FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Haha if there's any club that his injury record will get worse at, it's Chelsea.

I think you guys got a great deal. We would have been interested closer to $35mil. In my view they have paid overs.

Chelsea seemingly the only club prepared to take the risk, good on them he's a good player. Just hope he actually makes it and isn't another one for the scrap heap.
So you are trying to say he's basically worth £18 million. Its no wonder you bin dippers cant get deals done this season.

Chelsea have even more outgoings needed than United do. I see today they want Felix back too.

View attachment 29118

I think they will struggle to sell a lot of those blokes. I think a bit like some of the players you guys want to offload, they are asking too much money for them and they are on money they wont get elsewhere. When they are talking about 40 million for the likes of Broja, and 30 million for Chalobah both who havent really done a great deal in their careers despite their potential, They just arent realistic prices. And the way they are treating some good servants to the club is embarrassing. Chalobah for example isnt even allowed to use their facilities by all accounts.

Rejected FC strikes again 😉
We have to cop the banter unfortunately. Shame on our DoF for not moving quickly enough to pay the buy out clause and trying to negotiate the fee down. The player agreed to the move last week but we messed around too long structuring the deal and Sociedad convinced him to stay loyal to his roots, it happens. There's a lot of LFC fans who think Trent should act the same way towards us so I can't be upset about it.

Football aside, I actually rate the players decision, I would much prefer to live in San Sebastian than in Liverpool haha.

In the overall scheme of things it sucks cause I think that signing would have pushed us into the title race, he's in the top 3 DM's in world football imo (behind Rodri and Tchouameni) and its the clear weakness in our starting XI.

All that said, I'm still comfortable with the quality of the squad and there's enough there to easily finish 3rd, which is what most LFC fans expect from this season.

So you are trying to say he's basically worth £18 million. Its no wonder you bin dippers cant get deals done this season.
I'm happy to cop the banter because I think you might have took the '$' sign in my comment literally. I don't have a pound symbol on my laptop keyboard, I didn't actually mean $35mil in AUD. I'll assume you were converting it to pounds which is where you got 18mil from, which is absurd to think I would even imply that as a reasonable fee.

Completely understand you rate Neto, I do too and have been very vocal about that... my comment wasnt intended to talk him down as a player just simply that I think Chelsea overpaid in this instance, which they have a long track record for doing.

What I won't take, and is completely uncalled for, are derogatory comments aimed at my club and LFC fans. You have lived/live in England and you should know better than to revert to social economic slurs as an emotional response to an opinion. Pull your head in.

If you've got an issue with my posts just let me know and I'll go to another forum.

Looks like Gallagher to Atletico is on the verge of collapsing.

Sander Berge not included in the 20-man Burnley squad for their game vs Luton last night.

Interesting.

Sander Berge not included in the 20-man Burnley squad for their game vs Luton tonight...

Interesting.

He looked a really good player before he went to Sheffield United, then their fans couldnt wait to see the back of him.

Football aside, I actually rate the players decision, I would much prefer to live in San Sebastian than in Liverpool haha.
Yeah this I absolutely agree with. It'll just be more frustrating for LFC fans if he ends up at one of the big 2 in Spain within the next few seasons when he again realises he is never going to be able to achieve trophies of note at Sociedad.

Stats are far from the be all and end all, but Berge season stats track quite well.

The rumoured fee I have issue with though as I think he is a squad player not the starting 6.

Ugarte left out of PSG's training matches, including other unwanted players 👀

Stats are far from the be all and end all, but Berge season stats track quite well.

View attachment 29134

The rumoured fee I have issue with though as I think he is a squad player not the starting 6.

He's quite good, we were linked with him before the Sheffield move and I remember seeing abit of him in UCL years ago.

Whether he's Man United quality is another conversation but the DM market is pretty bare so it would be a good signing.

Jealous that your recruitment team seem to be open to the idea of buying blokes that aren't necessarily their first targets.

What a shock....

And the problem is we can't sell him because he's always injured. He's broken. This is why it's vital we sign a left back this transfer window. Mazraoui can play LB, Dalot played there a bit last season but I would like them to bring someone else in. I don't want to see Amass there because he's just not ready.

What a shock....

And the problem is we can't sell him because he's always injured. He's broken. This is why it's vital we sign a left back this transfer window. Mazraoui can play LB, Dalot played there a bit last season but I would like them to bring someone else in. I don't want to see Amass there because he's just not ready.

I hear you guys are being linked with Chilwell too. That would be awful business.

I'm not huge on Mazraoui given his injury record but when fit he's a decent player. I don't really get the signing though as I actually rate Dalot highly. He has his moments but that entire defence has been exposed over the last few seasons. Both offer more than AWB who just didn't suit what you guys are trying to do.

It's actually getting spooky how reliant ETH seems to be on players he's previously managed rather than taking on and developing new players. Antony, Malacia, De Ligt, Martinez, Onana etc I'm sure there are others.

Before the season starts early tomorrow morning, what's our predictions?

Go top 8, Wolves and what do we think happens with City, so that all our regulars are involved 😉

For me;

1. City - depth and quality is just too good. I'm sure they'll buy another striker to replace Alvarez too.

2. Arsenal - Think they'll push City for most the season again but ultimately won't be able to overturn City.

3. Liverpool - Will score a shit load of goals, little change to squad and style will stay despite manager change. They'll be unfortunately good but again probably not enough depth for a title charge.

4. Man Utd - Depth is better, still not amazing and can't possibly have as many injuries as last season. Think we'll get another trophy along the way while grabbing 4th.

5. Newcastle - they have some great great players, and again can't see them being as hit by injury again. Tonali back also, and no Europe, think they'll be in the mix again.

6. Spurs

7. Chelsea -new manager kills the improvements they had to end last season and they've been proper shit in pre season. Hard to pick.

8. Villa - still rate them but squad is thin for UCL, prem and cups. They have recruited okay though so we'll see.

Wolves I'll go 12th, behind Hammers, Fulham and Brighton.

Promoted 3 will probably all go straight back down.

POTS - Salah. Just think he is going to score bags of goals, and he is consistent.

City - Think they'll be found guilty on some charges and cop a deferred points deduction for the following season. Pep and KDB will certainly not renew.

UCL winner - Madrid will beat Liverpool in the final.

That'll do for now..

As things stand today, i think Arsenal champions but mainly because i think Citeh are going to be in a bit of turmoil. I still think they will finish runners up unless they get a points deduction.

The drop off from Klopp running the show i think could hit Liverpool quite hard because he was a big, big personality. I can see them finishing 3rd or 4th, but wouldnt be surprised to see them as low as 6th. Their recruitment so far has been very poor.

United i think will either be very good and finish 3rd, or they will be a basket case and Gareth and his waistcoat might end up at old trafford. They have made some decent additions tbf.

Spurs, Villa, Chelsea and Newcastle i'm not sure what to expect I would think they are all competing for about that 6th to 10th spot.

West Ham i think will be a dark horse for a top 8 spot along with Palace.

Wolves, i'm thinking we might struggle a bit and be just outside the relegation battle. Neto is a big loss, and i'm not convinced by our new striker. I'm hoping 16th.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • BroncsNBundy
  • jarro65
  • maddo
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.