Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

You're misreading the word "butthurt", mate. It is used on forums across the Internet to ask if someone is mad. If you're butthurt, you're being asked if/why you're made about something.

It's not an insult, and you shouldn't read it as one.

you're undervaluing the word. just because its thrown around internet forums doesn't make it acceptable. we all know where the word comes from

Guys. Move on.

you're undervaluing the word. just because its thrown around internet forums doesn't make it acceptable. we all know where the word comes from

The word is widely accepted on forums across the Internet, including BroncosHQ. If you have any further issues that you wish to discuss with the staff, please open a thread in the staff chat forum. You can reach it by clicking: http://broncoshq.com/staff-chat/

classy bunch

Bg should be cheering this on, if we signed him, suddenly Milfords dad would get better and he wouldn't need to leave Canberra anymore.

A win for all parties.

classy bunch

Well it is hard to live up to the fine example that you guys lead by, but we try

Last edited:

Bg should be cheering this on, if we signed him, suddenly Milfords dad would get better and he wouldn't need to leave Canberra anymore.

A win for all parties.

correct. it would be better for the raiders if DCE went to the broncos. the point i'm trying to make is how underhanded the broncos/news ltd are coming across in all this. i accept barba's release request was genuine. what it seems like since is the broncos/new ltd have identified that as a recruitment strategy and pursued milf and now dce in that manner, using the media to stir up shit then "picking up the pieces"

correct. it would be better for the raiders if DCE went to the broncos. the point i'm trying to make is how underhanded the broncos/news ltd are coming across in all this. i accept barba's release request was genuine. what it seems like since is the broncos/new ltd have identified that as a recruitment strategy and pursued milf and now dce in that manner, using the media to stir up **** then "picking up the pieces"
If you ask me, anyone trying to take the high ground on this one is just trolling.

It's clear we're exploiting some personal situations to our advantage, but in all honesty, I'd be disappointed if we didn't.

Since when have the broncos cared about being liked? We only want to be respected as a force, and taking good players or players with good potential off other teams will help do that.

you said develop your own talent, we've done that for a long time now but sometimes you need to go into the market - this is one of these times, and it's not the first for brisbane either.

i totally get why the raiders are shitty about it. as a league fan it does kinda suck when you see so many canberra jnr's running around or players that canberra have groomed and other sides taken the benefit of, you guys could have a really good side that could challenge for the title and from that perspective it sucks.

but from a selfish, broncos-supporter perspective, I couldn't really care less, do what needs to be done to get the players we need at Brisbane.

Didn't DCE use the broncos as an excuse to get a pay rise or third party deals, now he is using us to get captaincy? I am all for DCE but I don't see it happening. Milford who? If we end up with Barba and DCE then there is no cap space for Milford nor do we need him with those two.

I am still wrapped that Barba will probably be a bronco next year, that single handedly makes this shit season worth it and with DCE also, I'd have to pinch myself everyday to make sure I'm not dreaming.

GAINS: Daly Cherry Evans, Ben Barba
LOSSES: Norman, Wallace, Prince
1310650820313.jpg

Don't think we could afford DCE, Barba AND Milford, we'd have to choose either DCE or Barba, I'd pay DCE $1m+ every season.

Hmmm. I would like to see how Ben H evolves before considering a replacement. He looks the goods to me so far as he gains fitness and regains his confidence as a half back after all those years as essentially a bench hooker.

For all we know, he will be our DCE or better

Last edited:

I don't think Hunt will end up better than DCE but I'm certainly willing to give him a chance to cement his spot, and he's done himself no harm at all in the games he has played.

It'd just be Brisbanes luck that we ended up with DCE and Barba, Hunt kicked on and Ash Taylor blossomed into a great player. When it rains, it pours!

I don't think Hunt will end up better than DCE but I'm certainly willing to give him a chance to cement his spot, and he's done himself no harm at all in the games he has played.

It'd just be Brisbanes luck that we ended up with DCE and Barba, Hunt kicked on and Ash Taylor blossomed into a great player. When it rains, it pours!

We can just make any excess halves into bench hookers. We'll have an entire bench comprised of hookers. It'll revolutionise the game.

We aren't hated enough by the other clubs these days. Let's get DCE, Milford, Barba and Ferguson in our team.

I'll believe it when I see DCE in a Broncos jersey. Until then, I'm sick of us being linked to every player under the sun whose manager wants a payrise.

We'll have an entire bench comprised of hookers.

Now you're talking.

We aren't hated enough by the other clubs these days. Let's get DCE, Milford, Barba and Ferguson in our team.

I'm loving it now, **** the haters. I'm over the whinging about Friday games and offers to contracted players, let them whinge. Embrace the hate and start winning prems again and watch these bogans cry.

So on the off chance that the rumour is not complete BS. You want us to risk not getting Barba at all by offering him a small contract, meaning we have another season or two like this one.

Then we'll have to listen to your whining longer.

No-ones got a gun to your head.......skim past my posts or even better yet, put me on ignore if you find them that offensive.

and all I'm saying is we shouldn't be tieing up too much money with Barba just yet. He's been in the paper for all the wrong reasons ALL year in 2013 .......and his form has been pretty mehhh and he still has yet to prove himself to be a consistently high marquee player. He is the one who wants to come to Brisbane, we do have some leverage and IMO, his signing has some risk involved.

I'd rather us get him on a "reasonable" (400-500K) amount for 1-2 yrs and then upgrade his contract if his form dictates it should. We've had plenty of players come to, and stick with Brisbane in the past for supposedly less money than they can get elsewhere. I don't think we should necessarily bend over now to what ever Barba's management have to say on the matter......

IMO Barba is worth 700k

Good on you......I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Painin the Haas
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.