Denan Kemp Circle Jerk

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
As much as I want Kemp to do well and would love to see him on the wing. Kahu carving it up is much better for our future.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
He can carve it up in the fullback role or him and Kemp can share the wings :)

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Has anyone actually watched enough of Kemp play to form some sort of rational opinion of his form?

What are his injuries?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Has anyone actually watched enough of Kemp play to form some sort of rational opinion of his form?

What are his injuries?

When he's been fit, he's been pretty awesome. There were a few games when he was average - a couple of wet games that didn't suit his style and others where he had no room to move. But if he's had the slightest sniff of space he's taken advantage of it. And is most definitely working his arse off.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
When he's been fit, he's been pretty awesome. There were a few games when he was average - a couple of wet games that didn't suit his style and others where he had no room to move. But if he's had the slightest sniff of space he's taken advantage of it. And is most definitely working his arse off.

Thanks

:confused1: Then why isn't he in the team, Kahu to FB and Norman to where ever

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Thanks

:confused1: Then why isn't he in the team, Kahu to FB and Norman to where ever
Because Norman IS the best first grade fullback at the club right now, just because he is leaving next season doesn't mean we shouldn't field him if he is the best one in that position.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Because Norman IS the best first grade fullback at the club right now, just because he is leaving next season doesn't mean we shouldn't field him if he is the best one in that position.

Norman is not the best FB at the club right now, he is simply better than Hoffman, and we dumbed out on signing Dugan. If Kahu is to be our future FB, then now is the time to give him a go, not play Norman

And, we had no trouble dumping Hodges when signed elsewhere somewhat unexpectedly.

If Kemp is as good as what I've heard, why is he not in the top grade? So Norman can get first grade experience for the Eels next year?

According to many forum pundits, our lousy halves and dummy half imply we will barely make the top 8 if at all. So then now is the time to give Kahu a go at the back and Kemp on the wing

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I've heard Kemp has been ordinary at best, worse than Berryman and Georgetown actually, even though those two aren't putting the world on fire.
He hasn't been able to replicate his 2008 form anywhere, and it's been 5 years!

FMD, we can't just go on selecting players based on highlight reels...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Norman is not the best FB at the club right now, he is simply better than Hoffman,

I disagree with that. He's better for us right now because of his (limited) ball playing. But Hoffman is still the better fullback overall, in terms of defence, kick returns, running etc.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'm sure Corey Parker would be even better in terms of defence, kick returns and running... Should we put him at fullback?

Without attacking instincts, you can't be a fullback in the modern game, period!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I disagree with that. He's better for us right now because of his (limited) ball playing. But Hoffman is still the better fullback overall, in terms of defence, kick returns, running etc.

Should Hoffa ever get to play at the back again, and he comes into the line at the right time, helps (if needed to) position his outside man or men and passes the ball at the right time, and follows in support, then I will agree Hoffman is the better FB.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Not another fullback complaint. Give it a rest.

Why give the discussion a rest? Norman goes to the Eels. We get Kahu. Why did we bother signing Kemp?

I look at his Player Profile on the team website for Kemp: "If he can produce the match winning form he displayed in previous stints at the Broncos he could be the buy fo the season."

He is hardly going to show what he can do at NRL level playing with the juniors, or are we now saying the QCup is as challenging and inspiring as NRL?

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
The Norman vs Hoffman debate is annoying.

It's the same crap every week, all of you are basically answering your own questions.

We already know how this is going to end.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Norman vs Hoffman debate is annoying.

It's the same crap every week, all of you are basically answering your own questions.

We already know how this is going to end.

Indeed. Kemp stays in QCup for the rest of his career. Another great signing

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Norman is not the best FB at the club right now, he is simply better than Hoffman, and we dumbed out on signing Dugan. If Kahu is to be our future FB, then now is the time to give him a go, not play Norman

And, we had no trouble dumping Hodges when signed elsewhere somewhat unexpectedly.

If Kemp is as good as what I've heard, why is he not in the top grade? So Norman can get first grade experience for the Eels next year?

According to many forum pundits, our lousy halves and dummy half imply we will barely make the top 8 if at all. So then now is the time to give Kahu a go at the back and Kemp on the wing

I feel you're wrong, Yes he is better than Hoffman and you're right there. But You're wrong in saying he isn't the best fullback.. Who is better? I don't mean guys like Bond who have the potential, as much as I love Bond he is unproven at NRL level.

And don't compare Hodges years ago to Norman now, You can't that would be stupid. Hodges wasn't our best option then and back then was just a potentially talented player not the 'best option'.

Kemp isn't 'as good as you hear' Kemp is a highlight package player that a few forum members are hyping based on youtube highlights, anyone saying different is full of shit.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Kahu to fullback. Kemp to wing.

Norman left right out.

/end

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • davidp
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Mr Fourex
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.