Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

Every man and his dog seem to be coming out and telling Manly they need to do whatever they can to keep Cherry-Evans. He is under contract so you would have to assume there is a chance he will leave circulating around the League

Yeah and Karmichael Hunt came out and repeatedly said he wanted to be a Bronco for life .... but look what happened the first time someone dangled a ****load of money in front of him.

besides Manly's already chockers salary cap will be even more of a struggle after another GF apperance

And I believe they are about to announce the resigning of Lyon and the Wolfman.

If they re-sign Lyon until 2016 (rumour going around), I think DCE will leave, he wants to be captain, and he won't be with Lyon there.

i dont doubt that he loves manly. things change though. plenty of players have left clubs they loved. we all know its not an era were 'love' is the primary driving force behind the club you play for.

the broncos can offer him more opportunities. he will be more easily recognised as a great of the game playing for the broncs.

Last edited:

Let's give them room to keep him:biggrin:

Looks like they'll have extra money to throw at him after his current contract finishes.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

The awesome part is that DCE staying there on big money will be a direct catalyst for the brothers having to be separated. If there wasn't a rift already, you can bet that the Stewart's will be gutted about being split apart and Brett will hold resentment towards whoever gets signed over his brother. Lyon's the captain, he won't go unless he takes one for the team, and DCE is the relative newcomer.

My housemate just saw Cherry Evans and Yow Yeh walking together in Warringah mall (Manly) with their partners and Cherry Evans' baby. Take from that what you will - not sure when they became mates as I don't think they've played together.

Regardless, it just goes to show that Daly is possibly mates with more than just a few of the Broncs.

Great, Yow Yeh is joining the Eagles.

My housemate just saw Cherry Evans and Yow Yeh walking together in Warringah mall (Manly) with their partners and Cherry Evans' baby. Take from that what you will - not sure when they became mates as I don't think they've played together.

Regardless, it just goes to show that Daly is possibly mates with more than just a few of the Broncs.

I'm pretty sure i saw JYY mixing with the Origin squad this year.

They probably are helping him get through his injury and want him to know he isn't forgotten.

That's probably where they met.

.. or maybe JYY is going to sign with Manly ???

:glare:

Manly close in on deal to keep Lyon and Wolfman at the Brookvale zoo | smh.com.au

Jamie Lyon and David Williams are poised to re-sign in a huge boost for Manly before Sunday's grand-final clash with the Roosters.Lyon is set to extend his stay on the northern beaches for a further three years, while Williams will likely sign on for two more seasons.

Lyon knocked back a mammoth $3 million offer to link with the Gold Coast to finish his career with the Sea Eagles. While there have been delays in finalising the deal, officials hope a new contract will be signed next week.

''I've been here for a little while, hopefully it gets done,'' Lyon said.

''It's hard, with the cap, to fit everyone in. I'm pretty comfortable it will get done when it's ready.

''I'd like to play for another two or three years. [Laughing] I'm pretty sure Wee Waa will have me if nothing turns out here.''

CARN DCE

It would be great to get DCE it really would and clearly Manly have to let some of their players go but why would they let Daly go? If it breaks up the Stewarts, does that really bother Manly? They're both getting on and Daly is a future great and can lead the team into the future with Foran, Horo, Symonds, etc.

I just can't see them letting him go.

He does get a say though. Right.

Not for the next two years though.

So the 3rd party deals have been resolved?

I guess so. I don't really know.

Manly are likely to lose Glen Stewart in the near future as well.

my understanding is that he wants to come back to Brisbane, this has been remarked upon by some high profile media types as a done deal. he has 3rd party arrangements which have not been honoured which allow him a release. if this is the case , a player of his profile would be the one making the decisions, not Manly. I agree they would not want him to go, but they may have no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • scobie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Bongo
  • The Boss
  • Cavalo
  • Dreaglor
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.