Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

I have something new from my source, the same one that confirmed Barba weeks before it was official.

Apparently Manly haven't paid DCE what he is owed for third party deals which includes being the face of their sponsorship with Kaspersky Lab. The figure being thrown around is 200k owing. If Manly don't pony up the money before the season kicks off, DCE will demand a release on grounds of breach of contract.

So my personal conjecture is, combine this with the apparent frayed relationship DCE has with the Stewart brothers and we may have a brand new Half to partner Milford.

Last edited:

Surely we would be running into Salary Cap problems if this were true.

As much as i'd love DCE, i think IF we get Milford, we'd be too over the cap to afford him.

Let Hoffman go now and forget Cameron Smith

Last edited:

If this is true, Manly will surely come up with the money.

You cannot come up with money IF you do not have it

You cannot come up with money IF you do not have it

Surely there'll be some rich fatcat Manly supporter that will come out of the woodwork at the last minute to keep him.

Maybe but they could already be paying other players to keep them. From all reports this has been going on since about May and no one has put their hand up yet

Last edited:

I'm refusing to let myself get excited about this, but of we can get DCE it seems simple to me, get DCE, get Milford, forget about grandpa smith (unless he actually wants to come home and play for cheap) give Hoffman the release his manager wants, get rid of thaiday unless he pulls his finger out. Add to that the fact that I would assume hodgo has only a year or two left and he would be on decent money

How funny would that be . DCE to broncos . Stuart forced to pay 1000000 for Milford.

Socnorb, that would be the most beautiful and poetic justice in the history of league!

If we got DCE would should completely forget about Milford / Smith, and we might also have to release Hoffman to get the money required to acquire DCE long term, but it would be completely worth it.

i think even if we did get dce there is no way we should give up on milford.

So my personal conjecture is, combine this with the apparent frayed relationship DCE has with the Stewart brothers and we may have a brand new Half to partner Milford.

If we somehow got DCE, i'd rather forget Milf. DCE/Hunt halves combination would suit me just fine.

If we somehow got DCE, i'd rather forget Milf. DCE/Hunt halves combination would suit me just fine.

**** that, id rather have hunt move into the 9 move macca to the bench and have him a bench hooker and have milf and dce in the halves.

**** that, id rather have hunt move into the 9 move macca to the bench and have him a bench hooker and have milf and dce in the halves.

And I'd personally rather stay under the cap, it's not worth pushing it. Milf/Hunt are both unproven and both have potential, i'll take the one who loves the club, wont cost a mint and will improve more the longer he plays.

If it came down to the amazing choice between DCE and Milford, you wouldn't have to think once. You'd say, 'Thanks Sticky, make that kid a millionaire and screw up yet another club.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.