Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

how can we afford all these players? yeah we'll win the premiership but it'll be stripped for salary cap breaches.

Same way Dogs currently have T-Rex, Barba, Morris, Graham, Ennis, Pritchard and Manly have DCE, Glen Stewart, Brett Stewart, Lyon, Matai, Foran and Roosters have Jennings, SBW, Pearce, Maloney, JWH, and Storm have Slater, Smith, Cronk, Chambers and Souths have Inglis, Burgess x 4, Luke, Sutton, Asotasi, Crocker on their books etc.

DCE is not coming here, but looking at the above it wouldnt be totally crazy to fit all 3 on the one team. I know we have some high rollers in Thaiday/Parker/Hodges but take into account marquee adjustments, long service adjustments and managing the outside sponsors it shouldnt be impossible.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Apparently DCE has told a few Broncos players that he would be keen to join the Broncos at some stage. Not sure when though. We wouldn't be fitting him into the cap anyhow.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

We don't answer or discuss mod actions in public mate. Raise the question via PM or better yet, in http://broncoshq.com/staff-chat/ if you wish to get an answer...

Cheers and will do. Main reason I ask is because generally there is at least a mild explanation in the post that is edited....eg. edit: Personal attack.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I dunno. I'd still like to see just how good Ben Hunt can get before considering DCE, if that should eventuate.

Around here, one might think that if we did get DCE Barba and Milford, the club would insert a serious get out clause into Hunt's contract.

Like, Get Out!

No,wait! Don't get out, go to the bench. You always were a hooker even if you didn't know it.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I dunno. I'd still like to see just how good Ben Hunt can get before considering DCE, if that should eventuate.

Come on, even if Hunt turns out to be a good player, he's still not going to be anywhere near as good as DCE. And that's if he turns into a good consistent player.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Come on, even if Hunt turns out to be a good player, he's still not going to be anywhere near as good as DCE. And that's if he turns into a good consistent player.

I can't agree Alec (and Fourex). We have seen so little of him, yet, some of the things he did in the last few games have shown glimpses of true class. Yes, it is too early to make final judgements, but still, I'm not making up my mind yet.

In any case, put Hunt as 7 in Manly, and I guarantee you would see a big difference.

I posted before about Cam Smith at the Broncos, and the same goes for DCE. He gets the ball, runs, then turns around and says "where the **** is everyone?"

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

Why not have dce and hunt in the halves you do realize that there are two halves positions? Hunt plays similar to foran. Milford would be 14 and shuffle into fullback or 6. When we come under cap pressure after winning the premiership we will offload barbs and chuck milf in full time. He'd get a starting spot during origin too. Remember he is nineteen. Being uses off the bench would be good for his developement and mean he could get practice at fullback and six

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Why not have dce and hunt in the halves you do realize that there are two halves positions? Hunt plays similar to foran. Milford would be 14 and shuffle into fullback or 6. When we come under cap pressure after winning the premiership we will offload barbs and chuck milf in full time. He'd get a starting spot during origin too. Remember he is nineteen. Being uses off the bench would be good for his developement and mean he could get practice at fullback and six

Hunt & DCE is mouthwatering, but I wouldn't get rid of Barbs, I'd make him a bench hooker. You never know, at Griffindor, prices can tumble. Hey, maybe Hook could join Blocker at Lowes!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I'd be really disappointed if we get Milford and play him off the bench. I don't think we will get DCE so it might not matter but I do fear us getting Milford and him being in the 14 with Prince and Hunt as our halves.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I posted before about Cam Smith at the Broncos, and the same goes for DCE. He gets the ball, runs, then turns around and says "where the **** is everyone?"

Yeah, but they are actual organisers too, and are both influential. If they want someone running or supporting somewhere, they'd get it.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Yeah, but they are actual organisers too, and are both influential. If they want someone running or supporting somewhere, they'd get it.

yeah, know what you mean. sigh...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

lil-jon-what-o.gif

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

There is definitely something to this DCE not happy with Stewart brothers story but he is the type of person that would honor his contract unless Manly granted a release.
He may leave at the end of his contract but things also may have changed at Manly by then

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

You'd think they'd let the Stewarts go before him. Glenn is ordinary and most likely overpaid and while Brett is one of the best fullbacks in the comp, he's no DCE either.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008

Glenn is not ordinary- he is very creative and for our older readers he is a throwback to the old days when centres played next to each other. As a modern day second rower, Glenn is a magnificent inside centre. very good player .

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

DCE has a much longer career ahead of him than the Stewart clowns.

Manly will go with the smart option and make sure they lock him away for the future.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013

Glenn is not ordinary- he is very creative and for our older readers he is a throwback to the old days when centres played next to each other. As a modern day second rower, Glenn is a magnificent inside centre. very good player .

Overall that is a good description of Stewart. but I think Alec and others are mostly basing it off how he has played this year, which is terribly. At his best he is a very good back rower but 2013 has been a year he will like to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.