Cat of the Week - Contains Spoilers

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Still having headaches from the concussion, pretty sure the club Dr ruled him out.

I applaud Souths for putting player welfare first. But seriously, what brain damage could possibly occur to Inglis?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Planes dont fly in rain hurr durr oh look a meat pie nom nom nom

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The replay is even more damning it was a massive dive. The initial contact drew NO reaction and two seconds later he knows he can draw a penalty so he starts going limp and then just straight out dives. It's a joke, and I'm not sure who's worse, the player, or the game that attracts that sort of play.

The delayed unconsciousness was so facking bad.

Rusty must be teaching them how to act. (but really badly)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
That's up there with the Ben Kennedy dive of 2005 Origin that. And like BP said, I can't understand how the video ref could deem that a reportable offence. He didn't swing his arm, basically just slapped him which was accidental more than anything. Made me nearly wanna jump through the TV and put the elbow into Isaac Luke's face to show up what a knock to the head really is.

I should be happy because it's good for the Broncos, but in all reality I don't think we are in a battle for 3rd anymore, we want 2nd.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Lukes dive is as bad as it gets but it is a grey area between footy and professionalism. Every Souths official would have secretly applauded him while publicly they will say stuff like, if you knew Isaac you'd know he wouldn't blah blah blah.

This problem has been coming for a while and with any unwritten code there will always be times when it gets tested and people who can't resist the temptation.
The NRL will have to jump on this or we will have a situation where a final or GF is decided by a dive which would be a little embarrassing .

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
It's easy you leave it to the match review committee. If the 4 on field officials miss it then so be it

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
What about Slater last night coming out of his own goal. Took on step out and jumped flat on the ground at another players feet. The player just looked at him for a sec then lay on him to complete the tackle. Not a dive of sorts but similar of sorts. And the refs did nothing.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
This problem has been coming for a while and with any unwritten code there will always be times when it gets tested and people who can't resist the temptation.
The NRL will have to jump on this or we will have a situation where a final or GF is decided by a dive which would be a little embarrassing .

Maybe that's where the differential penalty can come into play? I reckon it's the most under-used rule in the game. I'd also use it for stripping penalties because they are often ones that the referees can get wrong.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
What about Slater last night coming out of his own goal. Took on step out and jumped flat on the ground at anothpler players feet. The player just looked at him for a sec then lay on him to complete the tackle. Not a dive of sorts but similar of sorts. And the refs did nothing.

The player shouldn't have put a hand on him, as that would have been a voluntary tackle & Slater would have been penalised.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I agree Aeettee, the voluntary tackle rule may as well not be there, even the last play of that game when Smith picked up the ball from D half and backed over the sideline should be deemed voluntary.

Jeba that's a great idea and that in itself may stop a few of the dives and at the least won't cost a team directly.

Last edited:
schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Even Luke's mum is giving him **** about the dive:

...on the drive home it was mother Sharron who cut the deepest. "Yeah she said, 'I didn't know you were Russell Crowe's nephew,'"

:lol:

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Isaac Luke. Been to the Michael Ennis/Jarryd Hayne school of diving. You filthy cat.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Steve Matai, blatant trip on Stagg. I thought tripping was instant dismissal but he gets away with it and no case to answer after the game either. How does this bloke stay in the game?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The four or five Manly players who laid into Blair while he was defenceless on the ground.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Fozz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • broncs30
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.