Demetriou gone

Saw an article earlier.

"New South Sydney coach gets his man"

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Souths don't want any of Wayne's staff from the Broncos because they're happy with what's there now. Wayne says he is happy with the South Sydney staff so won't be bringing anyone with him. The Broncos fire Demetriou. Souths sign Demetriou and the media makes it out to be some kind of coup for Wayne and the club. FMD these muppets are killing me.

Saw an article earlier.

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Souths don't want any of Wayne's staff from the Broncos because they're happy with what's there now. Wayne says he is happy with the South Sydney staff so won't be bringing anyone with him. The Broncos fire Demetriou. Souths sign Demetriou and the media makes it out to be some kind of coup for Wayne and the club. FMD these muppets are killing me.

I hope Bennett is more than happy with his staff and players. That way, he can keep his filthy old hands off ours

Sensible move by Demetriou, he can try for the St George job if it comes up during next year and if not hold the fort and try and replace Bennett at Souths.

Saw an article earlier.

It's common to take your assistants with you, and I have no doubt Wayne always wanted to bring JD along, but he got told by the club he couldn't

Of course he is going to say he is happy with the assistants Souths are giving him.....what else can he say?

With JD's sacking, Wayne will have gone to old Rusty and said sign up this up and coming star right now, so he did :)

Simples :)

Sounds like a good news story all round. I'm not sure why anyone would think it a good idea to be vindictive to either Bennet, Demetriou or South's.
We need to be focussed on our own future and developing what we have.
That means establishing a long term plan to develop pathways for local juniors, build up the skills, resilliance and athleticism of younger players, whilst giving a platform for senior players deemed worthy to be leaders.
None of that involves former coaches or opposition clubs.

It's common to take your assistants with you, and I have no doubt Wayne always wanted to bring JD along, but he got told by the club he couldn't

Of course he is going to say he is happy with the assistants Souths are giving him.....what else can he say?

With JD's sacking, Wayne will have gone to old Rusty and said sign up this up and coming star right now, so he did :)

Simples :)

To clarify, by Muppets I meant the media. Got no issue with what Wayne said or Souths signing JD etc. It's just funny that the article I read made it sound like this was their intention all along and they'd been going hard for JD.

Don't think we will truly see Jason's value until he steps out of WBs shadow

What is the article about the tweet from the souths nuffy having a crack at the Broncos over us firing him?

Apparently they conducted an "extensive search and interview process" before signing JD ... Lol

Of course they did.

Richo: "Wayne? Wayne? Anyone seen Wayne?" "Oh Wayne, there you are I have been searching for you, We need to interview for your assistant"
Wayne: "It's Jason"
Richo: "process complete".

You guys don't remember how great our attack was in 2015..?? That's when Walters was in charge of the halves and attack.
Next year we were shit.
So Wayne got him back only to not give him the same feedoms he had in 15 (cause he was threatened by an assistant over shinning him)
So kevvie left, stating r re the "wanted to just focus on origin"
Truth is Walters was getting constantly undermined and had his hands tied

The attack was much improved, but it was the defence that stood out.

Points Scored
2015: 574
2016: 554
2017: 597
2018: 556

Points Conceded
2015: 379
2016: 434
2017: 433
2018: 500

SOS Kearney.

Rabbitohs football manager takes aim at Broncos on Twitter for sacking Jason Demetriou
The Broncos-Rabbitohs rivalry has kicked up another gear after a senior South Sydney official unloaded on Brisbane’s decision to sack assistant coach Jason Demetriou.
Demetriou was given his marching orders last week following Wayne Bennett’s dismissal and the arrival of new coach Anthony Seibold.
Rabbitohs football manager Brock Schaefer slammed the Broncos in a tweet, which has since been deleted.
“A club choosing to sack JD is easily one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen in Rugby League and I’ve seen some things,” Schaefer tweeted.
Compare this pedigree to any other Assistant in the NRL (and many head coaches). As Head Coach - Promotion’s in UK, 2 Minor Premierships, 1 Premiership in QRL, 1 NSWRL Premiership, 2 NRL State Championships and an NRL Premiership as an Assistant....
— Brock Schaefer (@brock_sport) December 6, 2018
Schaefer was Northern Pride CEO while Demetriou was coach at the Intrust Super Cup club in Cairns.
Demetriou will land on his feet though after linking up with Bennett at South Sydney.
His move to Redfern was expertly managed by Demetriou and Bennett.
Bennett denied Demetriou would be joining him, forcing the Broncos to sack Demetriou with a year to run on his contract and issue him a payout.
Demetriou was then able to formalise a deal with the Rabbitohs for 2019.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...u/news-story/6ed6c72d3dbc4440085f07647dc5ad6a

Bennett denied Demetriou would be joining him, forcing the Broncos to sack Demetriou with a year to run on his contract and issue him a payout.
Demetriou was then able to formalise a deal with the Rabbitohs for 2019.
Hmm... sounds familiar.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • cento
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Galah
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.