Cat of the Week - Contains Spoilers

Gallen must have compromising photos of the panel members.

Bull****. He put his foot down in a stomping action. Should've been charged for sure.

Absolute joke. It was obviously intentional. The judiciary is a joke!

I bet if Gallen was wearing a Red and Green jersey they would have found a few weeks in that, how many times has he been let off now?

On the Dugan one, I didn't think he had anything to worry about. The attention only really got drawn to the "stomp" after Hilder started pouring out blood.

Absolute joke of a decision re Gallen, I can't see how much guiltier you can be.
Duggan never had a case to answer, he would have cleared Hilder if Hilder hadn't accidentally grabbed his foot.

Maybe I saw the Dugan one differently. To me he didn't just clip Hilder's head on the way down, he actually stamped his foot down like he was killing a spider. Oh well not to worry, Gallen's is still a disgrace that he got off.

I'd give Dugan the benefit of the doubt. From the looks of it, he purposely went off the mark to avoid Hilder and as soon as made contact he seemed pretty surprised about it all.

Gallen on the other hand was a disgrace and another BS performance by the judiciary.

Waltzing himself said that he didn't think Dugan meant it.

Dugan wasn't even charged, he was merely put on report, and it's fair enough imo, it looked nothing more than accidental to me.

Gallen on the other hand was charged and... acquitted! Just WOW! :jawdrop:

Seriously, this Judiciary panel... :witchhunt:

Must be nice to be the NSW captain and protected species.

So Gallen's defence was that Dugan didn't get charged, so he shouldn't either. Fair dinkum? Dugan's was so different that it wasn't funny. Dugan had no idea where Hilder's head would be, he wasn't looking down, he just tried playing the ball. Gallen on the other hand, CLEARLY looked back and kicked him.

Look, I'm not saying Gallen should get weeks for it. It's really not that bad, it was grubby and stupid but I don't think it deserved a big grading. HOWEVER, he IS guilty, the fact that he was not charged at all and was not found guilty, is absolutely disgraceful.
I say it was worth enough weeks for him to be rubbed out for the rest of this comp.
No one will convince me that wasn't on purpose, and no one can convince me that a donkey kick to the head (regardless of him missing) isn't worth a much higher grade charge.
They took Taylor out for 5 (FIVE) weeks for a clearly accidental tackle, then came with the excuse that they made a mistake with Uate's decision, and Taylor's was the right one.
Now this sh!t happens? Mal is so right! :ranting:

BillySlater got 10 weeks a few years ago for kicking. Not saying he didn't deserve to get suspended, but surely Gallen's is worth at least SOMETHING.

I say it was worth enough weeks for him to be rubbed out for the rest of this comp.
No one will convince me that wasn't on purpose, and no one can convince me that a donkey kick to the head (regardless of him missing) isn't worth a much higher grade charge.
They took Taylor out for 5 (FIVE) weeks for a clearly accidental tackle, then came with the excuse that they made a mistake with Uate's decision, and Taylor's was the right one.
Now this sh!t happens? Mal is so right! :ranting:

If Taylor's was the right one, then how did they only give Frank Paul 2 weeks for this tackle (video here) which is very similar to Taylor's. The only difference IMO is the drive of Taylor helps put the Broncos player into a dangerous position, because Taylor follows him to the ground. I admit it was bad and deserved 2 weeks not 5.

They also rubbed out Eddy Pettybourne for 3 matches for this tackle (video here) almost the same as the other two and more like FPN's one but had the same leg drive of Taylor's so ended with him rolling over the player.

Nathan Merritt received 1 weeks for leading with the legs to stop a try against Parra in 2009 - (Video here) (1.05 min in). As you can see he didn't get close to touching him or the ball. I also can't recall another player being charged again for the same offence, I remember Slater doing the same thing in a match last year or might have been this year and nothing happened after the match as the team had a chance for an 8 point try.

I remember Greg Bird kneeing Shane Marteene in the head in 2004 and getting 10 weeks. Gallen probably doesn't deserve that much, but a week to set an example. Basically they are saying you can actually kick someone and get away with it, depending on who you are.

Sick of the bias bs.
/rant

Does anyone know where to find a list of who has been charged so far this year and what they received and whether they faught the charge and won or lost. The NRL only keeps the Judiciary page updated for the current week. I have been unable to find a backdated list. I wanted to compare the charges and see if I am not just being bias to my own team (which I know I am). Also so I can try and figure out how they can grade very similar, almost identical tackles with two different grades but also miss or let off so many as well.

Last edited:
Still don't have an issue with Taylor's 5weeks. Gallen with his history as well surely should be sitting out the season now as well.

WARNING: Conspiracy Theory Alert

I wonder if this has anything to do with denying Thurston the Dally M. He was leading it easily before his injury but Gallen would have been catching him at a fast rate lately. Surely the NSW powers that be can't let a QLD'er who only played half a season steal the Dally M from them.

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Ondi
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • RolledOates
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Fatboy
  • Big Del
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.