Dity Rats of Origin

It won't. It's a no win situation for McCallum or the NSWRL if they choose to. It'll just further drive a wedge between QLD and NSW and create more drama.

I hope it does, could you imagine the trial and the **** that would come out. IMO NSW wont let it go that far because certain truths would come out and that would embarrass and potentially end people careers.

It would be awesome if it went to court.

I was saying to this missus earlier... this is going to get big imo.

Law firm hired to sue Mal Meninga

If you thought State of Origin was brutal, get ready for the sequel: a no-holds-barred courtroom fistfight between Mal Meninga and NSW officials.
As Queensland heavyweights predictably rallied to Meninga's aid in the wake of his extraordinary attack on NSW, the judiciary and the NRL match review committee, his targets, prepared their case to see him in court over alleged defamation.

Now, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the NRL has spoken with Sydney law firm Kennedys about possible defamation against a vitriolic column Meninga penned for Brisbane's Sunday Mail.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-sue-mal-meninga/story-e6frexv9-1226092690773

Can we save seats now.

Mal has obviously struck a nerve. Legal action wouldn't come into this if they weren't as guilty as hell and they know it.

Ricky is also very quiet on this matter. It's gotta be the most quiet he's been all series :eyebrow:

Here's the reply from Ricky's lap dog..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...er-average-coach/story-e6frext9-1226092689099

The Tele' is a joke, they have been pushing the agenda of certain individuals for years. Have a look at who broke all the 'inside word' stories about Rick's pick and stick policy or softened the public up for Haynes snubbing and then inclusion. He has obviously been feeding them lines. Have a look at the articles they run on Ricky, I think you'll find that for his achievements and status he gets a more than fair run.

This could get entertaining over the coming days.

It should make next years series rather spicy :cheesy:

Here's the reply from Ricky's lap dog..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...er-average-coach/story-e6frext9-1226092689099

The Tele' is a joke, they have been pushing the agenda of certain individuals for years. Have a look at who broke all the 'inside word' stories about Rick's pick and stick policy or softened the public up for Haynes snubbing and then inclusion. He has obviously been feeding them lines. Have a look at the articles they run on Ricky, I think you'll find that for his achievements and status he gets a more than fair run.

This could get entertaining over the coming days.

I'm not liking it. The theatre of "Us vs Them" is one thing, but this is getting petty, personal and vindictive. I think it's a bad look for all involved, and the game in general.

I'm not liking it. The theatre of "Us vs Them" is one thing, but this is getting petty, personal and vindictive. I think it's a bad look for all involved, and the game in general.
Doesn't that apply to any Phil Rothfield article?

Pathetic "journalist".

Doesn't that apply to any Phil Rothfield article?

Pathetic "journalist".

Yeah but issues like this give him oxygen in the public eye. Most people write him off as a crank, but when people make a big deal of it it gives him undeserved credibility.

Meninga posted a "note" on facebook about this all.

[h=2]My Rant, Weirdness and Madness[/h]

by Mal Meninga on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 11:25am

Hi everyone. Boy what a hectic time!! Yes I have created some controversy with my article but I can't stand around and cop the personal attack about my coaching, my processes or how I manage the team. The media propanganda was all designed around bringing down our great Queensland team. I have no problems with the use of the media with instilling the passion back into their players and supporters. I love the banter between the states, its great for the game, as long as its above the belt and its not a personal attack. I certainly never made or will make comments about individuals but it has eroded my faith in where the game is going!!!
I love the game BUT there is a belief that I am expendable in the overall big picture plans. Moving forward, our code's future depends on teams like Queensland that displays the traits and humility that Rugby League should be praising not breaking down. I want to play a part in the future of our game but after recent events it makes it very hard!!!!

Again thanks for your support. We are truly blessed to witness such a great Team perform in what is one of the hardest sporting arena in the world...

Mal has obviously struck a nerve. Legal action wouldn't come into this if they weren't as guilty as hell and they know it.

Ricky is also very quiet on this matter. It's gotta be the most quiet he's been all series :eyebrow:

'Guilty as hell' of what? Upsetting Mal Meninga? If there was something else that might come out and vindicate Mal, I can't imagine the members of the judiciary spending tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees (plus any damages) for the privilege of being found out. If they're really taking him to court, they're confident that they're in the right.

'Guilty as hell' of what? Upsetting Mal Meninga? If there was something else that might come out and vindicate Mal, I can't imagine the members of the judiciary spending tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees (plus any damages) for the privilege of being found out. If they're really taking him to court, they're confident that they're in the right.

Upsetting the QLD team. Get under their skin. Put them off their game. There was definitely an orchestrated media campaign to destabilised the QLD camp. The only doubt is about NSW official involvement. I have no doubt someone was feeding **** to Rothfield. He's not intelligent enough to come up with anything himself. The guy is an amoeba.

You don't talk law suits about a random article that doesn't name names. Something has gone down.

there's some serious bad blood between the two states atm. Coincidence this is all happenning as soon as the Commission is announced?

Anyone having 1980's flashbacks? Wonder how many QLDers will be in the Australian team....HMMMMM!

I can see the court case with the judiciary review/panel & Mal with 1000's of tapes of inconsistancies.

Why aren't they suing, people on forums who post the judiciary are fack wits etc.

but one look at the uate tackle and the taylor tackle proves theyre not in the right. how one can get 0 weeks and the other gets 4 (5 with loading) is beyond comprehension.

I can see the court case with the judiciary review/panel & Mal with 1000's of tapes of inconsistancies.

Why aren't they suing, people on forums who post the judiciary are fack wits etc.

Because people on forums don't count. When someone actually important makes a claim of bias - like Meninga or the Storm management - people actually take notice.

but one look at the uate tackle and the taylor tackle proves theyre not in the right. how one can get 0 weeks and the other gets 4 (5 with loading) is beyond comprehension.

Because one is black & the other isn't. :wink:

I am joking people.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • Jeza23
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Stix
  • Adammacca
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Morepudding
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.