Corey Oates - What to do?

Perfect back up option IMO

It's good, we will need him during origin periods, covering niggling injuries, etc.

Knock on wood, but he will also be a great backup option if one of our outside backs goes down with a lengthy injury.
(IMO, at a minimum we need walsh/staggs/cobbo in the GF... maybe we get away with -1, but not without Walshy)

Every single player has got something to prove, not just Oatsey.

We can’t rest in our laurels. We need to prove 23 wasn’t a one off season and that we’re genuine long term contenders.

a fully fit and raring to go Oates can still be a major influence on our campaign. I’m backing him to do it.

It was only a 15ish minute stint but Corey was great off the bench. He was constantly in motion, running with intent and hungry for work.

Needs to keep a bench spot. Gives us a great cover for outside back injury and 2nd row. Has the potential to be a real impact player off the bench.

He’s also looking super fit. You forget how big he really is

It was only a 15ish minute stint but Corey was great off the bench. He was constantly in motion, running with intent and hungry for work.

Needs to keep a bench spot. Gives us a great cover for outside back injury and 2nd row. Has the potential to be a real impact player off the bench.

He’s also looking super fit. You forget how big he really is
Whilst I’m nowhere near as critical as I was last week, the concern was never going to be attack. He hast to face the music in defence which he hasn’t done at all yet. Not that I have great concerns about it but would also have to prove he is capable both sides of the ball through the middle imo.

Whilst I’m nowhere near as critical as I was last week, the concern was never going to be attack. He hast to face the music in defence which he hasn’t done at all yet. Not that I have great concerns about it but would also have to prove he is capable both sides of the ball through the middle imo.
Yeah without a doubt. He couldn’t have had an easier situation to come on in. Game was over and we had all attack. I think he made 1 tackle.

If he can handle the defensive side, he's on the bench for the rest of the season.

He's shown he can run a good line and he's a very handy option to have coming on against tiring forwards and flying onto a Reyno/Mam short ball or grubber in behind the line.

What's unknown is whether he can handle the role defensively. If it was easy making the transition to the backrow, he wouldn't have failed the first time.

I hope Kevvie has him working overtime on that.

The problem with Oatesy in the 2nd row is his limited lateral movement. We've seen him, the poor bloke turns like a yacht! It's definitely the main concern and while most of the time if he's playing a 15min cameo at the end of games after we've got them wrapped up, it won't be an issue...in the games which go down to the wire, it could be a problem. Trust in Kev and the rest of the staff to make the right call here.

Stoked to hear the crowd go nuts for him though ❤️

Oates is on the Laurie Daley training program and his knee is a constant problem. Issue is going to be if you need him to play 67 minutes. Hard work if you aren't playing Cup and are just training sort of sometimes.

Oates is on the Laurie Daley training program and his knee is a constant problem. Issue is going to be if you need him to play 67 minutes. Hard work if you aren't playing Cup and are just training sort of sometimes.
Is that akin to Hodgo's training program? (Sorry mate, old enough to remember Laurie playing footy but too young to understand the reference 😅)

The problem with Oatesy in the 2nd row is his limited lateral movement. We've seen him, the poor bloke turns like a yacht! It's definitely the main concern and while most of the time if he's playing a 15min cameo at the end of games after we've got them wrapped up, it won't be an issue...in the games which go down to the wire, it could be a problem. Trust in Kev and the rest of the staff to make the right call here.

Stoked to hear the crowd go nuts for him though ❤️
Attack in the 2nd row D on the wing

Hodges was always in his head and just needed a massage but be right on Sunday coach.

Hammy is tight type thing.
If his reputation is anything to go by, maybe Hodgo just didn’t want to train

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Socnorb
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • Swordfish
  • Behold
  • Battler
  • Lurker
  • thenry
  • Fozz
  • Maddy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.