Broncos vs Wynnum Manly Seagulls

LIVESTREAM YOUTUBE:

Wynnum trial team

LATE CHANGES: Te Maire Martin in, Tyrone Roberts (sick) out. Deine Mariner in, Ethan Quai Ward (leg) out. Gamble onto bench.

SEAGULLS SQUAD

Aaron Rockley
Bailey Hartwig
Ben Farr
Braden Whittaker
Brandon Jackonia
Caleb Daunt
Clayton Mack
Daine Spencer
Dredin Sorenson
EJ Lui
Ethan Malt
Felix Faatilli
Harrison Graham
Jack Bowyer
Jacob Sturt
James Robinson
Jayden Connors
Kalolo Saitaua
Kelepi Faukafa
Kyle Coghill
Lachlan Lee
Luke Bateman
Mathew Lyons
Matiu Love-Henry
Max Elliott
Max Plath
Nofoasa Malutoa
Ryan O’Keefe
Sam Scarlett
Sione Hopoate
Tom Farr
Tristan Hope
Sebastian Winters-Chang

11.15am: Harvey Norman Under 19 girls – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
12.50pm: Cyril Connell Challenge – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
2.15pm: Auswide Bank Mal Meninga Cup – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Norths Devils
4pm: NRL trial match – Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Brisbane Broncos

STREAMING ON SEAGULLS TV (not on Fox/Kayo):

ALSO STREAMING ON FACEBOOK:

These preseason games will be broadcast on Fox/Kayo. In QLD time:

Feb 12, 7.10pm: NRL All Stars (also on Channel 9)
Feb 19, 7pm: Broncos v Titans
Feb 26, 8pm: Broncos v Cowboys

Other matches in AEDT. Subtract an hour for QLD:

6pm — Friday February 18: Roosters vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 18: Tigers vs Sea Eagles
4pm — Saturday February 19: Storm vs Warriors
6pm — Saturday February 19: Rabbitohs vs Cowboys
4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Attachments

• Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    Broncos-2022-Game-Web-Banner-720-x-180-px.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,654
I realy liked what i saw of psriera. For me he went from a "possible" to a "likely" for round 1.
He did everything right and looked dangerous every time.
I know it was just an early trial but i reckon he deserves a good shot at least in 3rd trial if not round 1.
I didnt see much of brenko lee and he is in the mix but if cobbo has one wing and periera/farnsworth the other, there are going to be 2 or 3 very good backs missing out on round 1.
I'd go
1. Niu
2. Cobbo
3 Staggs
4 Farnsworth
5 Periera
But it could as easily be
1. Niu
2 Cobbo
3 Staggs
4 Lee
5 Farnsworth

Isaako looked really dangerous and probably deseves another shot in the trials as possible in the backs.
Oates played centres which is strange but i guess that gives an indication of maybe having him as a utility back, on the bench at some stage. He definitely needs to show more than he has though because his indifferent form of last year probably means he misses out (atleast until he tears it up i q cup or injury forces something).
I think the more Selwyn can get the ball the better, so centre or fullback for me. But let's see how he and Herbie go in the trials. I have a hunch Herbie will have hardened his **** over the off season, and be up for the challenge.

How was the half’s defence I didn’t get to watch the game I think kevi will go with the beat defensive half this year
They were all decent, but wynumm manly didn't really ask many questions of them. They just kept dropping the ball.

Nicho was definitely levels above as a 7 than what I expected, his short kicking game was excellent. The lack of a 7 or kicking game was a worry that I had for the sharks, but Hynes looks equipped to take on that role for them.

I'm not sure you can put too much into Albert's performance though. He mostly played as a roving lock with some minutes put into dummy half as well. By the end it appeared that Laurie finally pulled Trindall and put Albert in the 6, but I think that came after he kicked the 40/20?

There was very little attack from the indigenous team and Albert looked like he was just there to shuffle it along. I can barely recall the fullback chiming into the backline, whether it was Kennedy, Hammer or Cobbo... the Maoris defended well on those edges and the rain wouldn't have helped to have an expansive game, but their attack was very subdued. They got Fifita into space early on, but then couldn't find any space from then on.

What was noticeable though was Albert's defence. He was absolutely ripping in when playing in the middle. He was all heart wherever he was playing and that drop after the 40/20 really hurt him, because he put a huge shot on Herbert straight of the ensuing scrum.

He also pulled off a great cut out ball on the last play of the game to get the ball actually moving along the backline.

I think if Laurie had pulled Trindall earlier and moved Albert into the 6 earlier the halves pairing of Nicho and Albert could've been a bit more fluent in attack, because Trindall wasn't doing much.
Yeah I think Hynes and Trindel both played fairly well but they were not playing in combination at all. Both completely doing their own things. Same with Kennedy who was good but disconnected from the rest of the spine.

I don't get the Gamble hate on here. Yes he was an organising half yesterday and yes the opposition was not great, but you can only play what is in front of you.

We needed an organising and dominant half bcos no one else could and would take that role, yet it shows he isn't what we need? When he was on he also looked the most likely in my eyes. We know he isn't classy, but the same things we liked last year were all there again yesterday. He's up in the opposition's face in attack and defence, he is great defensively, he's high energy, he's competitive, he keeps trying and persisting, he yells orders, he doesn't dwell on errors.
Is he right for Reynolds? Maybe not, but he at least deserves a fair crack. The other options are good but definitely not good enough to make him surrender his opportunity when he's done ZERO wrong

I don't get the Gamble hate on here. Yes he was an organising half yesterday and yes the opposition was not great, but you can only play what is in front of you.

We needed an organising and dominant half bcos no one else could and would take that role, yet it shows he isn't what we need? When he was on he also looked the most likely in my eyes. We know he isn't classy, but the same things we liked last year were all there again yesterday. He's up in the opposition's face in attack and defence, he is great defensively, he's high energy, he's competitive, he keeps trying and persisting, he yells orders, he doesn't dwell on errors.
Is he right for Reynolds? Maybe not, but he at least deserves a fair crack. The other options are good but definitely not good enough to make him surrender his opportunity when he's done ZERO wrong
Gamble is a legend. No hate from me at all. We were up by 40 in a trail against a q cup team and he was still getting in their faces when they made their 37th error of the match.

If he gets first crack I won’t be mad at all and I’m sure he’ll do a good job. I just don’t think he’s the long term answer.

Who is hating on Tyson? Not me. He was my player of 2021. The point I'm raising is while Tyson was the man to raise our wooden spoon dysfunctional pack of ratbags off the bottom of the table, he might not be the man to take us from middle of the table to the top. I can see him partnering Ezra if Adam is out.

There is only a few players that are certain for there spots in the backs and I hope Herbie isn't one of them. Herbie should have to earn his spot too and play the next trial. The only 3 I would definitely play is Nui at fb, Staggs at centre and Cobbo somewhere.

The way he finished the year and help lift this side, that's what I personally belive. Not saying it will happen just my opinion.

There is only a few players that are certain for there spots in the backs and I hope Herbie isn't one of them. Herbie should have to earn his spot too and play the next trial. The only 3 I would definitely play is Nui at fb, Staggs at centre and Cobbo somewhere.
The bloke who won Broncos Back of Year in 2021 isn’t a certainty, but the bloke who has serious question marks over his ability to play fullback is?

Who is hating on Tyson? Not me. He was my player of 2021. The point I'm raising is while Tyson was the man to raise our wooden spoon dysfunctional pack of ratbags off the bottom of the table, he might not be the man to take us from middle of the table to the top. I can see him partnering Ezra if Adam is out.
Hate was probably a strong word to use. Lack of love would be better suited maybe....

The way I see all this Gamble discourse is this:

People saying Gamble only played a reserve grade team but he produced. People saying he had it easy cause the platform was already laid is well off... The Broncos looked clueless til Walters actually came on.

Kelly didn't really get to show his skills as a 5/8 last night, mam had moments but again, same can be said about him, he played a reserve grade team. Did we all hear what was said about him before the trial? He was nervous and played to the occasion. So he's going to have to find a way to mentally stay tuned in week in week out at NRL level.

Gamble however has already shown he can do that and shown he can lift a struggling team off their ass

People saying Gamble only played a reserve grade team but he produced. People saying he had it easy cause the platform was already laid is well off... The Broncos looked clueless til Walters actually came on.

Kelly didn't really get to show his skills as a 5/8 last night, mam had moments but again, same can be said about him, he played a reserve grade team. Did we all hear what was said about him before the trial? He was nervous and played to the occasion. So he's going to have to find a way to mentally stay tuned in week in week out at NRL level.

Gamble however has already shown he can do that and shown he can lift a struggling team off their ass
I forgot to also mention in regards to Walters, he therefore by logic is also not in front of Gamble as he did his best work from 9. I thought he looked Smith like from 9.. really liked him there

That makes sense. I couldn't figure out where he was playing until some point where I could see he was definitely on the wing. I missed most of the first half. Kid has matured massively over the break. Still didn't get enough ball. Nicho Hynes is looking more and more like the one who got away. Dammit.

Albert is getting mixed reviews today. Other than the 40/20 how do you think he went?

I thought he was good, especially in defense. He had a non-clear role in attack and still made his mark, so that was impressive. He had some big moments but one clear howler. People are seemingly focusing on the one error and using that to justify the negative posts. It was a big error but the 40:20 moments before was one of several good plays. He was good.

I’m not sure I saw anyone say “Gamble only played a reserve grade team” or that “there was already a platform laid”. I definitely didn’t.

I think he played well but played to his ceiling which is fine. He probably is the front runner. Mam looked like a far better option than any of them but the question is more when than if.

I absolutely think Gamble is ahead of Walters because of Walters utility value. He was far better at 9 but did well at 6.

I don’t think any option is the wrong one tbh. Pros and cons for all - even TMM.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Muros
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Jason Simmons
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.