OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
The staff that flew over. The legal advice. The support in general. He was just a tourist at that point in time.
I mean didn’t one bloke go over? It’s not like we moved heaven and earth for him.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I would like to point out that if we didn’t sign Croft, we’d surely be able to up the offer but Never that much though I’d be furious if they did.
I’m turning sour on this kid, so he won’t sign because of his agent but then he’s considering a massive offer from the titans for longer then one year? Wtf is actually going on?
Just speculation on my part but it seems his mum has dollar signs in her eyes and wants that cash. This definitely has the potential to ruin him long term, that much money for a backrower basically expected to win them every game. The pressure will pile right the **** up real quick young fella.
We're anywhere from $300k to $500k short... Croft is being subsidized by Melbourne so he wouldn't be on anywhere near that.

We'd also have to spend $110k on someone else in the top 30.

The money from titans is ridiculous and no one can compete with that for a second rower... if he takes the money we use it on someone else. Dearden is off contract end of 2021 and if he comes good then we will need cash for him.

If there's one thing that is abundant in the league it's second rowers... we have Piakura in the juniors who looks a very solid prospect on both sides of the ball. Also suggestions that Bullemor could be handy on the edge.

Fifita moving on frees up cap space for next year and additional years moving forward... easing our current pressures and allowing us to reset earlier than expected.

We can always go back for Fifita when titans continue to be in a heap and he buys his mum 3 houses.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
No way the club should offer anymore than they have. I am happy they are standing their ground. If he goes, it will suck but so be it. Let's talk about who is available to sign on that money?

I'm all for a million a year offer to Grant but who else can be signed for Fifita's + Boyd's + Kahu's money?

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
Would you give up $800k because some bloke did his job after you’d just been shaken down for $30k?

He was a bogan tourist. Would your boss send someone over for you?
Edit to add I self identify as a bogan tourist.

Last edited:
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Great perspective!

Fifita is already far more than 1.5 x the player Ofahengaue is / ever will be.

Imagine being Haas knowing Ofahengaue is being paid the same...

View attachment 8944

'I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes you'll never make it as an overpaid forward.'

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If we lose Fifita blow the club up - everyone goes and start from scratch. He is basically the one player that we have groomed that we need to keep as he is easily the best of the bunch. Despite this the club has managed to stuff it up giving contracts to everyone else.

i beg to differ ... if we match the Titans offer to retain him, it will be a huge monumental unforgivable **** up from the club

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would like to point out that if we didn’t sign Croft, we’d surely be able to up the offer but Never that much though I’d be furious if they did.
I’m turning sour on this kid, so he won’t sign because of his agent but then he’s considering a massive offer from the titans for longer then one year? Wtf is actually going on?
Just speculation on my part but it seems his mum has dollar signs in her eyes and wants that cash. This definitely has the potential to ruin him long term, that much money for a backrower basically expected to win them every game. The pressure will pile right the **** up real quick young fella.

then signing Croft is a very good thing ... so the club can't be tempted to get into a bidding war with the Titans and pay massive overs for Fifita

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
i beg to differ ... if we match the Titans offer to retain him, it will be a huge monumental unforgivable **** up from the club
Definitely this. If we agree are dumb enough to pay 1.2M for a backrower, we may as well get the wooden spoon cabinet prepped. It's what shit clubs do. That 500k is enough to buy a good prop/second backrower to support Fifita.

Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

QCup Player
Oct 23, 2016
Look for a last minute offer from the roosters after SBW finishes with another premiership they will easily have enough to snare Fifita from under our noses.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
Definitely this. If we agree are dumb enough to pay 1.2M for a backrower, we may as well get the wooden spoon cabinet prepped. It's what shit clubs do. That 500k is enough to buy a good prop/second backrower to support Fifita.

Yeah there is a reason they have to fork out that much to even be considered by quality players.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
He was a bogan tourist. Would your boss send someone over for you?
Edit to add I self identify as a bogan tourist.
Walking the streets of Bali with a Bintang tallie is my happy place.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Seibs when he finds out Fifita is gone...
99AD2944 6E03 4FE3 85A4 404097B83012

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I think the way Seibold reacted to the Fifita question in the press conference tonight was the biggest indication yet that he is off to the titans.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yep he's gone, get used to it lads sadly.
[automerge]1595595683[/automerge]
But I tell you what, the Titans are going to have an extremely decent and promising forward pack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.