Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour - Daly Cherry-Evans to Brisbane Broncos

If we somehow got DCE, i'd rather forget Milf. DCE/Hunt halves combination would suit me just fine.

It would probably be the best for DCE too, Milford is a great player, but Hunt plays a lot more like Foran so his playing style shouldn't have to change too much.

It would probably be the best for DCE too, Milford is a great player, but Hunt plays a lot more like Foran so his playing style shouldn't have to change too much.
Disagree, I actually think that a good running halve like Milford would suit DCE better as a partner...

DCE plays as a halfback/1st receiver on BOTH sides of the ruck.
Milford plays as a classic 5/8th and Barba as a modern fullback...which are essentially almost the same roles these days in attack.

I'd love to see that.

Get them both. Milford subbing in for macca but playing 6 with hunt going 9. Barba doesn't get an extension and mif becomes long term 1

Get them both. Milford subbing in for macca but playing 6 with hunt going 9. Barba doesn't get an extension and mif becomes long term 1

surely you are joking

Milford off the bench? Dreaming

I think you lads might be getting a bit ahead of yourselves here.

200k shortfall right? I can't see how 200k can be such an issue here, it isn't really that much coin. Even for Manly.

Hasn't even played his first game for us and already fans are planning for him to leave. Poor Barba

Please tell me you're trolling.

You would have to be stupid

Damm, that must be some good stuff you're on! :stoned:
:peace:

Not saying we should but we could. Its what Canberra have been doing. It gets our best 17. It gets most likely our best bench hooker giving macca a break. It eases Milford into the playmaker role. It keeps ben hunt playing who i rate massively. Ben would be very cheap even if he gets amazing due to his loyalty. It will let us know who is the better five eight as the long term option. At least as a temporary solution i don't see too much wrong with it.

Not saying we should but we could. Its what Canberra have been doing. It gets our best 17. It gets most likely our best bench hooker giving macca a break. It eases Milford into the playmaker role. It keeps ben hunt playing who i rate massively. Ben would be very cheap even if he gets amazing due to his loyalty. It will let us know who is the better five eight as the long term option. At least as a temporary solution i don't see too much wrong with it.

The only thing wrong with it is getting rid of Barba. We need a decent fullback. A fullback who wins the Dally M in a non-premiership winning side is LOT more than decent and you are banking the farm on Milford not only living up to his promise but actually being better than Barba which is by no means guaranteed as I don't think we've seen the best of Barba. Even this year in an interrupted year from constant off-field drama and injury he scored 11 tries in 10 games and looked better than virtually anyone in our side...

Barba is not a great 5/8, Milford potentially is. Regardless of who we get if anyone out of DCE or Milford, Barba remains our best available option at fullback short of Brett Stewart, Slater, Hayne or Inglis becoming available to us and quite probably given their respective age, I'd keep Barba in favour of Slater, Hayne OR Stewart...

Barba also has something besides his own phenomenal playing ability (at his best, proven as the best in the league) that will help us in the long run and that is a certain close relationship with DCE we want to foster and nurture. Cutting him loose is unlikely to assist us in attracting DCE to our club, but Josh McGuire and Ben Barba being here will be people he will want to play with.

Or maybe this was sheer coincidence?

Attachments

• 250598_332129336897764_632930442_n.jpg
    250598_332129336897764_632930442_n.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 96

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Manly are looking at signing Aaron Woods at 600K a season. Now he's an excellent front rower already and will get even better, but could this mean anything in relation to DCE? Surely they can't spend that kind of money without losing someone big?

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Manly are looking at signing Aaron Woods at 600K a season. Now he's an excellent front rower already and will get even better, but could this mean anything in relation to DCE? Surely they can't spend that kind of money without losing someone big?

They would rather give 600k to Aaron Woods instead of pay DCE what he's owed? If that's the case, they must realize he's already gone.

They would rather give 600k to Aaron Woods instead of pay DCE what he's owed? If that's the case, they must realize he's already gone.

Or the whole story of DCE not being paid what he's owed is a total load of bullshit.

Seriously, i can't see how Manly would even consider letting DCE go .... especially if, as speculated, it's only for a petty 200K.

He is a player they will build their future around along with Foran ..... they'll do whatever it takes to keep both those players there.

The reality is, if they can afford to pay Woods or any other player $600k, the story about losing DCE over a 200k shortfall is just that, a story. Sorry to rain on your parade.

The reality is, if they can afford to pay Woods or any other player $600k, the story about losing DCE over a 200k shortfall is just that, a story. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Or they will be using DCEs money to get Woods. They will be unlikely to retain both Foran and DCE as both players would go very close to the $1 million mark on the open market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• kman
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.