Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

I think Corey is right. Hunt and Foran are very similar. Except Hunt can kick, pass and isn't that strong a runner, while Foran can't really kick or pass but is a very strong runner....

In other words, Foran = Hoffman. :)

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

I meant as far as running the ball to the line commuting defenders causing overlaps then passing. Foran and hunt do this. Saying hunt isn't a good runner is harsh I've seen him break the line a couple of times in the last few weeks. Yes hunt has a great short kicking game but forans long kicking game would be just as good as hunts... I've heard the commentators say that kick must have come off the side of the boot three times in three weeks for hunt. His sucks.

B

Brad Miers

NYC Player
Feb 22, 2013

Story I heard from a good source was Barba and DCE were together and met with managers back after the second origin. I suppose we will see come end of season.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Story I heard from a good source was Barba and DCE were together and met with managers back after the second origin. I suppose we will see come end of season.

All the off-field rumours will be settled during the off-season can't wait to get to the bottom of them.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

I can't see DCE signing. If he did, he would be better than either Barba or Milford. DCE and Barba would make us a premiership quality team IMO.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

Barba and Milford bring speed and X-factor. Both of which we are sorely lacking but neither of which, paired with what we currently have, will deliver a premiership.

DCE, on the other hand, is a future superstar. He is the organiser we've needed since Lockyer retired. He will bring us premierships. All stops must be pulled out to get that man's signature!! If we get DCE plus one/both others I will make a mess :blushing:

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I still think we need to give Hunt a lot more time at 7 before we write him off. From what I have seen of him so far, he is still un-learning years of being a bench hooker + gaining fitness + fitting into a side that is essentially a dog's breakfast

I have seen flashes of organizational skills from Hunt which make me optimistic. He needs time and mentoring, aside from which DCE to me is a wet dream and only that at this point in time.

Also, Barba is Mango Mk. 2, or Slater's doppelganger - the extra classy play maker at the back that means a class 2nd receiver is a bonus.

If Hunt comes good, and Barba reproduces his 2012 form, we will be doing just fine assuming Griffindor rises from the ashes into something more relevant for the expansive football 2 top line play makers will give the team

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

DCE just confirmed (on Sterlo) that he'll be seeing out the remaining two years on his Manly deal.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Wasn't surprised to hear that, as much as I would love too see him in a Broncos jersey he does seem committed to Manly and seems to enjoy playing there, but who wouldn't when you're surrounded by such a quality team.

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008

I still think we need to give Hunt a lot more time at 7 before we write him off. From what I have seen of him so far, he is still un-learning years of being a bench hooker + gaining fitness + fitting into a side that is essentially a dog's breakfast

I have seen flashes of organizational skills from Hunt which make me optimistic. He needs time and mentoring, aside from which DCE to me is a wet dream and only that at this point in time.

Also, Barba is Mango Mk. 2, or Slater's doppelganger - the extra classy play maker at the back that means a class 2nd receiver is a bonus.

If Hunt comes good, and Barba reproduces his 2012 form, we will be doing just fine assuming Griffindor rises from the ashes into something more relevant for the expansive football 2 top line play makers will give the team

no no no ... no more Hunt ... I am tired of hearing "more time" ... the guy has zero
I hope that 2 year extension was for peanuts, because that is what he is worth
I'd rather throw a kid in that is worse now, but a chance of being something later

anybody who heard Tim Gore this arvo on Grandstand, would be questioning Hook too given some of those stats

Oink !

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

Pigskin can you elaborate at all on those stats?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

no no no ... no more Hunt ... I am tired of hearing "more time" ... the guy has zero
I hope that 2 year extension was for peanuts, because that is what he is worth
I'd rather throw a kid in that is worse now, but a chance of being something later

anybody who heard Tim Gore this arvo on Grandstand, would be questioning Hook too given some of those stats

Oink !

You gotta agree that hunt has shown signs of a good half, he just seems to go missing at times

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

You gotta agree that hunt has shown signs of a good half, he just seems to go missing at times

I think you're being generous, for mine he goes missing for over half the game on average

75% - Missing, doing nothing
20% - Average, some good plays
5% - Brilliant, the odd x-factor play

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Yeah maybe, but he's only had a handful of games there and all where pressure games . I think we should give him first crack at the 7 next year , he could come good . I also have doubts but there is some promise too especially his passing game which is have been really impressed with

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008

i'm paraphrasing and don't remember exactly ... so if I get some of this wrong, sorry

but Tim Gore does his stats presentation each week on Grandstand ... geek and you shall find ?

anyway, this week it was all about the Broncos and why they had missed the finals ... so he digs deeper into the stats to find out why

he started out by giving them some positives ...

number 1 in the league for completion rate, number 1 in the league for tackle busts, but our tackle busts don't translate to line breaks, our line breaks numbers were poor I think (so we break tackles but don't turn them into line breaks, probly cause we have no pace at all across the paddock)
and there were 3 or 4 stats that were good, but just don't win you footy games apparantly

then he rattled off a whole truckload of stats that sounded very bad from a coaching perspective
last in this, last in that, second last to Parra in a couple of categories

the 2 that i can remember ... last in the league for locking up the ball = conceding most offloads, and making the most tackles of all teams this year, conceding the most meters of all teams

I think he came up with us averaging 3 tries per game scored, and conceding 3.5 per game

his final statement was along the lines of "although it would seem the Broncos attack is the main reason for their poor season, and Ben Barba and possibly Anthony Milford will help in this area, its their defence that has been their downfall in 2013"

thats what I can remember anyway ... but it was interesting

I tweeted Tim Gore asking for the stats, no idea if he will respond

Oink !

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

from the Sportal Lurker FWIW:

Cherry-Evans to Brisbane?
The denials have been coming thick and fast since the story broke about Daly Cherry-Evans being unhappy at Manly - but rest assured, there is plenty of truth to them. Cherry-Evans has a personality clash with the Stewart brothers and the trio have had words more than once this season. Manly have attempted to patch up the rift - and it may well get resolved. But only a week ago, Cherry-Evans told a leading Broncos player "I want to be up there with you guys next season". The Broncos have snared Ben Barba but would still love to add Cherry-Evans - one of the best halfbacks in the game - to their roster… and he is a Queenslander.

The Lurker - NRL Rumour File - Monday - League - Sportal Australia

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

:drool:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

should we land DCE i wonder if we would have the funds (or the need) to go after Milford if he is able to gain a release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Scorchie
  • Galah
  • Porthoz
  • Lazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.