Broncos Vs Sharks - Team lists, pre & post game discusson

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Locky was fully fit in '06, as he will be in six weeks' time here.

Hodges has improved three fold since '06, and I'm not even going to get started on Boyd.

Hunt has improved HEAPS in taking on more responsibility since '06.

Wallace is, I think, just a touch more impressive than Shane Perry.

Unlike '06, we now have a genuine hooker.

Granted, we're missing Webcke and Civo. But we also now boast, instead of slow dinosaurs like Thorn and Carlaw, some great back-rowers who actually run angles and have the ability to perform quick play-the-balls.

I don't think we're in the top three chances for it this year.

But to make out like the '06 side was some sort of dream team is SUCH a farking joke that a lot of people seem to enjoy agreeing to. The fact of the matter is, we didn't look likely to win the title that year until 70 mins into the GF.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
mick! said:
Locky was fully fit in '06, as he will be in six weeks' time here.

Hodges has improved three fold since '06, and I'm not even going to get started on Boyd.

Hunt has improved HEAPS in taking on more responsibility since '06.

Wallace is, I think, just a touch more impressive than Shane Perry.

Unlike '06, we now have a genuine hooker.

Granted, we're missing Webcke and Civo. But we also now boast, instead of slow dinosaurs like Thorn and Carlaw, some great back-rowers who actually run angles and have the ability to perform quick play-the-balls.

I don't think we're in the top three chances for it this year.

But to make out like the '06 side was some sort of dream team is SUCH a farking joke that a lot of people seem to enjoy agreeing to. The fact of the matter is, we didn't look likely to win the title that year until 70 mins into the GF.
[icon_lol1. Well said Mick!

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Maybe not Mick but the 06 side had a much greater potential to lift for a big game.

Locky post knee recon = unknown

No civo or Webcke, the main difference and a massive difference IMO.

I think we can be top 3, we may beat Manly on a really good day but we can't beat Storm unless they have injuries.
Storm are too professional, and have the experience in high pressure games now to back it up.

Agree with your assessment on the punt by the way. If you feel like it would you post your best multi for the week I've had good results with your all ups earlier this year. icon_thumbs_u

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
IMO, we can beat any of the top sides. Manly, Roosters and Sharks have all shows flaws that teams can attack. Melbourne is the complete outfit. We can beat them, but it will be insanely tough.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Clintos said:
IMO, we can beat any of the top sides. Manly, Roosters and Sharks have all shows flaws that teams can attack. Melbourne is the complete outfit. We can beat them, but it will be insanely tough.

The Rorters showed everyone exactly how to beat the Storm last year. I'll never forget that game in terms of how a team adapted to and stuck to their game plan/guns.

We just have to follow the same game plan, and hope our pack shows some damn 80 minute commitment, and then we can beat any team.

IMO - the Sharkies game will prove just how far we'll go this year.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I will have money on the Sharks, our pack will feel vindicated by the lack of axe-weilding and the Sharkies props will bash us.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'll be putting a 100 on the Broncos at 13.5 plus, it is time the Broncos stood up and were counted as premiership contenders.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
They should click into gear, this is the side we had on the park against Parramatta back in Round 12 and we carved them up in attack - except our defence was shit

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
renouf said:
They should click into gear, this is the side we had on the park against Parramatta back in Round 12 and we carved them up in attack - except our defence was shit

We didn't really carve the whole of the Parra side in attack, just Eric Grothe, whose defence was just shocking. That's why he hasn't played FG since then.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
We scored one of the best tries I've seen in years against Parramatta... wasn't on Grothes wing either

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
renouf said:
We scored one of the best tries I've seen in years against Parramatta... wasn't on Grothes wing either

Where Lockyer kicked to Kemp?

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
nah the one when Ennis ran from dummy half and threw a 20m pass to Hodges

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
mick! said:

While I appreciate the optimism, to suggest Hodges is a much better player he was two years ago is absolutely off the mark. He's been stone cold average so far this season and needs/needed a massive shake up. Hopefully this comment comes to bite me in the ass.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
[quote="mick!":1a106wab]

While I appreciate the optimism, to suggest Hodges is a much better player he was two years ago is absolutely off the mark. He's been stone cold average so far this season and needs/needed a massive shake up. Hopefully this comment comes to bite me in the ass.[/quote:1a106wab]

There's been plenty of criticism of Hodges this year and it is totally unfounded IMO. Consider the fact he has stepped into a leadership role this season and captained the side on several occasions and has been plenty better than "stone cold average". Not as good as his 2006 form (that was as good as he'll get IMO) but still one of the best if not the best centre in the game.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Absolutely. I think his attacking form in 2006 was just as good as he's still capable of. But he's cut the crap from his game, he's developed more elements to his attacking football, he's a more confident player, he's stronger in defence and all round I think he's much more versatile now than he has ever been.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think he's about the same in attack as back in 06. It's just back in 06 the opposition hadn't totally figured him out yet.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Actually scratch that, he was much better in 06, if only because he could actually draw and pass.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Stix
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • Lostboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.