Cameron Smith to retire from Rep Footy - Immediately

I'm kinda glad he is stepping down, time for the next batch of players to do us proud (hopefully)

Thanks for everything Cameron :wave:

Maybe behind close doors Bellamy has told the storm playing group he is heading back to Brisbane and Cam wants to send him out a winner by focusing solely on rep footy.

One can only hope........

Is this his way of sooking it up about actually getting suspended for something? I think so.

Thanks for the dynasty, Cam. You're still a cancerous prick at NRL level.

What a fucking ****. **** him, if that's how you treat the jersey you say you wear with pride, you can go **** yourself. Cares about himself, nothing else. Lied to us all these years. Hope Billy ***** off too, and I hope that reminds all these QLD footy fans that we are meant to fucking despise that **** of a club.

Fucking yes.

The things that club has done to the Broncos over the years, I don't get how any Broncos fan can like these guys.

Unpopular opinon: He's retiring because he knows he's cooked and is playing shit for the Storm and doesn't want to let the jersey / state down.

You guys are being pretty fucking harsh ay.

Unpopular opinion two: It is because the Storm are not going as well as they expected and they think him being away during the Origin series may kill their season.

Unpopular theory: He may well have given Walters the heads up that this might occur and that was part of the reason for Walters bailing on us.

We're fucked.

Yep

I guess that means we'll be without Macca through Origin? It has to be him right? Friend and Granville are playing woefully.

Yep....we're fucked.

What a fucking ****. **** him, if that's how you treat the jersey you say you wear with pride, you can go **** yourself. Cares about himself, nothing else. Lied to us all these years. Hope Billy ***** off too, and I hope that reminds all these QLD footy fans that we are meant to fucking despise that **** of a club.

No....**** you

kind sir

Cameron Smith doesn't owe anybody anything, least of all QLD.

Munster can goal kick, not sure if anyone else can though lol. GI possibly? Milf (if he's picked)?

I would pick and start Papa at 13, he's been really good for the Raiders since moving there and has rep experience. Strengthens our middle by having McGuire and Scott up front and not having to lock in Napa who has been pretty shit this season outside of like 1-2 games. No way in hell would I have Cooper there on form and he's pretty much JT's minion in that he's trash without him. My backrow would be: 11. Hess, 12. Kaufusi, 13. Papa.

+1 for Papalii at 13. He's been pretty damn good recently. Almost like a mini Taumalolo. I also agree with Kaufusi in the backrow but I'm not sure about Hess.

At this stage I would go with...

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Scott (C)
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Papalii

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Arrow (I was against his selection before but injuries mean he needs to strap his boots on considering his form)
17. Glasby / Welch

We're in deep shit at this stage. As it stands we need the current crop to take a leaf out of the book of the old breed. The blokes who were always up against it and still got results.

We are the underdog once again. But that's how our spirit was born.

+1 for Papalii at 13. He's been pretty damn good recently. Almost like a mini Taumalolo. I also agree with Kaufusi in the backrow but I'm not sure about Hess.

At this stage I would go with...

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Scott (C)
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Papalii

14. Morgan
15. Napa
16. Arrow (I was against his selection before but injuries mean he needs to strap his boots on considering his form)
17. Glasby / Welch

We're in deep shit at this stage. As it stands we need the current crop to take a leaf out of the book of the old breed. The blokes who were always up against it and still got results.

We are the underdog once again. But that's how our spirit was born.

McGuire won't miss Origin even if he's only 75%, I'm relatively confident.

I'm on board with the S.O.S to Thurston for 1 last year. That would enable us to have a captain, goal kicker and good Halfback for this years origin, and HOPEFULLY by next year there's a clearer picture on the route we should take, need guys like Morgan, Taylor & Ponga to continue to improve their games. I still think Taylor is the future 7 for us, but he needs to be more consistently involved in games for the Tits, a year away.

With that being said, he's still been statistically comparable to Hunt this year, who everyone is ready to anoint the QLD Halfback for the next 5 years.

Taylor - 9 games, 1 try, 9 try assists, 2 line-breaks, 6 line-break assists, 6 forced drop-outs, 16.3 tackles per game @ 80% efficiency
Hunt - 10 games, 3 tries, 8 try assists, 3 line-breaks, 7 line-break assists, 5 forced drop-outs, 17.0 tackles per game @ 77% efficiency

So he knew last year that he couldn’t do it again but waited until 3 weeks out to drop that bit of knowledge?

If he'd made his mind up last year, everyone would have been jumping on him saying he should wait and see how he feels this year. It seems no matter when or how he announced this decision, people were gonna whinge about it.

It is a shame he's not gonna be there this year, especially given Cronk and Thurtson won't be either. Personally I reckon we're gonna be a bit fucked now. It would have been nice if they could have staggered their retirements a littlem but if they aren't feeling like they can give their best, then good on them for making the early call.

I'm glad I've been around to see this QLD team of the past 12-13 seasons absolutely give it to the Blues.

If he'd made his mind up last year, everyone would have been jumping on him saying he should wait and see how he feels this year. It seems no matter when or how he announced this decision, people were gonna whinge about it.

It is a shame he's not gonna be there this year, especially given Cronk and Thurtson won't be either. Personally I reckon we're gonna be a bit fucked now. It would have been nice if they could have staggered their retirements a littlem but if they aren't feeling like they can give their best, then good on them for making the early call.

I'm glad I've been around to see this QLD team of the past 12-13 seasons absolutely give it to the Blues.

Agree completely. In the euphoria of a tight series win last year as well as the world cup he probably did convince himself to go around another year. Then the reality of another long season sets in and with the amount of work he gets through every game it's hardly surprising it's come to an end.

The comments in this thread are downright bizarre. He's played 42 games FFS!

RL fans truly do have the memory of gold fish.

I completely disagree with this, why would anyone whinge about that? Why would anyone be upset that he gave the team as much time as possible to find a replacement? Did anyone whinge when Cronk did the same thing? Thurston? No, they didn't.

I can only speak for myself but it would have been one of the few things I would have respected Smith for had he done it.

Agree completely. In the euphoria of a tight series win last year as well as the world cup he probably did convince himself to go around another year. Then the reality of another long season sets in and with the amount of work he gets through every game it's hardly surprising it's come to an end.

The comments in this thread are downright bizarre. He's played 42 games FFS!

RL fans truly do have the memory of gold fish.

No. No one is disrespecting what he has given. But to come out and say he knew last year he couldn't go around again only to drop this info 3 weeks out is shit, and I'm calling it for what it is. You can do whatever you want.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Foordy
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Manofoneway
  • ivanhungryjak
  • mystico
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.