Ennis For The Exit

Agree Rocky. They have together kept the team together, moving forward. Ennis has been amazing for us.

Although, I think we can breath a sigh of relief that no other outlets have picked up this story. Usually this stuff is all over the place if it's a done deal.

So do we keep every single player ever to pull on a broncos jersey because they might just realise their full potential one day? What if he doesn't reach that potential? If he was to stay and not be as good as he could be, in 2 years time all the naysayers would be begging for Bruno's head on a chopping block for not getting rid of him when he had the chance.

Seriously, players come and players go. That's just how this game and the salary cap works. I'm confident in Marsh's ability to do the job and to help bring a youngster through. I haven't seen this Butterfield a few of you spoke of, but I'm willing to accept your judgement that he could come through into first grade as a back up and groom him to be our long term hooker.

In a weird, masochistic way, I almost hope Ennis plays like absolute shite for the next few weeks, just to see if the tune changes again!

Maybe not play like shite, but just take a few more dives and act like a c*ck on the field as he did against the Titans.

The Rock said:
..Yet. Seriously, If Ennis keeps up this sort of form consistently for the next few years then he'd be wearing Green and Gold for sure. Whether he can keep up this form or not remains to be seen, but he has played sensational this year and him and Wallace are the main reasons why we're looking so good. Do you not see the potential in this guy? Injury-free, he's showing what he is capable of. So for Brisbane to just let him go would be outrages.

That would be my whole argument right there. Without knowing the dollars involved (as none of us do - he could be looking at earning twice as much at the Dogs for all we know) unfortunately he's never shown that level of consistent performance in the NRL until the last 3 weeks. Whether he's been injured or just not at his peak whether it's been for the Broncos, Knights or Dragons he hasn't shown the sort of consistent, week in, week out performance that would justify a long term deal at the expense of chasing a potential superstar of the game (which Ennis will never be, as good as he's been going lately)

Besides, we don't need Marsh to be the hooker for the next 5 years so I don't really see his age as an issue. Don't forget Locky will be coming off the books in the next year or two which will free up some cash should we want to buy another hooker.

Coxy said:
Maybe not play like shite, but just take a few more dives and act like a c*ck on the field as he did against the Titans.
I said almost Coxy, almost hope he plays like shite. The broncos fan part of me can't completely wish for that!

Yet Hodges can milk all the penalties he wants and he's ok?

I never did get that. [icon_shru

I'd hate to lose Ennis but I'd hate to pay overs for him more.

Nashy said:

You more than anyone must know how much I despise Hodges' wanker tactics on the field! Remember Toowoomba!

My view on him as a bloke hasn't changed too much since then, though he did tone it down at the Broncos in his first year or two back. He's slipping back into it now though.

bob the Smasher said:
What is the point of having a forum if we can't discuss the broncos?

Again, I think this is a poor decision if it pans out this way. We have a heap of outside backs, we have 2 hookers.

The only caveat I can see is that there may be a further reduction of interchanges in the wind for next year and beyond, making the 2 hookers option look less favourable. In which case maybe P.J marsh looks the finacially better option.

I still don't agree though. I have whinged for years about the broncos having no comprehension of the importance of the hooker position.

I guess I'll just keep on whinging..

The problem I see is the shortsightedness in thinking Ennis and Marsh are the only options available to the club in the coming seasons, this is far from the case and we have very promising depth in the position coming through in the under 20's that can be developed while utilising PJ Marsh as the shortterm main hooker, I want to keep Ennis don't get me wrong but I'm not subscribing to the view that it is the end of the world if he leaves, we have more depth in the position then we have in previous seasons much as we do in the backline and with Lockyer's departure coming up there will be money available to get one if the need arrises.

If he goes, he goes. The salary cap is real and players aren't going to take a pay cut for the new coach this early, lest do so after the Petero thing.

Ennis is going like a firecracker which is great, but the bigger concern is Locky, Boyd and Hannant.

Coxy said:
Nashy said:

You more than anyone must know how much I despise Hodges' wanker tactics on the field! Remember Toowoomba!

My view on him as a bloke hasn't changed too much since then, though he did tone it down at the Broncos in his first year or two back. He's slipping back into it now though.

Wasn't so much directed at you. God, I'm surprised he wasn't in tears like Gasnier was one game [icon_lol1.

More towards the people who turn a blind eye when that sort of thing happens to one of our somewhat seasoned and respected players.

This Ennis saga is dragging on like the Petero saga.

Just announce if he is staying or going.

Kaz said:
This Ennis saga is dragging on like the Petero saga.

Just announce if he is staying or going.

It's hardly dragging on, it's been all of a day since a rumour started.

Nashy said:
It's hardly dragging on, it's been all of a day since a rumour started.

So, that's dragging on. [icon_lol1.

As soon as it was posted here, there should have been an announcement, either saying the story was true or not.

Without a decent hooker, the wingers would probably never see good ball.
It's simple really; Broncos have to let go of Boyd, Michaels, Kemp, Robinson.
In 2009, the Broncos will have two top class centres in Hodges and Folau.
The Broncos also doesn't have a bad fullback by the name of Hunt.
Just watch the Under 20's, there are some real talent in the backs that could easily field the wing spots.

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folou
4. Hodges
5. Tupou
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Thaiday
11. Parker
12. Sims
13. Moon

I am not fussed as we have Marsh and 2 young kids in our U20s who can step up if given the opportunity.

My big concern is getting Locky back for this year, hopefully next year and then finding a replacement when he retires. If we don't pick up a decent 6 then Folau would be a waste of money as he and our backs won't get ball.

ALH said:
I am not fussed as we have Marsh and 2 young kids in our U20s who can step up if given the opportunity.

My big concern is getting Locky back for this year, hopefully next year and then finding a replacement when he retires. If we don't pick up a decent 6 then Folau would be a waste of money as he and our backs won't get ball.

Yes and no, we haven't exactly struggled without Lockeyr and with him having very little to do on the field now have we?

Slide said:
Without a decent hooker, the wingers would probably never see good ball.
It's simple really; Broncos have to let go of Boyd, Michaels, Kemp, Robinson.
In 2009, the Broncos will have two top class centres in Hodges and Folau.
The Broncos also doesn't have a bad fullback by the name of Hunt.
Just watch the Under 20's, there are some real talent in the backs that could easily field the wing spots.

1. Hunt
2. Yow Yeh
3. Folou
4. Hodges
5. Tupou
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Thaiday
11. Parker
12. Sims
13. Moon

You remind me of someone who loves one player too much.. eusa_think Tupou huh?

Then again there was Elia Tuqiri too..

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
  • Mustafur
  • azza.79
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Gaz
  • Swordfish
  • Nightwatchman
  • Accept
  • broncsgoat
  • Scdeac
  • Wild Horse
  • KnToad
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • Dexter
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.