Darius Boyd

Did you like it? Just out of interest.

One week ban worthy IMO.

In junior footy for example, the referee used to check if we all had the appropriate studding on the bottom of our boots before each game.

Perhaps the ref/s should line up both teams before the match and check if the player's shorts drawstrings are competently tied up before play commences. [icon_lol1.

I'm almost convinced the nuffies running around in the NRL competition nowdays almost wish for the public/other players on the field to see their exposed bottom halves on a weekly basis.

Emma said:
Wendell on the Today show this morning said he's going to take Darius under his wing and teach him how to work the camera - god help us all if there winds up to be another Wendell out there!

Wendell coming back to rugby league is the best thing to happen to the game in years. We need more of him.

Steve said:
Emma said:
Wendell on the Today show this morning said he's going to take Darius under his wing and teach him how to work the camera - god help us all if there winds up to be another Wendell out there!

Wendell coming back to rugby league is the best thing to happen to the game in years. We need more of him.
Oh I agree, but I'm not sure the world is ready for more like him!

Silence, back in the day I would have enjoyed seeing Wendell's arse on the telly....but that was before his middle age spread set in!

schmix said:
The fact is, he comes across as a knob.

So he came across as himself then. Good on him for being true to himself I say.

Silence said:
In junior footy for example, the referee used to check if we all had the appropriate studding on the bottom of our boots before each game.

Slight OT - but I saw the ref's do this before the Broncos game on Sunday!! I haven't seen it for ages!

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
FFS, ok then, if press conferences are just a waste of time why don't all players and coaches just refuse to do them.

Yeah, that's great PR for rugby league.

**** you people have NO idea.

Relax old son.

We're saying it's a waste of time because of the way the Players and some coaches respond to the questions. (Stupid lame cliche's, players that can't string a sentence together etc)

Like a certain Qld and Broncos centre

Silence said:
Just out of interest, what's everyone's favourite/most hated/annoying Rugby League cliches?
It's amazing how often a league player's answer to a question starts with "definitely" or "for sure".

For sure NPK.

That's actually a really good observation. icon_thumbs_u

NPK, up against the Broncos, excited about facing your old mates?

Silence said:
Just out of interest, what's everyone's favourite/most hated/annoying Rugby League cliches?

The ones which just keep rearing their ugly heads week in week out.

A good old favourite which springs to mind quite easily is "Just taking it week by week mate".

That repeated incessantly over the course of a season really grinds my gears.

This had been done to death.
1) Not worrying about the opposition - bla bla bla
2) Forwards have to do the job - bla bla bla
3) Going out there and giving it 110% - bla bla bla
4) We knew we had to go out there and improve our attitude...
5) They have a strong side and we have to be on our game to stop them...

same old same old.

Most legue players have boring and pre-scripted answers... Nothing new.

I know its a generalisation but most young rugby league players seem to have poor vocab/interview/communication/literacy skills - or however you want to spin it. Add to this the crappy questions the media always ask and this is what you get IMO.

I like the ol "theres been a few things we've had to work on at training"..."complete our sets"..."get a good kick-chase"..."forwards lay the platform"...

This is why I don't watch or pay any attention to player/manager/coach interviews. They're completely pointless.

More cliches: "We talked about it during the week" and "Full credit to the boys".

Active Now

• heartly87
  • BRC088
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • upthehorse
  • Allo
  • ozzball
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BruiserMk1
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.