Down hill slide starts now......

I think Tallis is right, we really need a good strong prop. So Thaiday, Glenn and Gillett can take turns.

I'd happily throw Roosters into your 6 teams that have a better roster than us, arguably Newcastle and Sharks as well. Thats now 9 teams before including the team that just stomped us last night so i guess that is why i was surprised that you said we would be in the top 4 mix with the current squad.

I'm not saying its the case with yourself Porthoz, i'm speaking generally but i really think some of our players are looked at as better than they are in terms of talent or potential.
Forgot about the chooks, but I would put them on par with us really. Can't agree with Newcastle or Sharks, at least potential wise...

unfortunately the broncos lost 2 young game breakers that would have been the future of the club. Those two are gagai and yow yeh. Hopefully yow yeh will be back soon. But imagine if it were gagai, yow yeh and hoffman as the back three. A lot of points lost without gagai and yow yeh

we now just have to suffer a few years and hopefully a boom youngster is on the way

:thumbup1: Definitely! At least you are showing some optimism and faith in the team. I too firmly believe that our best form IS still in front of us.

Ok, we MAY not win the premiership this season, but I truly believe we are in capable hands and it won't take much for us to finally click and show the rest of the comp what we ARE capable of.

Don't lose hope guys, now IS the time to dig in and take up the fight!

I admire your optimism Mrs Griffin, but there is a fine line between optimism, blind faith and insanity. In a past life you could have been the Iraqi Information Minister as the yank tanks rolled in.

I don't know why you are so harsh on Gillett, but whatever...

Obviously, consistency is an issue, but that has nothing to do with potential. Out of our current roster:

I'm harsh on Gillett too, he needs to go back to the bench or at the least be substituted, he looks like he has put the cue in the rack, landed a decent contract and put the feet up.
He certainly is not playing with the same aggression and hunger he was 2 years ago, when he came on he made things happen.

I'd really like to see us try and put together a team that isn't 17 second rowers. Some real big bopper props, some genuine pace on the wings/centers. Zippy fullback/halves. Our whole team is interchangeable and it costs us. No one is massive, no one is super fast, no one is super nimble. Everyone is just sort of those things. Biggish, fasting, zippy-ish...

I'm harsh on Gillett too, he needs to go back to the bench or at the least be substituted, he looks like he has put the cue in the rack, landed a decent contract and put the feet up.
He certainly is not playing with the same aggression and hunger he was 2 years ago, when he came on he made things happen.
I really think that the biggest issue Gillett has is called Griffin. Not because he doesn't believe in him, as he obviously does, but because of the way he uses him.
In all honesty, that probably goes for a lot of our players...

We lack a few pieces, like a creative halve and a really good fullback, some depth in the backrow and backs wouldn't go astray either, but that's it.

Before anything else though, we need to fix the attitude and get consistency in this team!
What do you mean "a few pieces"... A creative halve, a really good fullback and depth in our backrow and backs is hardly what you would call a few pieces, more like missing some major pieces.

We are missing the game breaker like souffs has with Inglis, the Dogs with Barba or the Storm and Manly have with their spines, but who in the comp besides the Cows (if we had their roster, I would be standing first in line to sack Henry) and potentially Canberra has a better roster than us?

I'm sure we could be nudging at the top 4 with a well coached team, and are a X-factor player away of actually being top 4. Opinions I guess...

Roosters EASILY have a better squad than us. SBW = X-Factor++. Maloney and Pearce shit on our halves and none of our young backs have the potential of Roger. The Roosters young forwards also show a lot more potential than our equivalents.

Raiders definitely have a better roster than us. Our pack is better but they own us in the backline and in particular the halves.

Cows have a better roster but for some reason are going just as shit. Ditto goes for the Warriors. The Warriors are a seriously talented team and it's a blessing that they don't seem able to fulfil it. If players like Locke, Hurrell, Fisiiahi, Vatuvei, Matulino, Johnson and Mateo all played to their potential then nobody would stop them.

Guys, if this broncos team can play up to the very best of their ability, and do that on a more consistent basis, I firmly believe this team can give the comp a real shake. Overall, I think player for player we HAVE a roster that is in the top 5 most definitely. The big thing lacking at the moment is confidence AND self belief.

It will only take a big performance or two for many of the lads to get their groove back and once we start winning, confidence will flow and so too I believe will the points.

It starts against the raiders boys. We CAN do this!

Just think, the talent pool will be diluted even more when Brisbane get a second team. It is inevitable having a population of over 1000000 in Brisbane alone. It will only get harder to retain players especially being so crap
At the moment.

Guys, if this broncos team can play up to the very best of their ability, and do that on a more consistent basis, I firmly believe this team can give the comp a real shake. Overall, I think player for player we HAVE a roster that is in the top 5 most definitely. The big thing lacking at the moment is confidence AND self belief.

It will only take a big performance or two for many of the lads to get their groove back and once we start winning, confidence will flow and so too I believe will the points.

It starts against the raiders boys. We CAN do this!

Troll or not, mate, you sound like a pre-election politician or a post apocalyptic used car salesman.

While a you mouth some nice platitudes, the key issues of disciplined, rigorous, ruthless coaching of the basics of NRL level football should be the focus, starting with yes, yes, I know ... shithouse line speed in defence, poor tackling, missed tackling, no consistent organizing of set plays, support the ball carrier, etc etc etc.

Talk to me about that first please ... and while you are at it .... no, better not

Last edited:

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Painin the Haas
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • simplythebest
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Evander
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.