Enough is Enough - Time to Make Our Voices Heard

Look at what I posted, and look at some of the ripe comments before it. Why are you surprised the club would penalize our players to keep you lot happy?

You told me to shut up. That's your take. So get fucked with your indignation now.

I dont recall telling you to shutup. O.o

I would have been perfectly fine if the Broncos decided to punish Haas and Kelly privately like the Panthers did with May, but to have the NRL interject on this, and not the May situation is fucked.

Probably an unpopular opinion but here goes...

I like the way UFC handle 'off the field' activities. They don't give a ****.

Jon Jones gets arrested 100 times and has DV and drug problems - the law deals with it and he gets fined/charged/jailed whatever, but if he's good to fight then he's there fighting. Dane White even says: "when Jon gets his shit together then we'll see about getting him a fight"

Can't the NRL just let the off field shit be handled by police? If the NRL didn't carry on so much about things off the field, there would be less fuel for the media to carry on with. Don't ban / fine them at all unless they are actually legally charged/locked up. Let the law deal with it. Unless it's drug taking - then test them and let ASADA deal with it.

Media: "Some players were caught on video doing drugs"
NRL: "Drug test them and if they fail they sit out as per the banned substances protocols. Any further action can be taken by police."
Media: "This is an outtrage - these people are role models for children"
NRL: "This is a good opportunity to teach your children what not to do"

🤷‍♂️

Be interesting to see if the new admin do anything. The old admin was emailed en masse a few times from memory, in the Darius Boyd and seibold years of shame.

What are we up to now, admin number 4 or 5 ... doesn't really matter, I expected they be the same on this regard to every single admin in the clubs history.

And even if they did complain... Vlandys and his cronies would just laugh as they increase the penalties

I would have been perfectly fine if the Broncos decided to punish Haas and Kelly privately like the Panthers did with May, but to have the NRL interject on this, and not the May situation is fucked.

the club tried that a couple of years ago to prevent the N(SW)RL getting involved ... at least half the forum were ready to burn down Red Hill in protest over it

the club tried that a couple of years ago to prevent the N(SW)RL getting involved ... at least half the forum were ready to burn down Red Hill in protest over it
Yeah right, you would think it would be preferable to suspensions. A nice fat fine, some extra laps at training etc. As opposed to missing game time.

Okay guys, here's the test for you: Patty Carrigan is the lastest Bronco to get in trouble with the nuns. He's been caught getting on the piss at "Mr Percivals" after the Warriors game. It's been "dealt with internally, and possibly fined (no comment).

Can we let this one go?

Kevvie:

“It’s not acceptable and Pat agrees with that. He has acknowledged that and we have dealt with Pat internally. I feel a bit sorry for Pat. He has had a troubled 18 months and it’s not always fun when you get injured and come back and get injured again. We have dealt with it. We are getting on with things, Pat is getting on with things with his knee. To be honest, I have never seen a player more dedicated to his body and making sure it is right every week.”

“He wasn’t out on the drink, he had two or three beers, which breaks our rules, so we have dealt with him internally. You guys (media) have seen how professional Pat is, that’s the sad thing with this one, Pat is normally so good. It was a little indiscretion. That (whether he's been fined) stays internal, but Pat is aware of the situation, we all are.”

We know this

and we know this

What the hell more do you need to know Mchunt?

You say we dont know the details but we know for a certainty that May was charged by police and is missing no games.
We also know for a certainty that neither Haas nor Kelly were charged by police and they are going to be suspended.
Can I also note that the NRL have not said that May won't be suspended. The decision to date is to not stand him down under the stand down policy like they did with JDB. They are going to wait for the outcome of the police charges and then deal with him.

Okay guys, here's the test for you: Patty Carrigan is the lastest Bronco to get in trouble with the nuns. He's been caught getting on the piss at "Mr Percivals" after the Warriors game. It's been "dealt with internally, and possibly fined (no comment).

Can we let this one go?

Kevvie:

“It’s not acceptable and Pat agrees with that. He has acknowledged that and we have dealt with Pat internally. I feel a bit sorry for Pat. He has had a troubled 18 months and it’s not always fun when you get injured and come back and get injured again. We have dealt with it. We are getting on with things, Pat is getting on with things with his knee. To be honest, I have never seen a player more dedicated to his body and making sure it is right every week.”

“He wasn’t out on the drink, he had two or three beers, which breaks our rules, so we have dealt with him internally. You guys (media) have seen how professional Pat is, that’s the sad thing with this one, Pat is normally so good. It was a little indiscretion. That (whether he's been fined) stays internal, but Pat is aware of the situation, we all are.”
How did this get leaked to the media in the first place?

@Wolfie in crisis

Can I also note that the NRL have not said that May won't be suspended. The decision to date is to not stand him down under the stand down policy like they did with JDB. They are going to wait for the outcome of the police charges and then deal with him.
Exactly.

How did this get leaked to the media in the first place?

@Wolfie in crisis
Sucks being famous:

"spotted sinking schooners at Brisbane bar Mr Percival’s"​

Should they not do the same with Haas? I mean there have been no charges laid and they are looking at suspensions.
May has been charged but will be free to play. Seems backwards to me.

I dont recall telling you to shutup. O.o

By emoji.

If we'd all rally behind our players, give them the benefit of the doubt, and not rush to assume the worst, we're more likely to get a kinder outcome. I can't stand how so many here turn so nasty with so little information. The piling on Payne - this and his contract - is disgusting.

Should they not do the same with Haas? I mean there have been no charges laid and they are looking at suspensions.
Payne will be done and dusted in a day or two. It's a trivial misdemeanor, that's only being punished to appease the fans and gossip mongering public. May's case is ongoing. It's not the NRL's job to prejudge.

You are dealing with a reactive organisation, it sucks, but that is the way it is. If there was no video, it would be nothing.

By emoji.

If we'd all rally behind our players, give them the benefit of the doubt, and not rush to assume the worst, we're more likely to get a kinder outcome. I can't stand how so many here turn so nasty with so little information. The piling on Payne - this and his contract - is disgusting.
Oh man pay no attention to my emoji use, I don't know what half of them mean anyway haha.
In regards to May, he has been charged with assault so what is the court appearance for? Seems pretty cut and dry he was in the wrong, is it a sentencing thing?

Oh man pay no attention to my emoji use, I don't know what half of them mean anyway haha.
In regards to May, he has been charged with assault so what is the court appearance for? Seems pretty cut and dry he was in the wrong, is it a sentencing thing?
I'm not following it, sorry. I'm only saying the Haas/Kelly incident is a bit of window dressing to put a cap on the viral video. It's like getting detention at school. It's mock justice. May is dealing with real world justice.

The only way we can keep our players from being banned for trivial misdemeanors is to not go hard on them in forums like this.

I get being a fan of a failing club has made you cranky - we're all the same boat - but you're just going off half cocked here. Wait until the verdict is brought down. Listen to the reasoning behind it. Ask why the penalty differs from other cases. And then do your little tantrum if you can't understand the reasoning or don't agree with it.

The way it stands, the easiest way to shut down the hysterical broncos fans is to give them the blood they crave. Every time one of our own ***** up in even the smallest way, half the crowd in here wants him strung by the neck. That's not to say you don't want to do something equally sadistic to players from other clubs, but those clubs don't really give a **** what Broncos fans think. The Broncos just need to hand you your corpse to piss on.
Mate why do you have to behave like such a negative knob?

Sitting back and waiting for the NRL to come up with their verdict is too late. They shouldn’t even be looking at this incident. If May had no case to answer then Haas and Kelly certainly don’t.

it’s the double standards we’re pissed off with not the punishment. If, like you we sit back and wait like good little puppies theyll take that as a sign no one gives a shit what they do.

But yeh you continue on with your negative narrative and what will you do if they do decide to give Haas two weeks?

The fact we are already voicing our disgust about the obvious double standards might already make them think twice but we know exactly what happens if we sit and say nothing.

I don’t think I’ve ever had cause to disagree with you mate, but on this occasion I think y
all you’re doing is encouraging the apathy that already exists with some on here.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • maddo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Lurker
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.