Status
Not open for further replies.
Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

Yeah ,Maybe he knows who knows and if something is written by someone who doesn't know or who has no way of knowing or there is no way they could know, then he will say they know nothing, on the other hand, if you did know ,or were in the know ,then there may be some merit there ,you know.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

Like i wrote many pages ago ago, keep this thread open for the next 6 to 7 years.

I don't think there will be a season that goes by without some rumour linking us to DCE without anything coming of it.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

I'd love to see him here but it's not going happen, I wanna see the club unearth the next Foran/DCE combo and as long as we build a team around a young halves combination we will be fine.

Might win a grandfinal in the next 5yrs, however we will build towards that and we will factor in the finals regularly as one would expect from a Broncos side. [MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] has mentioned a few young halves, I'm sure there is at least one he has mentioned that could partner Hunt no problem. Forwards give them the space, backs give them the pace and the team as a unit will give the fans something to smile about.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012

Yep, you can write this one off. We had better hope we sign Milford otherwise we're gonna be royally ****ed as far as halves are concerned.

This is why I think fans being picky about Cameron Smith and even Issac Luke is retarded.

Last edited:
B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

Well this rumour was always going to be too good to be true, right?

With all the "behind the scenes" changes being made at the Broncos recently I'm pretty confident that we can unearth our very own DCE in the next couple of years, our club no longer appears to be taking a passive approach to recruitment and development so I am expecting all the future young guns to be headed our way. I also honestly believe that Corey Norman leaving was a massive benefit to the Broncos, not only because he's shit but also because we would have persisted with him for far too long instead of actually scouring the market for talent. IMO we wouldn't be linked to any halves had he re-signed with the club.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

Well this rumour was always going to be too good to be true, right?

With all the "behind the scenes" changes being made at the Broncos recently I'm pretty confident that we can unearth our very own DCE in the next couple of years, our club no longer appears to be taking a passive approach to recruitment and development so I am expecting all the future young guns to be headed our way. I also honestly believe that Corey Norman leaving was a massive benefit to the Broncos, not only because he's shit but also because we would have persisted with him for far too long instead of actually scouring the market for talent. IMO we wouldn't be linked to any halves had he re-signed with the club.

Yep, can you imagine if we had have fought Parra and signed Norman up on a 4 year deal starting next year... Nightmare.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013

I still reckon we will get DCE for me it's a smoke screen leading into the gf.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

The only thing keeping this rumour alive is that he's a Mackay boy and mates with Barba.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

The only thing keeping this rumour alive is that he's a Mackay boy and mates with Barba.

and the Broncos need a gun half.

Wishful thinking will be more than enough to keep this rumour alive.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013

you'd have to say if we don't sign him, regardless if we sign milford we will linger in the bottom part of the table again next year. Hunt just doesnt have what it takes.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

you'd have to say if we don't sign him, regardless if we sign milford we will linger in the bottom part of the table again next year. Hunt just doesnt have what it takes.

If the teams improves their defence and their fitness (so the extra weight is actually an advantage), we'll make the 8.

Souffs finished 2nd, and Reynolds and Sutton are ordinary halves.
Bulldogs finished 1st last year, and Keating/Reynolds are ordinary halves too.

Halves tend to get exposed in the big matches though, so we probably won't exactly challenge for the premiership, but we should make the 8 if they work on the 2 things I mentioned at the start.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

I'm still thinking it's a possibility , like I have always said they would never move Wallace and Prince (our most experienced halves) on if they didn't have someone capable of replacing them . Not sure about hunt yet either ! He has the talent but I don't think even hook has the confidence in him to run the team yet , I really hope he goes to the next level

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013

Souffs finished 2nd, and Reynolds and Sutton are ordinary halves.
Bulldogs finished 1st last year, and Keating/Reynolds are ordinary halves too.

Reynolds and Sutton are far from ordinary. Reynolds is getting a bit overrated these days but he is still a good player and Sutton has been excellent over the last 2 years. Souths don't strike me as a good example of a team doing well without quality halves, in fact I think they are the opposite. Before 2012 they had a decent squad for a few years but never put it all together until they got a stable halves pairing and since then they have been excellent.

and the Doggies got by with shit halves because they have some of the best ball playing forwards in the game (Graham, Kasiano, Beastwood ...) and they have one of the best coaches of our generation.

a halves pairing is a lot more crucial than fitness and probably on par with defence. I don't think the success of Souths or the Bulldogs is a good basis for arguing that we can be successful if we still have rubbish halves.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Well, yeah, halves matter of course, but I think Barba, Milford and Hunt would be enough to get us into the 8 with those 2 other major team improvements. Especially since we made it with Hoffman, Norman and Wallace last year. And I'm still not sure that Hunt has what it takes and that Milford can be a half and not just a fullback. Still better than Wallace and Norman.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013

oh yeah, Milford, Hunt and Barba should be capable of doing enough to make the finals

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

Well, yeah, halves matter of course, but I think Barba, Milford and Hunt would be enough to get us into the 8 with those 2 other major team improvements. Especially since we made it with Hoffman, Norman and Wallace last year. And I'm still not sure that Hunt has what it takes and that Milford can be a half and not just a fullback. Still better than Wallace and Norman.

I hear what you are saying and agree, we should be aiming to make the 8 in 2014 given the addition of Barba and Kennedy and hopefully Milford as well as the staffing shakeup, where im sure those that have kept their jobs will be hungry to keep them.

However, making the 8 will be no gimme. You would have to assume the top 4 from this year should make the 8 and the Knights and Sharks should build on this season to take another 2 spots. That leaves 2 spots for us to battle it out with the Dogs, Cowboys, Warriors and maybe Titans/Panthers. Each of those teams are probably confident of making the 8 as well.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013

Even if we make the 8 it will be the bottom 4 and in all honesty i think we will just be making up the numbers. Unless of course there is big signing news on the horizon, as well as new assistants and or head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • The Don
  • Skyblues87
  • Mustafur
  • Pablo
  • Accept
  • Mister Wright
  • Porthoz
  • Financeguy
  • rnabokov
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.