OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Imagine the boost it’d give the boys if Davey goes you know what, we are in this together and we are going to restore the glory of this club so I’ll stay.

He won’t though because he is a mercenary who cares about himself and his mum and no-one else.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I hope the Broncos pull their offer. This kid is an asshole and not worth the money. He has treated the club and it’s fans like a joke through all of this and at some stage the club has to stand for something.
And then I hope the video and information about what he actually did in Bali somehow gets released. I’m over it as well

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
He won’t though because he is a mercenary who cares about himself and his mum and no-one else.
So the media speculate...

It was stated a long time ago his contract may not be sorted till the end of the year due to his management issues. It's entirely just as likely that he's still trying to work through that problem and all this crap in the media is nothing but conjecture.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
I want him to stay but if he goes to the Titans we can use the cap space set aside to bring in 2 or 3 players to make the team stronger overall. We need to stop paying overs for players no matter how good they are. He only has to do his ACL and we are fucked and we do have history with these types of injuries.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Why did we sign Croft when we had Dearden? How much is he on? Be interesting if the Croft money was going to be the protection for Fifita.
From what I remember, it's not much for the first 2 years, just carrying over the Storm salary? Not sure about the 3rd, I'd imagine it would be a bit higher, but can't imagine it being very high either.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I want him to stay but if he goes to the Titans we can use the cap space set aside to bring in 2 or 3 players to make the team stronger overall. We need to stop paying overs for players no matter how good they are. He only has to do his ACL and we are fucked and we do have history with these types of injuries.
$700k apparently only gets you 1.5 Offa's... hardly something to hold out for.

More like;y the money set aside for him will go to shoring up the current players... Herbie off contract this year and Staggs, Coates, Dearden, etc. are off contract next year.

The money from Milf and Bird is more likely to buy us a few good signings

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Carl Webb and Dave Taylor looked like once in a generation players when they burst on to the scene.....we all know how their careers developed. Fifita is not worth a million yet and may never be, we need to hold our ground and let Fifita make his decision without the Titans offer pressuring us into paying overs.

Taylor especially. I think the Coaltrain is both one of my favourite and one of my most loathed players at the same time. If he could ever have got Cronks work ethic implanted in his brain he would be the greatest forward that we have seen play Rugby League imo. Such a waste of talent.
[automerge]1595577188[/automerge]

We need to spend our money on a 1,6,7 and 9 more than we need Fifita, even though he is a superstar in the making.

Last edited:
Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
So the media speculate...

It was stated a long time ago his contract may not be sorted till the end of the year due to his management issues. It's entirely just as likely that he's still trying to work through that problem and all this crap in the media is nothing but conjecture.
Been hoping the crap coming out of the Titans is conjecture but sadly I doubt it.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Maybe Bullimoor is going to Raiders to get game time and will come back next season as Fifita's replacement.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
If the choice was down to playing at either one of two basket cases, I’m going to the one that pays the most without thinking about it.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
I'm over it, **** him off!
This.
The way him and his mum have handled this situation has made me dislike him a lot, **** him off, let the Titans have him.
He is a great player no doubt, but the lack of loyalty he has shown in these negotiations with the club that saved his ass from a Bali jail cell have been nothing short of offensive.
If the Broncos are serious about getting their culture back, they need to get rid of these mercenary types and keep players loyal to the club.

Last edited:
W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
$700k apparently only gets you 1.5 Offa's... hardly something to hold out for.

More like;y the money set aside for him will go to shoring up the current players... Herbie off contract this year and Staggs, Coates, Dearden, etc. are off contract next year.

The money from Milf and Bird is more likely to buy us a few good signings
Great perspective!

Fifita is already far more than 1.5 x the player Ofahengaue is / ever will be.

Imagine being Haas knowing Ofahengaue is being paid the same...

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I would like to point out that if we didn’t sign Croft, we’d surely be able to up the offer but Never that much though I’d be furious if they did.
I’m turning sour on this kid, so he won’t sign because of his agent but then he’s considering a massive offer from the titans for longer then one year? Wtf is actually going on?
Just speculation on my part but it seems his mum has dollar signs in her eyes and wants that cash. This definitely has the potential to ruin him long term, that much money for a backrower basically expected to win them every game. The pressure will pile right the **** up real quick young fella.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
**** it. Pull the offer. Send him a bill for Bali. Move on.
What bill? He paid his own fine. Everyone acts like we were amazing to him over there but what did we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Midean
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  • Lostboy
  • The Strapper
  • ezpz
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • TimWhatley
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.