a penalty sends us in the opposition half and while our attack isnt clicking we arnt making the most of the slim opportunities we get because our backs are doing the forwards work...... eastwood should have probably been penalised for being offside after getting the ball from infront of ennis when he kicked for the try....... better performance than last week so at least we are improving, but we need to improve alot more to be competitive with the top sides.....

The Rock said:
Renouf - Live scores thread is for that exactly - live scores. Not really post discussion thread. We'd have too many people complaining about post game discussions being in 3-4 seperate threads, so it's the best way to keep things in one thread.

Isn't this a spoiler now though? Some people may not be watching the game until later in the evening...

I understand you're trying to clean things up, but it's just silly cutting off the discussions like that...

I thought Eastwood was outstanding tonight a deserved MOM IMO. Locly is improving with every game back. we have improved from the Bulldogs game ---> Cowboys game and we improved a hell of a lot from the Cowboys game to the Sharks game, now we have to improve even more for next weeks game.

I am worried about Hodges and Wallace i hope they haven't picked up any injuries and will be available for next weeks game. i am also slightly worried about Lockyer (but not about his knee) concussion can be a tricky thing to deal with and i hope he is alright from that head knock.

Eastwood, Carroll, Sims good game.

Ennis played very well, lucky to get a few penalties, but no player knows how to bend rules to near breaking point like him.

Locky still hasn't mass confidence in himself, let alone his outside men.

Good tough game, despite the media monkeys (nine network) claiming the Sharks grind their games out, tonight actually suited our game moreso than the Sharks. I'm happy, however, I'm not convinced we can stick with a points team, like the Roosters or the top 2. We are sloths in the play the ball and the entire first half was a disjointed shamble.

Good game, not great.

The Rock said:
Hammo said:
Ennis played very well, lucky to get a few penalties, but no player knows how to bend rules to near breaking point like him.

The man should buy a lottery ticket then.

He does it every week.

True. It's just a shame that half his little scoots don't net any metres at all. Or worse, he scoots than offloads flat to a forward, expecting them to take the ball, whilst being tackled.

I know you want his children, but keep it in your pants.

P.S. How high was Seymour's bomb? w0w

AND, Hunt is a demi-god....that is all.

Credit is due. And I have paid it.

He is a good player, no doubt. However, he has quite a few flaws. Hopefully he will fix them, but I doubt it...AND, when he's not wearing gold and maroon, I'll fucking hate him! :)

I really like it when people say we still have to improve to match it with the top sides.Last time I looked Sharks were up
in the top 4.
Much better tonight.Have to stop letting in tries in the last minutes of the game and play it till the end.
Eastwood was great.Deserved his m.o.m.
Looking at these blokes shaking my head just thinking "Bruno WTF????" Next year and we could blitz them all.This year am not so sure. Forwards apart from the Carrols hits just don't have it.(Sammy excluded from that)

Channel 9 commentators including Ikin should be banned from calling league.How I would love the Fox red button to get rid of these jerks.
Another week,more improvement and next week we will be even better injuries allowing.
P.S. Gallen once again proved what a dog he is...

The Rock said:
Every player has a few flaws. No player is perfect. *Waits for Steve Price comment from Hammo*

In all seriousness; tell me a single flaw in Steve Price's game?

Also, The Rock, tell me honestly;

Do you think you will like Ennis when he is employing his "skills" against the Broncos? His niggling, his sledging??

We were better. The forwards turned up for most of the match against a really tough side. Thaiday, Eastwood and Carroll stood out for me and Hodges looked likely in the 1st half before tiring. The 2 points are great but the confidence they will hopefully take from an improved team performance is huge. I didn't put my +7.5 start unfortunately instead dragged myself along for the first time in a little while, got to meet Coxy, Tee and Flutterby! Highlight of the night was the guy behind us continually calling Coxy a skinny latte!

I thought it was a big improvement. It was dominant from the Broncos until the last 15 minutes, and at that point Locky was in disneyland and Stagg was Mickey Mouse, and Wallace and Hodges were on one leg between them. Sharks made a couple of breaks and managed a couple of tries from that, but all in all the Broncos defence was superb.

Big kudos to Tonie Carroll there, his defence was brutal.
Also kudos to Eastwood, Thaiday, Stagg and Kenny who I thought were brilliant in reacting to cover the inside ball. The Sharks made NO breaks with that play.

Sims and Clinton continue to improve...let's keep it coming.
Only let down for me was Hannant, he was quiet again.

And I want someone to come out tonight and repeat the comment about Thaiday "always going to his knees". Absolute rot on tonight's performance. Loved his effort.

Backline...well, not great, but not helped by Wallace picking up an ankle injury early in the second half, and then Lockyer being knocked out a bit later. Locky was visibly out of it. His defence was worse than usual, and his kicks were totally poor...either caught on the full in goal, or caught on the full by the Sharks fullback.

Highlight of the night was meating FCB BB AKA MB though. One of my biggest fans! LOL, good to meet you, even if you did spend the whole night wrapping Nutley to try and get a reaction out of me :P

Gallen is full on scum.... grrr hate the tard.

Well done to K, couple of try saving attempts by tackles, and desperation to clean up the ball near the post.

lovin Greggy Eastwood.... i was just hanging out for him to score tonight, knew it would happen!

Active Now

• Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • Wild Horse
  • Strop
  • MrRobot
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosgirl
  • cento
  • Pablo
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.