Broncos Vs. Titans - Game Thread

Wallace has great defense too, no coincidence that at the end of last year when we were playing good footy Wallace was hitting some of his best form

Scotty said:
Wallace was decent tonight IMO, I still think people who say he is just like Perry are deadset crazy.
+1000

Sims didn't seem to get much time.. or do much when he was on.

Can only remember 1 hit up.

user_nat said:
Sims didn't seem to get much time.. or do much when he was on.

Can only remember 1 hit up.

9 hitups for 62 metres, 11 tackles 2 offloads, not bad but not great either.

Hoffman is no superstar however he doesn't need to be in a team of Folaus and Hodges. All he needs is play his role which he does superbly. He is a classic fullback and really gives us some security with his positioning and ability to defuse kicks and attacking raids.

Finally saw some what Setu is capable of tonight. I have been singing his praises for years. The guy is only 21 and has a lot of improvement in him IMO. If the Broncos stick with him they will get rewards.

Great performance, how good is our scrambling defense? Can't believe those people who say Locky is past it... how good was he again? Even better now that he trusts those around him.

Teo, Locky, Hoffman, Gillet the standouts.

I'm also happy that we now seem to offload. We're not able to do that second phase fullback as second pivot thing anymore so at least we are making it up elsewhere. Wallace played pretty well I thought. Adds a little bit extra in defense. Especially the desperate stuff. Can't wait for McCoullough to get back. Hunt doesn't have me as excited as last week. He should add that much extra in defense as well.

m1c said:
Hoffman is no superstar however he doesn't need to be in a team of Folaus and Hodges. All he needs is play his role which he does superbly. He is a classic fullback and really gives us some security with his positioning and ability to defuse kicks and attacking raids.

Mate im so glad to see someone not refer to him as "nothing like hunt"

Thankyou

Somewhat more satisfying than last weeks win in that not only did we back up what good work we did against the storm but at 12-6 at half time we came out and really kept the pressure on. No giving up last minute first half tries, not coming out of the sheds and not picking up from where we left off. Yeah we had a few missed tackles but we also discovered our ability to offload and players are ready for it and following Setu, Gillet, Tronc and co.
Big wraps for Setu tonight (best game in broncos colours?) and also Teo. Glenn was excelent. Tronc seems to have found his feet. Wallace was great first game back ( cover tackle on Mead superb) and a lot of the young guys looked confident and with players coming back everyone is looking over their shoulder which can only be good for us :D
Oh and Gillett...how can i forget...he is a dead set GUN!!!!!

Another sensational performance from Gillet, lock him up for many years Cullen!

Prime said:

Matty has knocked back offers from other clubs both twice his contract at Brisbane, his a loyal bloke so dont worry! He does want to be captain one day for Brisbane.

Superb performance from the boys tonight. Goes to show that attitude really is everything. I think we are in for a few inconsistent performances but our best will match any team.. Great game from the usual suspects and I thought Hoffman was superb and is only just warming to his task as fullback in the NRL.

Bucking Beads said:
Superb performance from the boys tonight. Goes to show that attitude really is everything. I think we are in for a few inconsistent performances but our best will match any team.. Great game from the usual suspects and I thought Hoffman was superb and is only just warming to his task as fullback in the NRL.

Yeah ditto from me. Sensational performances from the whole team - it was great to watch. Te'o, Folau, Hoffman, Thaiday, Parker, Gillett and Setu really stood out I thought.

Just want to point something out though, with the amount of offloads we were getting, if Hoffman could support the play a bit more around the ruck he'd add another dimension to his game. He'll learn though.

And how was Bird targetting Locky all night? Don't know why people still bother really. Seemed to be getting some of his own medicine as the game wore on.

Just thought I'd mention how good our defense was tonight. 30+ missed tackles wasnt great but we held our line and really pressured them into making mistakes with the ball and their only four pointer came from a dropped ball from us with Hoffman up in the line.

Prime said:

Most definitely, this guy can do anything, he wouldn't be earning much more than the league minimum, give him a 400% pay rise before the Rebels snap him up.

Does any one else agree with me that Glenn seems to suit playing in the centres?

I have always strongly believed that he will be a lock but in his games in the centres this year I have started to think differently. I love seeing him out wide with his acceleration and awesome footwork. Not to mention his defence.

Active Now

• kwomo
  • jarro65
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.