Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is the kick up the backside that Hunt needs...also hopefully McCulloug doesn't go backwards after a stunning start to the year.

In terms of DCE wanting to captain the side. I assume, with the club chasing Smith, that Parker and Hodges were told that they could loose the captaincy as early as next year.

I'm not sure if he'll want to leave Manly, as his wife reportedly doesn't want to leave the area.

But lets throw 1 million at him and see if she changes her mind.

The problem Manly will have is both DCE and Foran are going to want big money for their next contracts (and both are worth it IMO). but i doubt Manly will be able to legally given them both that money. it may cause 1 to want to leave for the payday they deserve... and if thats the case we should chase whoever leave Manly

This current administration delivering Daly Cherry Evans to the Broncos ?

the-wolf-of-wall-street.jpg

inb4 Jeff Robson announcement ...

I'm not sure if he'll want to leave Manly, as his wife reportedly doesn't want to leave the area.

But lets throw 1 million at him and see if she changes her mind.

The problem Manly will have is both DCE and Foran are going to want big money for their next contracts (and both are worth it IMO). but i doubt Manly will be able to legally given them both that money. it may cause 1 to want to leave for the payday they deserve... and if thats the case we should chase whoever leave Manly

If the Storm can afford Slater, Cronk and Cam Smith, I don't see why Manly can't afford DCE and Foran. Particularly with the cap increasing and Glenn Stewart leaving. Let's be honest, their props aren't much to write home about and only Watmough will be on good coin of their 2015 forwards.

If the Storm can afford Slater, Cronk and Cam Smith, I don't see why Manly can't afford DCE and Foran. Particularly with the cap increasing and Glenn Stewart leaving. Let's be honest, their props aren't much to write home about and only Watmough will be on good coin of their 2015 forwards.

Storm have nobody else apart from the big 3 that they pay that well. Eagles have their big 4 salaries (Cherry-Evans, Foran, B.Stewart, Lyon) and have a better supporting cast, which I can only assume is more expensive.. G.Stewart, Ballin, King, Matai, Williams, Watmough would all be on decent money. And it remains to be seen if G.Stewart will leave, or take a pay cut.

Last edited:
David Williams is on a one year deal and could easily be shed. Jason King will be 34 next year and if it's a choice between him and a half it won't be a contest. And Foran and Stewart simply wouldn't command the same money as Slater and Cronk, so that money could easily account for their next best player (Lyon). Even if you figure Snake, Foran, DCE and Lyon to take up say 3mil of the salary cap, there's still 3.5m left for the rest.

Their side definitely won't look as good, but honestly, given the cap next year will be 6.55m, having 2-3 genuine stars in a team is definitely feasible.

I don't care if we set a new contract figure record, 1 million, 1.5 million whatever it takes to lure DCE up here, DO IT.

We are the Broncos, we should be able to offer him the biggest contract ever offered given how many third party deals he could easily get.

I'd be tabling a 5 year deal to him worth $2 million a year. Obviously not all of that will be under the Salary cap though. We would be able to get him some 3rd party deals for sure. I'd also give him Moreton Island, rename the Brisbane river after him, give him a statue and build him a house made of gold.

2 mil a year for a halfback that's only great when the forwards perform? He is not worth that much.

2 mil a year for a halfback that's only great when the forwards perform? He is not worth that much.

The salary cap will continue to go up so he is well worth it. We would get him in his prime as well.

David Williams is on a one year deal and could easily be shed. Jason King will be 34 next year and if it's a choice between him and a half it won't be a contest. And Foran and Stewart simply wouldn't command the same money as Slater and Cronk, so that money could easily account for their next best player (Lyon). Even if you figure Snake, Foran, DCE and Lyon to take up say 3mil of the salary cap, there's still 3.5m left for the rest.

Their side definitely won't look as good, but honestly, given the cap next year will be 6.55m, having 2-3 genuine stars in a team is definitely feasible.

Actually Foran and Stewart command very similar money to Cronk and Slater, if not more.

Foran - $650k
Stewart - $600k

Cronk - $625k
Slater - Unknown (Presume $600k or so)

I reckon Gee will offer him $100,000 a season and tell him he will be lucky to play for the Broncos, then Gee will approach White for a payrise for himself

Yeah I'm sure that will happen :rolleyes:

Seriously, Manly are willing to shed players to keep him there as their long-term playmaker/captain.

Do we seriously think he'll sign with us ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • ettybay
  • Dexter
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.