Broncos vs Souths Game Thread (Teams Announced)

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think the spirit of the team won that grand final. Sure, Wayne's a great coach, but I have absolutely no doubt that anyone who had that team handed to them in the finals last year would have been part of a winning team.

They played the game for themselves, and the name they wear on their left side.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
A coach that is afraid to make tough decisions in the team's longterm best interests shouldn't be in the league, Bennett has by far had to make the toughest decision ever since I've been following the game and probably the hardest in the games interest, sacking Lewis as coach and letting him go and I have no doubts he has his clubs and players best interests at heart too and frankly Taylor hasn't done anything this season when he has played to be assured a certain position in the side let alone costing us games if his absent...his been solid but not screaming to be played week in and week out over anyone else and to be frank without knowing behind the scenes exactly what is going on its hard to make an educated comment on it. Finally considering its only a rumour and already people have brought the swords out before its even been announced, I thought he has earnt enough respect for what he has done for the club, obviously not.

A

ALH

QCup Player
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah DT hasn't really stepped up like most people expected, mind due he has had limited opportunities.

I don't blame WB I trust his judgment.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Only played 25 minutes against the Tits.

I don't want to take Souths lightly but tonight would've been ideal for him to rack up a lot of minutes.

Show some confidence in the young fella, Wayne!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
briareos said:
Only played 25 minutes against the Tits.

I don't want to take Souths lightly but tonight would've been ideal for him to rack up a lot of minutes.

Show some confidence in the young fella, Wayne!

In a game that was high pressured and demanding for a comeback by the team and mistakes or a poor showing could kill his confidence. not the best situation for him to be playing long lengths just yet when he has yet to cement his spot in first grade, I know Webcke agrees strongly with this approach when he was coming up through the ranks. Bennett has confidence in him, he also knows the consequences of decisionmaking when it comes to these things.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I thought Taylor was excellent when he came on last week. eusa_think

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Dave Taylor is out. Moon is starting.

Fox. [icon_thumbs_do

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I got $25 on Souths to win.

Broncos fans, we will fargin SMASH the bunnies tonight icon_thumbs_u

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I got no idea where he's going to be starting.

I can only think that Lockyer will be off the bench.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Nashy said:
I got no idea where he's going to be starting.

I can only think that Lockyer will be off the bench.
Where did you hear this?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos website says Moon will be on the bench.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Moon started, I can only imagine it would have to be at 5/8th or at centre....

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thats probably not a bad idea with Moon actually if they do play him at 5/8th, not sure if his ready for a full 80 mins just yet and it doesn't allow the rabbitohs to target him early.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
im off to the game now peeps, wish me luck!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
GCBRONCO said:
Broncos website says Moon will be on the bench.

Which no doubt means Lockyer is starting, and why Taylor is out, and I would have preferred Taylor to Kenny.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.