Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

I'm all for freedom of opinion but you are getting a bit depressing bro. We get your point.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

Give Hunt a chance FFS :001_rolleyes:

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013

Give Hunt a chance FFS :001_rolleyes:

He has had a chance. Look i get i'm negative, but im not going to be happy go lucky about shit that is going to fail (yes this is my opinion) but no chance in hell can Hunt cut it with the big boys. I'm happy to discuss and i really hope I'm proved wrong, but i really doubt i will be.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Your opinion is noted. Please don't repeat it until such time as Hunt sucks next year. then say "I told you so"

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013

Your opinion is noted. Please don't repeat it until such time as Hunt sucks next year. then say "I told you so"

You have my word.

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013

Going to need your badges and guns too.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013

And my bow.
1345943711226.jpg

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
We've got the fourex version for Ben Hunt it appears :O

88to2006Glorydays

88to2006Glorydays

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2013

DCE linked to us because Manly broke his contract. This is from the mole.

Yeah nice one. What a load of shite. DCE has said he wants to be with Manly for the next 7 or 10 years. Theres more chance of Sam Backo coming out of retirement.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

Yeah nice one. What a load of shite. DCE has said he wants to be with Manly for the next 7 or 10 years. Theres more chance of Sam Backo coming out of retirement.
That was said but also what you are neglecting is it was stated at the same time that the salary cap probably wont let this happen

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Look, while I don't really think we will be lucky enough to get him, if you take anything, any player involved in the grand final says during grand final week seriously, then you are going to be disappointed.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah, I don't think DCE saying "ermagherd I want to be at Mernly for lerfe" after months of speculation and rumours about being unhappy really matters much. Simply a case of trying to shut the media up, especially in grand final week.

That doesn't mean I think we'll get him.

This rumour remains just a rumour.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

It amazes me how often when a player comes out and says the aren't leaving that people go "oh well there goes that". Players lie to the media, consistently. I mean if in a month or two they sign for another club, it's not like the NRL will say "liar liar pants on fire, we don't register contracts of naughty little fibber boys"

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

It amazes me how often when a player comes out and says the aren't leaving that people go "oh well there goes that". Players lie to the media, consistently. I mean if in a month or two they sign for another club, it's not like the NRL will say "liar liar pants on fire, we don't register contracts of naughty little fibber boys"

To be fair though, in this situation where DCE is under contract for 2 more years to Manly, who seem far from a struggling unhappy team, then media quotes about him wanting to stay at Manly long term, you can hardly blame people for turning their back on this rumour.

We were happy to have a laugh at any Panther fan that thought Corey Parker was going to leave the Broncos and join Penrith, this is no more far fetched than that.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

To be fair though, in this situation where DCE is under contract for 2 more years to Manly, who seem far from a struggling unhappy team, then media quotes about him wanting to stay at Manly long term, you can hardly blame people for turning their back on this rumour.

We were happy to have a laugh at any Panther fan that thought Corey Parker was going to leave the Broncos and join Penrith, this is no more far fetched than that.

I could care less whether people turn their back on this rumour. As I have said I don't believe we will get him, my point being your mind shouldn't be changed one way or another by a quote made by the player during grand final week.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah and Karmichael Hunt came out and repeatedly said he wanted to be a Bronco for life .... but look what happened the first time someone dangled a shitload of money in front of him.

besides Manly's already chockers salary cap will be even more of a struggle after another GF apperance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.