Denan Kemp Circle Jerk

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Why did a Kemp circle jerk begin before an SJ circle jerk? SJ deserves first circle jerk privileges.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
My reaction when I saw this thread.

2zg55dc.gif

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I think if we had 2 quality wingers most here wouldn't even talk about Kemp. The fact that we had a spud like Maranta on the wing is why so many are screaming out for Kemp.

Yes....this is the saddest part. Arguing over the "greatness" of the ex-soccer player, Denan Kemp.

553887_10151415187252637_531191883_n_zpsc5a9128c.jpg

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Where did this story of Kemp being forced out of the club come from? :001_unsure:

Someone I know met Denan in 2008 the week he signed with the Warriors. Person asked why he was leaving. Kemp said he didn't want to, but the Broncos didn't make him an offer, and "is 1 player worth losing 4 players?"

So yes, at least in kemp's eyes he was forced out.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I'd imagine we didn't make him an offer because of Folau, but even if we did, it wouldn't have been close to what the Worriers were offering. We'll never really know if he would have stayed for less.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't even understand why people are hating on Kemp. He produced some magic moments for us. I'd prefer to remember him for those.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If kemp wants a spot in the nrl side. He needs to play good enough footy that he can no longer be over looked and demands selection. End of story.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Totally agree that Kemp shouldn't just walk into the team, and the fact he's had an injury plagued start to the year will hurt him.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I think he should just walk into the team, definitely. Prince did, admittedly after some good trials, but he hasn't shown much since. Kemp should be given a spot right now because he is Kemp. He always lifts for first grade footy, that's where he is meant to be. A little faith has to be shown and he will own the position. All you doubters will have to eat your words if he ever gets a call up. Come on Griffin, you know you want to pick him.... do it... do it. Hell put Kempy in the halves to replace Prince, he will do a better job, he's got magic hands. I want them to touch me where it feels funny... ok ok, sorry I took it too far.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think he should just walk into the team, definitely. Prince did, admittedly after some good trials, but he hasn't shown much since. Kemp should be given a spot right now because he is Kemp. He always lifts for first grade footy, that's where he is meant to be. A little faith has to be shown and he will own the position. All you doubters will have to eat your words if he ever gets a call up. Come on Griffin, you know you want to pick him.... do it... do it. Hell put Kempy in the halves to replace Prince, he will do a better job, he's got magic hands. I want them to touch me where it feels funny... ok ok, sorry I took it too far.

Your taking the p*** right?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Prince may have earned his spot in the trials, but so did Kemp. In fact, he was so impressive in the second trial that when he was not named for the 3rd one everyone who saw him play assumed he'd done enough to impress for a starting spot. And assumed they were putting the other prospective wingers on in the 3rd game to see who comes out on top for the other wing.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Exactly Morkel, he did well, better than the other wingers. If it was good enough for Prince then it should of been enough for Kemp. I thought maybe Griffin was throwing him back to QCup to get some fitness first, and hell maybe he is. These injuries are probably what's holding him back, hopefully he can get fully fit and then go on to score some first grade action.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Kahu plays well Kemp is no hope of getting in the team short of an injury

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Unfortunately I think you're right. But I don't think Kahu will, he will get sent back after a few more games.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
what you think it would be a bad thing for Kahu to play well on the wing? are you serious?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
No definitely not, I really hope he goes well, enough to play himself into fullback next year (if we get no-one else). What I am saying is, this is first year in first grade and I don't think he will be able to keep it up. I think he will get a few games and then get dropped.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
You're possibly right tkday, I wouldn't put it past Hook having Maranta and Kahu on some form of rotation to allow both to gain valuable experience in first grade. However with the right form one of them can also cement a wing spot.

While everyone is rightfully concerned with the spine, the Broncos 2-5 don't have much experienced depth and seem to be the most injury riddled part of the team.

Yow Yeh, Copely both gone for the season likely and Hodges always up and down. The only consistent player game time wise is Reed, It's important that some guys get experience and confidence for when they are needed.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
That's a very good point, we definitely have not had consistency in those positions, but if Kahu doesn't perform well either then that's when I can see Kemp coming in (provided he has had a few good games in QCup without injury or illness)

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • Manofoneway
  • Browny
  • Mustafur
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • heartly87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • kman
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.