Bruno Cullen - lash out

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Ok so every thread here is turning into a "We hate Bruno" discussion. So vent away guys.

We are all guilty of entering this discussion.

Myself, i dont think his the full reason we have so little forwards. So many more things come into it.

No Bennet, A Cap, Other clubs being able to afford overs for a young forward.

I have always dislike Bruno. IMO he gets his mug on TV too much and also has done a pretty ordinary job over the last say 3 or 4 years.

I think he lived off of Shane Edward's good work for a few years there, now is really struggling. Don't like how he comments on football matters.

However, I'm sure most people are smart enough to realise that he isn't the sole decision maker when it comes to our recruitment and retention.

It appears to me that Cullen couldn’t stop paper blowing away with a room full of paperweights. I mean in the past 2 – 3 years we have lost every player that that has threatened to leave, Boyd, Kemp (ok he returned but we lost him first), Moon, Petreo, Tate, Taylor, Emment, Seymour, Bott, Tupou, Hannant, Ennis, Robinson, Clinton, Hunt, Stagg and Eastwood, who have I missed? Ok, some of these guys were wasted space, but they all played first grade and most of them juniors, but on my count that’s 17 players plus those that retired including Thorn and Carroll, maybe others. So my question is 1. Why such a high turn over and 2. Who have we retained and 3. Who is to blame?

Blame the salary cap, Blame Bennet for leaving first. Blame those players who wanted more then the club could afford. Blame the players who just wanted to try and make it outside their comfort zone.

We kept Lockyer,Thaiday,,Kenny,Parker

We got Izzy,Winterstein,Sims,Setu,Teo,

We are making Norman, Gillett, Glenn, Macca, Yow Yeh, Mcguire,

Taylor,Bott,Tupou,Emmet,Robinson,Moon - Nothing players at Brisbane

Seymour... Is he worth the time to any club?

Hannant - Money Talks Benny walks.

Tate - Didnt he wanna try something new and be closer to Price? (Fill me in on this one)

Hunt - He wanted to be the first to jump to AFL and if im correct thinking he was gonna staying is the reason players like Boyd left.

Eastwood - Was ment to be going to Super League to experience something new.

Petro,Ennnis,Clinton,Stagg -- Only guys i cant see a reason for them leaving outside of Bruno/Coach At time.

When Bennet left we lost the "It" about the club and its now harder to convince someone to come here. But im glad he left it was the right time for him.

If I remember correctly, Tate got the advice to move to NZ from Bennett. I remember reading something about him asking Bennett for advice about what to do, considering how much NZ was offering him and that Price (he brother in law) and his sister lived around there.

Alec said:
If I remember correctly, Tate got the advice to move to NZ from Bennett. I remember reading something about him asking Bennett for advice about what to do, considering how much NZ was offering him and that Price (he brother in law) and his sister lived around there.

+ he wanted to played right centre

Every player will have their excuses, valid or not. Yes we got Izzy, Winterstein, although Teo, Sims, Setu, Clinton and Marsh have not been regular first graders and questions should be raised upon 1. Their value to the club and 2. Their value for money. Bott, Tupou, Emmet, Robinson, Moon - Nothing players at Brisbane, true, although they would be pretty handy about now. Taylor, I'm not so sure on, time will tell. Although I did say some were wasted space, maybe you missed that. Money has always talked, plenlty of players in the past could have taken bigger offers to play elsewhere and didn't. thats all I'm saying.

Imo out of
Bott, Tupou, Emmet, Robinson, Moon - Nothing players at Brisbane, true, although they would be pretty handy about now.

Moon is the only one who would be any better then the young guys going at it now.

plenlty of players in the past could have taken bigger offers to play elsewhere and didn't. thats all I'm saying.
Refer to this

When Bennet left we lost the "It" about the club and its now harder to convince someone to come here. But im glad he left it was the right time for him.

2008 We knew Bennet was gone. So 09/10 players signed for the club knowing we would not have Bennet.

As someone also mentioned in another thread, When Benny went behind the clubs back and tried to sign with the roosters, players stopped being sure they would be coached by him the next year.

Benny is as much to blame as Bruno. If not maybe more.

draggx said:
Imo out of
Bott, Tupou, Emmet, Robinson, Moon - Nothing players at Brisbane, true, although they would be pretty handy about now.

Moon is the only one who would be any better then the young guys going at it now.

[quote:2apr2yrl]plenlty of players in the past could have taken bigger offers to play elsewhere and didn't. thats all I'm saying.
Refer to this

2008 We knew Bennet was gone. So 09/10 players signed for the club knowing we would not have Bennet.

As someone also mentioned in another thread, When Benny went behind the clubs back and tried to sign with the roosters, players stopped being sure they would be coached by him the next year.

Benny is as much to blame as Bruno. If not maybe more.[/quote:2apr2yrl]

As Dodgy as the deal was - this was specifically why WB did NOT want it to be released AT ALL COSTS or the deal was off.

Bruno must be doing something right given how the crowds and memberships have risen each of the past few years. I'm sure this support is as important a KPI for him as the Broncos' on-field success.

I don't know how people like Bruno are somehow expected to continue shielding our club completely from the same realities faced by others in the competition. He's doing an admirable job keeping us profitable, but we can't do much about the on-field results in the current climate. Plenty of teams, all with $4 million to spend...

I do not readily rise to the role of Bruno defender, but the reality is he and the recruiting staff have had to deal with a market place where competitors like the Bulldogs, Souths, Cowboys, Warriors have aggressively sought out new personnel and in some cases were prepared to pay overs to do it.

Plus I think there was a factor about players wanting to come to the club to be coached by WB which Ivan does not have (at this stage). We would have been somewhat able to replace that if we had of signed Bellamy.

We have lost alot of players imo due to WB leaving. The Storm have been in the last 3 gf's and they havent really lost that many players to the salary cap. Simply because Bellamy has stayed i feel they have players rejecting offers to stay a tight nit group. Like the Broncs use to be back in the day.

The rot starts at the top!

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mister Wright
  • Matheos
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • BooKhaki
  • Brotherdu
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.