PLAYER Corey Oates

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Is he just to big now? Have heard multiple times his in the best shape of his life but being jacked doesn’t translate to fast.
I don't think it's his size it's his natural ability for pace just isn't there and hasn't been.

The injuries and timeout is not getting him back to the highs of 2022 which he made alot of sense as basically a Tall To'o and he was making all the tough catches.

His future lies as a bench backrower until retirement I think.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Who are you replacing Oates with next game.....?

This sack of potatoes.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I love the bloke, he's a great guy and some of my favourite Broncos memories are of him, but he's just not up to standard anymore.

The biggest reason people wanted him in the side at the start of the season is because of the impact he used to have with his runs coming out of our end and with Herbie gone we needed that more than ever, but he doesn't have that same impact anymore. His pet defensive play in '22 was jamming in on the opposition 5/8 or centre and smashing them before they could get a pass away to the winger and he saved several tries doing that but he's even too slow to do that now.

There was a period of play against the Dolphins (or was it the Eels?) where we had them shot on the left edge and Ezra was looking for the floating cut out ball to Oates but he was 10 metres behind the play because he couldn't keep up. We had made a break prior to that and he was still catching up.

He's rocks and diamonds but lately it's been rocks. He's done.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.