OFFICIAL Carrigan signs until 2028

Champion lock forward Pat Carrigan will be a Bronco until at least the end of the 2028 season. The Wally Lewis Medal winner for Queensland's player of the series in last year's Origin triumph was already signed with the Broncos to the end 2024 - and he has now committed to a four-year extension in a huge show of faith in the club.

The 25-year-old's stellar form last season also saw him make his Kangaroos debut and go on to win the World Cup in England, his 2022 heroics all the more remarkable considering he was returning from a knee reconstruction that required a gruelling nine-month rehabilitation. During his breakout 2022 season, Carrigan averaged a huge 150 running metres (61 of those post-contact) and 32 tackles per game, as well as 21 tackle breaks and 19 offloads. A key member of Brisbane's Leadership Group and graduate of the Broncos Academy, Carrigan joins a host of teammates to commit to the club long-term.

Kev Walters:

"This is a great day for the Broncos because Pat embodies what we are about as a club and he is at the heart of what we are building here together. He has grown as a player through our club's Academy system, going on to captain our NYC team before graduating to the NRL squad and building into the player that he is today - and the impressive thing is that all he wants to do is continue to improve. We were all incredibly proud of what Pat achieved last year because we all saw how hard he worked to come back from serious injury, it was an inspiration to all of us here at the Broncos. He is a key part of everything we do and to have him commit to the Broncos for another four years is really special - I'm really excited for what lies ahead for both Pat and for everyone at our club.”​

Carrigan:

"I love this club and I could never imagine leaving - we are building something special here together and I wanted to make a long-term commitment to be a part of that. A lot of us guys have been through the tough times together and now we are starting to show signs of what we can do if we work hard and work for each other. I'm here for the long haul and I'm excited about what we can achieve together over the years ahead.”​

The 2 things I noticed….

the bloke sitting in the front row didn’t look all that happy for him. Who is that? Maybe he is still waiting for his contract.

The bullet points on the whiteboard. Had to rewind to catch them properly.

1. Effort
2. Aggression
3. Cool head.

thinking this is for Payne haas’s benefit as he seems the stupidest of our forwards. Hopefully the other blokes on our roster get given more complicated instructions than this.

Champion lock forward Pat Carrigan will be a Bronco until at least the end of the 2028 season. The Wally Lewis Medal winner for Queensland's player of the series in last year's Origin triumph was already signed with the Broncos to the end 2024 - and he has now committed to a four-year extension in a huge show of faith in the club.

The 25-year-old's stellar form last season also saw him make his Kangaroos debut and go on to win the World Cup in England, his 2022 heroics all the more remarkable considering he was returning from a knee reconstruction that required a gruelling nine-month rehabilitation. During his breakout 2022 season, Carrigan averaged a huge 150 running metres (61 of those post-contact) and 32 tackles per game, as well as 21 tackle breaks and 19 offloads. A key member of Brisbane's Leadership Group and graduate of the Broncos Academy, Carrigan joins a host of teammates to commit to the club long-term.

Kev Walters:

"This is a great day for the Broncos because Pat embodies what we are about as a club and he is at the heart of what we are building here together. He has grown as a player through our club's Academy system, going on to captain our NYC team before graduating to the NRL squad and building into the player that he is today - and the impressive thing is that all he wants to do is continue to improve. We were all incredibly proud of what Pat achieved last year because we all saw how hard he worked to come back from serious injury, it was an inspiration to all of us here at the Broncos. He is a key part of everything we do and to have him commit to the Broncos for another four years is really special - I'm really excited for what lies ahead for both Pat and for everyone at our club.”​

Carrigan:

"I love this club and I could never imagine leaving - we are building something special here together and I wanted to make a long-term commitment to be a part of that. A lot of us guys have been through the tough times together and now we are starting to show signs of what we can do if we work hard and work for each other. I'm here for the long haul and I'm excited about what we can achieve together over the years ahead.”​

The 2 things I noticed….

the bloke sitting in the front row didn’t look all that happy for him. Who is that? Maybe he is still waiting for his contract.

The bullet points on the whiteboard. Had to rewind to catch them properly.

1. Effort
2. Aggression
3. Cool head.

thinking this is for Payne haas’s benefit as he seems the stupidest of our forwards. Hopefully the other blokes on our roster get given more complicated instructions than this.
Piakura I think

Note to Mam, Mozer, Mariner, Walsh, Cobbo and anyone wishing to take part in our upcoming MULTIPLE Premierships. This is what Captain Carrigan said:

"I want to win a comp in a Broncos jersey. It's all I dreamed about, I was a seven-year-old kid in 2006 when they won and I want to inspire the next generation of kids to put on the jersey too.

No other city, no other team or no other boys I'd rather play with.
Patrick Carrigan
"I am here for the long run... I am really excited for what the club has got in store."

Piakura I think
It was Piakura, he is still waiting on a contract. The Broncos are paying him as a thoroughbred stallion, only to perform as an injured donkey in return. No contract extension at the Broncos, just an $950K per year for 4 years from the Dolphins.

Sometimes I start to question myself when I get so much pushback about saying Walters is average and then I remember who I’m talking to
He’s also an Anthony Milford fan fwiw. I say we get him!

Fucking lost it 🤣🤣🤣!! Own up to it fucker, we all make mistakes bro
I think you''ll find kind sir......if you were to bother reading the entire thread
that I've already deeply apologised for my grave error in judgement,
although at the time
some of my comments were fair game

I note @Nashy "liked" several of my comments......

If our supreme overlord liked it....well
thats good enough for me. 😉

I think you''ll find kind sir......if you were to bother reading the entire thread
although at the time

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

although at the time

They were fair game lol. He had a shocker some games in 2021. After a major injury nobody knew he would come back as good as he is now.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • lynx000
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.