Discussion about Wayne Bennett

Yeah even I agree he was shit last year but I wouldn't say he had such influence as claimed by AP to cost us a place in the finals, theres a lot of contributing factors then just two as claimed, the forwards contribution is a good example, great from some, pissweak by the majority, there was a period during the season where the forwards simply weren't giving the platform needed for the halves and backs to utilise.

The Rock said:
Anyone who wouldn't put in that number 3) as a top contributing factor to our downfall last year is honestly retarded.

Agreed. Or they have a massive agenda. Maybe both.

Re: Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

mrslong said:
Gasnier & Cooper = Over the hill, hope NSW pick them again.
Michael Weyman = only became a rep player under WB
Ben Hornby = Former Australian Halfback (lolz)
Darius Boyd = Only ever been coached by WB
Ben Creagh = A talented player, reached his full potential under....WB, but I'll give this one to AP
Jamie Soward = still hasn't repped for Aus or NSW. Before WB could barely crack first grade.
Wendell Sailor = Ummm
Brett Morris = Debuted as a rep player under WB, but yes was always going to be a star.
Dean Young = Average forward until WB came along and taught them discipline.
Jeremy Smith = A wonderful player, WB purchased from CB. AP can have this one.
Beau Scott = Rep for NSW. Ha ha. Should never have been picked imo. The only reason he was...WB.

So what exactly is your point AP?
WB brought these guys to their full potential it seems to me.

Imagine what he'll do with the young guns at the Broncos *IF* he comes back. 8-)

Actually no, Brett Morris wasn't always going "to be a star"

His father was my high school teacher and told me that Josh has all the wraps and Brett is not 'as good'.

Now before WB arrived he was playing for a club side somewhere in Wollongong.

Kudos to Wayne

The Rock said:
AP forgot one of the most important ones though.

3) Our pathetic forward pack that got dominated nearly every week and our poor defence mainly in the forwards, mainly due to our inability to rap up the ball carrier.

Add that in, and I'd agree 100%.

Anyone who wouldn't put in that number 3) as a top contributing factor to our downfall last year is honestly retarded.

i would like to add in wallaces defense, that he had to do alot in defense cos no other bastard was, and i think that affected his attack, as well as the shoulder injury he played for most of the year with. granted he did play poorly in attack but no more poorly than lockyer in defense.

Lockyer has never been on the team for his expert tackling skills.

Nashy said:
not at 5/8th at least.

he was one of the best 1-on-1 tacklers youll ever see in his heyday at fullback.

Anonymous person said:
Nashy said:
not at 5/8th at least.

he was one of the best 1-on-1 tacklers youll ever see in his heyday at fullback.

I don't think we'll ever see a better defensive fullback. He was phenomenal.

Will never forget that night at Parramatta in 2000, when he made 3 of the best front on tackles you will ever see from a fullback. One in particular when an Eels attacker was about a metre from the line and Locky just put him on his back. Great stuff.

Jeba said:
Will never forget that night at Parramatta in 2000, when he made 3 of the best front on tackles you will ever see from a fullback. One in particular when an Eels attacker was about a metre from the line and Locky just put him on his back. Great stuff.
now i know youll all just think im saying it because i 'support' the storm, but Billy Slater is the only other player ive seen get within a country mile of Lockyer in terms of 1-on-1/goalline defence.

that tackle to save a try in the third origin this year was just breathtaking.

Lockyer had his moments in d and improved significantly by 2003 but geez there were a lot of times he'd get beaten before he'd round up the player thanks in part to cover.

Stewart is probably the best I've seen consistently, Dugan looks the goods and Luke Phillips in the 2000 GF is one of the best defensive fullback games I've seen.

Big Pete said:
Luke Phillips in the 2000 GF is one of the best defensive fullback games I've seen.
for sure.

without him, the Roosters lose that game by 30+. was a shame to see injuries ruin his career.

and yeah, that lockyer tackle on devere in the origin.....wow.

The most impressive thing about Locky's defense at the back was not just his ability to execute, but to consistently make the correct decision. He was almost always in the correct position, chose the right man to attack, held back or rushed at the correct moment, came at the right angle etc.

Not just tackling ever. Remember the sliding grab in Origin 3, 2002 after the Blues put the grubbing kick through? Outstanding.

The Rock said:
In both attack and defence, Lockyer's ability to be in the right place at the right time was phenomenal.

Still is.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Hurrijo
  • Skyblues87
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Howie
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • mystico
  • heartly87
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.