Broncos vs Warriors Build up Thread

I don't think Norman is ready for first grade. I don't know that he ever will be. He looked confident before the game, I really thought he was in for a big one.

Anyway, Halves for Friday, if Lockyer is out, should be:

6. Wallace
7. Hunt.

I think taking Lockyer in underdone to this game against a big Warriors pack at a cold and wet Mt Smart is very risky and possibly unnecessary.

By all accounts, Lockyer won't be 100% for the rest of the season, even if we make the finals. Rib injuries are painful and take a good 6-8 weeks to get right.

If they play Lockyer, they need Thaiday defending inside him and Gillett outside in the centres, because otherwise he will be (more of) a defensive liability. A good shot under the ribs and Lockyer will be out for the game.

Would rather Te'o and Folau.

Thaiday and Gillett aren't the best defenders.

The warriors at home isn't a game you want to be playing if your ribs aren't 100%.

Abe The Cop said:
The warriors at home isn't a game you want to be playing if your ribs aren't 100%.

They have some very big, very strong ball runners in their team and Lockyer will be sure massive amounts of traffic regardless of his ribs. I still remember vividly what Frances Meli did to Brent Tate over there, they just have an attitude on their turf which is so aggressive. We could really learn a thing or two about aggression from a club like the Warriors.

The Brizz said:
[quote="Abe The Cop":31l2md1m]The warriors at home isn't a game you want to be playing if your ribs aren't 100%.

They have some very big, very strong ball runners in their team and Lockyer will be sure massive amounts of traffic regardless of his ribs. I still remember vividly what Frances Meli did to Brent Tate over there, they just have an attitude on their turf which is so aggressive. We could really learn a thing or two about aggression from a club like the Warriors.[/quote:31l2md1m]

I think we'll learn a thing or two in a lot of areas of the game on Friday night.

My team...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Matt Gillett
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ashton Sims

- Dodds in to stiffen up the defence, Gillett to the bench to relieve him from his defensive duties and give us a weapon off the bench.

- Sims in for either McGuire or Anderson to add some much needed aggression in the pack. My instructions to him would just go out there and smack any Warriors bastard you see. If McGuire stays though...he has to be on his best behaviour...refs are really beginning to target him.

Henjak has set up camp for the boys on the Sunshine Coast and Locky won't make a call on his availability until Wednesday.

What about Kenny? Surely he needs to be back in the side,.

My team.

1.Hoffman
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Yow Yeh
6.Norman
7.Wallace
8.Tronc
9.McCullough
10.McGuire
11.Te'o
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Hunt
15.Gillett
15.Anderson
16.T. Sims

1- Hoffman
2- Winterstein
3- Glenn
4- Folau
5- Yow Yeh (he usually backs up from a bad game with a very good one)
6- Wallace (to allow Hunt to play in his preferred position) or Locky (Hunt out all together)
7- Hunt or Wallace
8- Tronc
9- McCullough (hopefully he can pull 80 mins, otherwise Glenn into the position and Gillett at centre)
10- Kenny (because we need someone to stand up, and Te'o back in the 2nd row)
11- Te'o
12- Thaiday (play simple, run hard in the fringes)
13- Parker
14- Gillett
15- Sims (need some defence busting runs)
16- Dodds (for his solid defence when under pressure)
17- McGuire (just needs to control enthousiasm a little bit more to avoid giving away penalties)

No inventions from Henjak please and leave the best players on the field!!!

lyn said:
My team.

1.Hoffman
2.Winterstein
3.Glenn
4.Folau
5.Winterstein
6.Norman
7.Wallace
8.Tronc
9.McCullough
10.McGuire
11.Te'o
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Hunt
15.Gillett
15.Anderson
16.T. Sims
Are you planning on cloning Winter, or do you think he can easily handle both wings at the same time? [icon_razz1

Big Pete said:
My team...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Tronc
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Matt Gillett
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ashton Sims

- Dodds in to stiffen up the defence, Gillett to the bench to relieve him from his defensive duties and give us a weapon off the bench.

- Sims in for either McGuire or Anderson to add some much needed aggression in the pack. My instructions to him would just go out there and smack any Warriors bastard you see. If McGuire stays though...he has to be on his best behaviour...refs are really beginning to target him.

The only way sims should play is if we don't need a utility on the bench. Anderson and McGuire imo are worth more to us then Sims and both are really starting to stand out and give their all.

Anderson hasn't done much since the Cowboys game...

Big Pete said:

Nobody has!!!!! Can't drop Anderson on the basis of that.

Personally I reckon he has shown enough to get the other starting spot with Tronc. Either of him or McGuire I'd like to see in that position.

Jeba said:
Big Pete said:

Nobody has!!!!! Can't drop Anderson on the basis of that.

Personally I reckon he has shown enough to get the other starting spot with Tronc. Either of him or McGuire I'd like to see in that position.

+1.

The idea of Dodds starting makes me LOL. He makes 2 hit ups a game. Half our problem is lack of go forward and we start a prop who's scared to get the ball? Please.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • azza.79
  • FACTHUNT
  • BRC088
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • porouian
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.