Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the players perceiving Kevvie as 'a nice guy' is actually the problem, sure he is liked, but is he really respected by the players? I think not.

From the way he is treated by the club you sort of even get the impression that he isn't even respected by Ikin, DD or the board. He is just perceived as the joker, fun guy who yells and tries to be tough before the game and talks about his 'feelings being hurt' when a player talks about him. FMD.

Are Bellamy, Bennett, Robinson and Payton nice guys?

Take this with a massive grain of salt but I heard a little rumour yesterday from a guy that supposedly knows a few people at the Tigers and he reckons a possible Cobbo/Ken Maumalo swap may be on the cards.
rick james cocaine GIF

It's kind of a softball question. What do you think of the coach?

I understand the guys aren't as smart as your average 20 year old perhaps... but don't they get media training these days?

Also it's a softball issue for Kevvie as well I would have thought, good chance for him to show his leadership. Mention that he has talked to the young Cobbo in private and everybody is accountable at the club.. including the players and the coach and they are all committed to returning the club to a position of competing for premierships every season.

The Broncs have obviously had culture and entitlement issues at the club over previous seasons, don't see a lot in this potentially..

I mean Kevvie not being a good coach, can't say I'm surprised that would be the case, but I think good management and teams make that go away mostly, even Pies coached teams made the semis a couple of years in a row after all. The role of Ikin could be more important, making sure that the coaching support staff are on point, recruit quality people that fill all the holes that Kev leaves.

To be fair he was asked directly to comment on it.

I guess he could have just said none of my business and next question but he didn't say anything especially controversial imo
Except put himself in the line of fire for hypocrisy should any tigers player **** up this year.

He's given the journos a quote now... "No comment has been received from the Tigers Chairman in regards to player X; however they have previously established their stance in January this year when commenting on the Cobbo situation after saying XXXX"

We should be hiring Des as an assistant coach, with a clear option to take over when needed.
Our club will never sign a coach who has a my way or the highway approach, he would probably do good things but I can't see it ever happening.

Except put himself in the line of fire for hypocrisy should any tigers player **** up this year.

He's given the journos a quote now... "No comment has been received from the Tigers Chairman in regards to player X; however they have previously established their stance in January this year when commenting on the Cobbo situation after saying XXXX"
Not really. He said it was a breach he didn’t make any comments as far as I know regarding the consequences

If the Tigers chairman has commented on this, it would be because he is on his knees praying that we sack Cobbo ... so he cab pounce
Yup, it definitely sounds like he’s pleading for it. Also, it would’ve been the case had we still had the imbecile bozo in White. Thankfully, he’s out of the door and we’re in capable hands.

Our club will never sign a coach who has a my way or the highway approach, he would probably do good things but I can't see it ever happening.

I reckon that was Bennett to a tee.

Jeez septics talk some drivel at times. This guy is in the running for prize clown. Especially when; irony of ironies he tries to explain cognitive dissonance.
Forget about cognitive dissonance. See Prince Harry for a textbook case of that. Spot on, regarding starting bait questions with "So," though. 9/10 it's a disingenuous paraphrasing. Scott Adams does okay for himself. You'd trade places with him.

I think Coach Walters see’s out the year.

Any mid season sacking would be disastrous (regardless of where we are on the ladder). He’d need to be running outright 1st in order to go to the table asking for another extension.

TBF he’s done what he needed to do in the 3 years he will have had. Will be time to hand it over to a more qualified coach and for him to either accept he’s a perfectly good assistant coach or go back to being a media shill for Fox.

Any mid season sacking would be disastrous (regardless of where we are on the ladder). He’d need to be running outright 1st in order to go to the table asking for another extension.

TBF he’s done what he needed to do in the 3 years he will have had. Will be time to hand it over to a more qualified coach and for him to either accept he’s a perfectly good assistant coach or go back to being a media shill for Fox.

Of course it all depends how he does this year, he has an opportunity to forge a career as the head coach of the club he loves.

Many think he is the transitional coach to restore culture and get players into good habits but he still has an opportunity there with a pretty good roster, it all depends what happens this year.

What exactly has he done? Been a hatchet man (thankfully) with enough good will to not be rammed from the media and old boys for forcing out so many players. Don’t need 3 years to do that

And look what happened, I doubt the news corp stooge chairman will want another one.

He got us to a Grand Final, he would gleefully accept that again. You would hope, anyway.

What exactly has he done? Been a hatchet man (thankfully) with enough good will to not be rammed from the media and old boys for forcing out so many players. Don’t need 3 years to do that
He's reinforced the generational divide at the club. The youngsters don't really care that much for yesterdays heroes. They won premierships before these guys were born. Game has moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.