Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

Or they will be using DCEs money to get Woods. They will be unlikely to retain both Foran and DCE as both players would go very close to the $1 million mark on the open market.
That does not make sense though. You do not trade one of the best halves prospects in the game for a front rower. The original premise to the latest rumour was that because of a shortfall of $200k they let DCE walk, I doubt he would be on 600k at the moment. Therefore, if they can find 600 for Woods, they can find 200k for DCE. It would be a different scenario if the rumours about a toxic relationship were true and they were looking to move him on for team harmony, but I don't buy that either.

Are people forgetting that Manly can't just simply stump up the $200k themselves? If they do, then that $200k would have to be a 'guaranteed' 3rd party deal, and therefore included in their cap. Which they don't have the room for. At the moment it is the same as the Gasnier situation - an external sponsor didn't front up their cash, and the club is powerless to make up the shortfall.

I understand people are saying that Manly have powerful backers, and finding someone to put up the cash in a shady back-room deal should be easy. But are they seriously going to risk all that, and potentially open up a salary cap investigation if the money magically appears? Clubs may be devious, but I doubt they're that clumsy.

My guess, if they haven't already rectified the situation, is that they know he's leaving and therefore they are not going to risk breaking the rules for a player that they know isn't staying.

That does not make sense though. You do not trade one of the best halves prospects in the game for a front rower. The original premise to the latest rumour was that because of a shortfall of $200k they let DCE walk, I doubt he would be on 600k at the moment. Therefore, if they can find 600 for Woods, they can find 200k for DCE. It would be a different scenario if the rumours about a toxic relationship were true and they were looking to move him on for team harmony, but I don't buy that either.

It's a shame that players have no choice, obviously if the club wants to keep them they must stay

The only thing wrong with it is getting rid of Barba. We need a decent fullback. A fullback who wins the Dally M in a non-premiership winning side is LOT more than decent and you are banking the farm on Milford not only living up to his promise but actually being better than Barba which is by no means guaranteed as I don't think we've seen the best of Barba. Even this year in an interrupted year from constant off-field drama and injury he scored 11 tries in 10 games and looked better than virtually anyone in our side...

Barba is not a great 5/8, Milford potentially is. Regardless of who we get if anyone out of DCE or Milford, Barba remains our best available option at fullback short of Brett Stewart, Slater, Hayne or Inglis becoming available to us and quite probably given their respective age, I'd keep Barba in favour of Slater, Hayne OR Stewart...

Barba also has something besides his own phenomenal playing ability (at his best, proven as the best in the league) that will help us in the long run and that is a certain close relationship with DCE we want to foster and nurture. Cutting him loose is unlikely to assist us in attracting DCE to our club, but Josh McGuire and Ben Barba being here will be people he will want to play with.

Or maybe this was sheer coincidence?

I hope DCE gesture is at Manly

They literally just got rid of all their frf so could afford woods. But to upgrade any contracts it will require losing players and the salary cap increase. We can definitely outbid them but bidding wars aren't our style. It will be a question of what he wants

I wonder if they ended up re-signing wolfman

To me it seems very much like DCE is gone or at least one other big name. While DCE and Foran are a great pair, you need a decent forward pack to let them do their thing. Given Kite's gone and Kings injury, it's not hard to imagine they need to find a decent forward leader. Especially so if they know someone is leaving.

I hope the the rumours of DCE coming to the broncos in 2015 are true! Great young player with so much more to give and what better team to do it at then the mighty brisbane broncos! :takdir:

If this does happen AND we get Milford this year that would without a doubt form a spine that could mirror the dominance of the Storm....

You'd have to feel so sorry for Hunt though... Basically a career ruined.

How funny would that be . DCE to broncos . Stuart forced to pay 1000000 for Milford.

They'd find a way to terminate him for farting out of place.

Water sucks, Gatorade is better...

Looks like CP13 and DCE had a great time in Dubai. Let's hope CP was luring him to the Broncs

I honestly can't see him coming to the Broncos at this stage, he is contracted until the end of 2015. Manly will not release him unless he pulls a milford to come back or if there salary cap is too tight in which case I would get rid of the older players. Griffin should go all out for him for the 2016 season, hunt can go somewhere else or anthony milford plays in the centres.....which is unlikely. Really hope he gets a contract to the broncs!

Last edited:

If we manage to sign DCE is anyone questioning how we can fit him under the cap with the arrivals of Barba, Milford and the possibility of Smith plus the players we've currently got like Parker and Hodges?.

If this does happen AND we get Milford this year that would without a doubt form a spine that could mirror the dominance of the Storm....

You'd have to feel so sorry for Hunt though... Basically a career ruined.

Would force him back to the bench at the Broncos but won't necessarily ruin his career. He is a good player and there would be a few clubs willing to sign him if he was on the market.

Did we really need to bump this thread? If there's no new information regarding the rumour it should probably just stay dead.

Did we really need to bump this thread? If there's no new information regarding the rumour it should probably just stay dead.

Yeah, bumping this thread should be illegal without any real info, I get mini heart attacks when I see it pop up.
I always leave disappointed :(

If we manage to sign DCE is anyone questioning how we can fit him under the cap with the arrivals of Barba, Milford and the possibility of Smith plus the players we've currently got like Parker and Hodges?.

Would force him back to the bench at the Broncos but won't necessarily ruin his career. He is a good player and there would be a few clubs willing to sign him if he was on the market.

Those that support the roosters should not question other teams salary caps. Ya know, glasshouses and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bronx48
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.