Cameron Smith to retire from Rep Footy - Immediately

Walking away this close to Origin, already missing our halves, is the actions of a man that doesn't give a **** about the team

And to be fair to Smith, that's not how I would describe him

Is there more to this than meets the eye?

Origin is taking too much of a toll on his body, apparently. That's the excused being used.

I just think it's because QLD has no chance of winning this year. Better to jump ship now.

You've seen how he acts on the field? How dirty he is? He's a team man, so long as that team wears purple. **** the rest. I mean, this is a guy who has no issues in tearing someone's groin, bending an arm backwards, crusher tackles etc. What gave you the idea that outside of being a QLD Legend, this is a good person? He's always been a ****.

We only need to look at Origin 1 last year. Smith deliberately dogged the game so that he could get Slater and Munster in to the side.

Gets the shits with the NRL for being suspended for his tackle on Proctor.

This is exactly what I thought. Remember, "most influential person in Rugby League". He's got his back up that he's finally being made to answer for his career of dog acts, so he's going out on his own terms like a kid taking his football and going home.

Wait for the spin about how the Storm need him more than ever now that Cronk has moved on.

Yep , for all he has acheived for Qld this is a **** act to do it this close to origin.

I also think that the suspension was a part of it

What a weak piss of shit. Why wait until this close to the series. Just one more reason to hate the fucking ****.

For some reason all of the swear words are coming up like this ****. Seems relevant considering the topic

Maybe his missus wanted to keep him away from the Fox footy team....

Unpopular opinon: He's retiring because he knows he's cooked and is playing shit for the Storm and doesn't want to let the jersey / state down.

You guys are being pretty fucking harsh ay.

Will Cronk or Thurston make a comeback if Kevvie pleads with them ? Y

Origin is taking too much of a toll on his body, apparently. That's the excused being used.

I just think it's because QLD has no chance of winning this year. Better to jump ship now.

Wouldn't he have known that at the end of last years series if that was the case? He waited til a few weeks before this years series to decide that the toll on his body is too great?

Surely Slater won't, I forgot about him. He'd be the captain then surely.

Lets hope not. He's never been a captain in his life, and he's on the wrong side of his career. He's also a shit ****.

Oh shit, the goal kicking, I forgot about the goal kicking.

No JT or Smith, who the **** else can kick for QLD?

Oh shit, the goal kicking, I forgot about the goal kicking.

No JT or Smith, who the **** else can kick for QLD?

If we pick Holmes, I imagine he will be the goal kicker. There is also Hunt.

Not great options, but seems like the only options.

If we pick Holmes, I imagine he will be the goal kicker. There is also Hunt.

Not great options, but seems like the only options.

0ffe54ef4bea784ce0afb6bd4d202c4d

I have a lot respect for Cam as a player, but i actually think its a bit of a dog move to just finish this close to Origin. Its left us in the lurch a bit. If he decided to give it away after last year like Cronk then fair enough.

As somebody else said, we are fucked! We have lost our halves and our hooker. You just cant replace players of their calibre with what we have left to choose from. I'd actually say this will pretty much mean Boyd stays in just for experience.

Smith has earnt the right to decide when to retire from rep footy. Bloke has given everything for QLD and Australia for a long time. He is slowing down and made the call because he didnt want to let anyone down in the heat of battle.

If anything, its gonna really fire up Macca for the Broncos knowing that QLD 9 jumper is very much vacant and very much up for grabs.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Tim K
  • Nerd
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.