Broncos vs STORM LIVE SCORES SPOILERS REVEALED

• Thread starter broncos_are_the_best
  • Start date
For the first game I have watched since April last year - I was quite impressed. Obviously the fact that we lost (and lost badly on paper) I think we played pretty well. I haven't seen the last 3 games of the season so from what I can tell, this is a better look team than we've had for a while. The defence was strong, the attack was there in patches. I don't think we deserved the scoreline but can't take it off the storm. I think they played brilliantly. Slater just kills us every time he plays us doesn't he? He was 10/10 for me.

It was disappointing not to see a win first week back for me - but regardless of the score, enjoyed the game and I'm excited about year 2008 for the Broncos. Lets just hope Locky will be ok (no one undertands how exciting it is for me to see him play again!!).

I thought Robinson has consistantly improved and is growing in confidence in every game, however Kemps a better player IMO........

Robinson has speed to burn!!! But i think the couple times he took off we ended up bunging it up and dropping it or ending up in touch.

Darius needs to work on reading plays while attacking and making safer decisions. When K made that bust and Darius had some open space, he went closer to the sidelined and got bungled into touch. I thought it might of been a bit of a no-brainer to head infield, take the tackle and keep possesion (especially seeing as we hadn't had alot of possession at that stage, and we were getting bungled into touch a few times). But was quiet impressed with his defencive efforts.

we missed Hodges alot in defence and it became seemingly obvious tonight how much clean up work he does on that side. Robinson does seem to come in a fair way and leave it a bit to open. But Robinson did show what he can do when his centre passes him the ball.

He really needs to reconsider the way he runs the ball to the defensive line though. I don't think I've seen him take a dummy half run/kick return yet without getting totally dominated by a defender.

Refer my comments in the other thread but yeah Norths played well.

Dissappointing that the noveau Broncos were smashed. It's a transitional period with Lockyer on the way out. And the Storm -

Positives... An out numbered and underarmed Wallace showed his guts which were promising. WB has to cut his crap and unleash Taylor though. I think PJ and Hodges (our 2 dummy half runners) being out really hurt us. I wouldn't say we failed the test.. but could have had a better preparation.

And lets give Dazza 3 weeks off. He IS. NOT. READY. YET. **** origin. **** week 1 - 12. We will win the premiership if this team stays fit and Darren Lockyer can inject into a backline controlled by Wallace/managed by Hunt.

We were ok and came up against a great side that really hit its straps. If a few things went our way it could have been close however the better side won but we were not disgraced. The Storm showed us and everyone else that they are still the games benchmark tonight and I think we showed with luck and a few good players coming back in we are not too far away. Robinson was ok and will be better for the mistakes he made, this was the first time heat was consistently put on him. Wallace was superb before Lockyer came on and suddenly the hookers were throwing every pass off the ruck to Lockyer, not sure if this was Lockyer demanding or Wallace hiding or both but it is a concern because Darren is a bit rusty and we need Wallace to take command.

well we didnt aim up in the forwards. once again quick play the balls and dummy half runs killed us.

any other team that had 2 forwards running and passing at our line would have got smashed but not tonight.

we just looked a step behind since the start.

the 2 tries from kicks put us 2 far behind. without those we would have been in the game.

But we really missed Hodges runs and parker on the edge.

Like your language ^.Reckon with a full strength side we could have done the Storm.All looks promising for the future.
Hope Locky doesn't play any rep footy this year even though they say its all in the mind as yet with the knee [icon_pray.

How good is Micheals going?Missed PJ and FGS do we need Perry.Too slow.

Billy Slater was the differance IMO.Playing brilliant and if he keeps going this way will have to be the Origin fullback.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
We were ok and came up against a great side that really hit its straps. If a few things went our way it could have been close however the better side won but we were not disgraced. The Storm showed us and everyone else that they are still the games benchmark tonight and I think we showed with luck and a few good players coming back in we are not too far away. Robinson was ok and will be better for the mistakes he made, this was the first time heat was consistently put on him. Wallace was superb before Lockyer came on and suddenly the hookers were throwing every pass off the ruck to Lockyer, not sure if this was Lockyer demanding or Wallace hiding or both but it is a concern because Darren is a bit rusty and we need Wallace to take command.

But how does a bunch of dirty retards like Cronulla top Melbourne?? A confidence side weak to a good niggle from a stirrer like Gallen?

If thats the case we need a dirt bag to unsettle the Storm- Hodgo - 2002 trash talk required son

Have St George signed Perry?

subsbligh said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

But how does a bunch of dirty retards like Cronulla top Melbourne?? A confidence side weak to a good niggle from a stirrer like Gallen?

If thats the case we need a dirt bag to unsettle the Storm- Hodgo - 2002 trash talk required son

Cronulla played a very strict gameplan and were superb in defense. They also played a Storm side that had a premiership/world club hangover, unfortunately it seems that they woke up just in time to play us.

rnabokov said:
Have St George signed Perry?

I wish. He was ordinary just for a change tonight, he gives us no momentum whats so ever as a hooker. As soon as Ennis came on he was moving forward to take the play the ball and in turn got the forwards moving quicker, he also ran pretty well a couple of times tonight.

I thought we played pretty well. The Storm were just too good though, they dominated field position and possession for the whole game. A few points..

Why was Ennis not used in the first 20mins? Perry and Stagg were way too slow from dummy half.

And how come Robinson was benched? He wasn't going that badly and the defensive combo of Boyd/Robsinson seemed to work better than Stagg/Boyd.

Ennis was impressive tonight.

I wouldn't mind seeing Locky rested for a few more games

Let's all pray that come origin time, Greg Inglis is not required to:-

a) put up a bomb , or
b) catch a little dolly of a kick to score a try [icon_razz1

proud of the boys. If a few more things went our way we could have won - Plenty to like I reckon!

We played well.

I don't have any major concerns with any players performances.

Ennis was MOTM for us IMO, excellent performance, and brilliant out of dummy half.

The thing which let us down was our line speed, and our kick chase. Melbourne came out all guns blazing for the first twenty minutes, and were left tired for the remainder of the half. We needed to capitalise on that, but we didn't.

Our kick chase was way too staggered and Slater exploited it. There were gaps everywhere. Plus our line speed was too slow, contrast this to Melbourne who were right up in your face and you can see why they dominated field position.

Our team out there tonight was well capable of beating Melbourne, but in the end they were just to good for us. They are a very fast and strong team.

I'm confident in saying, the winners this year will come out of this match tonight.

ethos said:
And how come Robinson was benched? He wasn't going that badly and the defensive combo of Boyd/Robsinson seemed to work better than Stagg/Boyd.

They just said on the telecast he did his groin.

Like most, I'm not too upset after this game. We played ok but came up against a quality team that was seriously due for a win and always fires up against us. I'd say Locky will take a few weeks off and get himself right, and our forwards will be fired up for next week, hopefully with PJ Marsh back in the side (nothing wrong with Ennis tonight, but I don't think his fitness is up to 80 minutes yet).

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.