Cobbo: “I think he’s a nice guy but not a good coach”

How long does Kebbie have to prove he's more than just a good friend?

• It's over now

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • The trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First 6 weeks

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Week 13

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • When it's clear we're not making the finals

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • His contract review

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • As long as he needs to rebuild the club

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geoff Toovey an option? At least he'll blow up in a press conference every now and then, rather than just wiping down the table and saying 'certainly' too many times.
Paging @Kyall (what happened to this bloke?)

He suggested Toovey a few years ago and even @Smokin' Joe ridiculed his suggestion.

all of that probably had to happen for us to land Reynolds.

but I'd argue that If Kev didn't fly down to meet ARey and his family, the whole thing would have fallen over, given the bigger offer from the Sharks; and the fact that they had the next best thing coming in to coach the team ... a coach who had already meet ARey to sell him his vision of the Sharks future.

people will paint this any way they like depending on the side of the argument they fall on. It should remembered that at the time we signed Arey and Capewell, we had a CEO who barely had his feet under the desk and an unpopular recruitment/football manager on the verge of getting shit canned. so both of those signings in particular would have taken a big effort on the part of the coach (who hadn't been at the club too long himself)
I guess we’ll never know what really happened, if only the player themselves had spoken publicly about it on numerous occasions

I guess we’ll never know what really happened, if only the player themselves had spoken publicly about it on numerous occasions

unfortunately you tune out and only hear the half of the story you want to hear

unfortunately you tune out and only hear the half of the story you want to hear
The post you quoted includes the full story so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Regardless, it’s not a slight on Kev at all. At least Reynolds didn’t bail because planes don’t fly when it’s raining.

The post you quoted includes the full story so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Regardless, it’s not a slight on Kev at all. At least Reynolds didn’t bail because planes don’t fly when it’s raining.
Ooh I remember that. And then everyone was like lol who cares he has a fucked hip anyway so it was a good thing we missed out on him.

And then he carved for souths.

Geoff Toovey an option? At least he'll blow up in a press conference every now and then, rather than just wiping down the table and saying 'certainly' too many times.
YKTR podcast when talking about Cobbos comments Justin Horo pretty much said Tooveys a good bloke but not a good coach..

We've all got our opinions and there's nothing like a bit of confirmation bias but let's be realistic here. Adam wouldn't be at the club if Kev sent one of his henchmen. So for that, Walters deserves a bit of credit.

We've all got our opinions and there's nothing like a bit of confirmation bias but let's be realistic here. Adam wouldn't be at the club if Kev sent one of his henchmen. So for that, Walters deserves a bit of credit.
You may be right but that is purely hypothetical speculation. All we do know is that Kev did go and Adam is at the club so yes, I agree he does deserve credit.

You may be right but that is purely hypothetical speculation. All we do know is that Kev did go and Adam is at the club so yes, I agree he does deserve credit.

It was reported that when Cronulla met with him, it wasn't the coach of Cronulla who met with him, apparently they sent their football manager.

It was reported that when Cronulla met with him, it wasn't the coach of Cronulla who met with him, apparently they sent their football manager.
I would be more than happy for our current football manager to get involved in such things.

I would be more than happy for our current football manager to get involved in such things.

the coach being involved still trumps a football manager doing it

YKTR podcast when talking about Cobbos comments Justin Horo pretty much said Tooveys a good bloke but not a good coach..
...there's gotta be an investigation.

the coach being involved still trumps a football manager doing it
Depends. In some cases no doubt. CEO sometimes as well. Chairman at times trumps all - think Nick Politis.
Not making any reference to Adam, simply saying I would be happy if Ben Ikin was involved in such things.

Depends. In some cases no doubt. CEO sometimes as well. Chairman at times trumps all - think Nick Politis.
Not making any reference to Adam, simply saying I would be happy if Ben Ikin was involved in such things.
yeah it should be a team effort, do as much as you can to get a player you want.

There's a bit of Manly about the Broncos, whether or not we want to admit it.

Every other club's set of fans hates us. They get more joy seeing us get belted than they do seeing their own team win. Des loves that sort of environment I feel, he was great for Manly before he set off to the Doggies.
Thats because most of the comp is in NSW and all the other QLD clubs have chips on their shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Rambstien
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Xzei
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.