Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

should we land DCE i wonder if we would have the funds (or the need) to go after Milford if he is able to gain a release.

Oh man. That'd be amazing.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

should we land DCE i wonder if we would have the funds (or the need) to go after Milford if he is able to gain a release.

I don't think money is going to be an issue with Milford. The Bulldogs have kinda set the standard. As far as compassionate grounds are concerned....you can go, but you're not going to financially prosper from it (immediately). I think this allowed the Barba release to go over a lot smoother than it otherwise could have (keeping in mind our extremist Bulldog friends).

It's looming as another win win for the Broncs .....

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

If we get DCE, I don't care about getting Milford.

DCE is really good mates with Barba so that definitely helps our cause.

DCE+Barba to our team and I think we're genuine premiership contenders.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Dce would be my no1 pick bar none. If there is any truth in this rumor it must be persued with vigor.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I don't think money is going to be an issue with Milford. The Bulldogs have kinda set the standard. As far as compassionate grounds are concerned....you can go, but you're not going to financially prosper from it (immediately). I think this allowed the Barba release to go over a lot smoother than it otherwise could have (keeping in mind our extremist Bulldog friends).

It's looming as another win win for the Broncs .....

Exactly this. I really want to give the Dogs the credit for allowing it actually. But I can't help but think it wasn't done with good intentions, based on what we're currently reading in the media.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Milford will be something special.......once in a generation type stuff. IMO

Some of you are choosing too quickly to unnecessarily discard him.

DCE V Milford...??

tumblr_lufaibxUWv1qklq73_zpsa693e062.png

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

But I can't help but think it wasn't done with good intentions, based on what we're currently reading in the media.

No....you're right.

Certainly ended up working in our favour though

possibly twice (re: Milford)

LOL@Bulldogs....:biggrin:

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

I think DCE is flat out better than Milford, he plays the most important position in the game and does it as good as anyone. That being said Milford is a superstar in waiting.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I can't see DCE ---> Broncos happening anytime in the near future.

Just sounds like wishful thinking if anything. DCE played for Queensland, got on well with Brisbane players, word of a few blow ups with team mates.

DCE ---> BRONCOS CONFIRMED!!!

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Milford will be something special.......once in a generation type stuff. IMO

Some of you are choosing too quickly to unnecessarily discard him.

DCE V Milford...??

tumblr_lufaibxUWv1qklq73_zpsa693e062.png

I agree even if we do some how get dce I still think we do everything in our power to get milford he oozes class

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I can't see DCE ---> Broncos happening anytime in the near future.

Just sounds like wishful thinking if anything. DCE played for Queensland, got on well with Brisbane players, word of a few blow ups with team mates.

DCE ---> BRONCOS CONFIRMED!!!

Place your bets NOW!

ngbbs42e091d630ae4.jpg

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

I think DCE is flat out better than Milford, he plays the most important position in the game and does it as good as anyone. That being said Milford is a superstar in waiting.

Don't think we can compare them atm milford is only 19 and just in his first year and at a club that is crumbling around him

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

DCE #1 pick, absolutely. Both would be simply smashing. I smell...I smell...PREMIERSHIPS!!

Would be hell in 2-3yrs time though when Barba/Milford came up for contract renewals!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Don't think we can compare them atm milford is only 19 and just in his first year and at a club that is crumbling around him
I agree, we can't, but DCE IS a superstar, he's as good as you can get, Milford is a potential superstar. Bird in the hand ... Don't get me wrong I'd love to get Milford but if it was ever a choice it would be DCE everytime.

D

dvdxdvw2fsddfszx

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013

from the Sportal Lurker FWIW:

Cherry-Evans to Brisbane?
The denials have been coming thick and fast since the story broke about Daly Cherry-Evans being unhappy at Manly - but rest assured, there is plenty of truth to them. Cherry-Evans has a personality clash with the Stewart brothers and the trio have had words more than once this season. Manly have attempted to patch up the rift - and it may well get resolved. But only a week ago, Cherry-Evans told a leading Broncos player "I want to be up there with you guys next season". The Broncos have snared Ben Barba but would still love to add Cherry-Evans - one of the best halfbacks in the game - to their roster… and he is a Queenslander.

The Lurker - NRL Rumour File - Monday - League - Sportal Australia

You do realise who the lurker from Sportal is right?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

I agree, we can't, but DCE IS a superstar, he's as good as you can get, Milford is a potential superstar. Bird in the hand ... Don't get me wrong I'd love to get Milford but if it was ever a choice it would be DCE everytime.

Yeah your right DCE would be my pick too , but would be awesome to have both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• thenry
  • bazza
  • Skathen
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.