Enough is Enough - Time to Make Our Voices Heard

What I'd like to know is why May's punishment is contingent on the outcome of his case, but our guys are being punished despite no case even existing.

Charged with a crime = innocent until proven guilty
Not charged with a crime = guilty (if you're a Bronco, of course)

What I'd like to know is why May's punishment is contingent on the outcome of his case, but our guys are being punished despite no case even existing.

while i think its a dumb reason i think its because there is video evidence of it all over social media so nrl will deem it not a good look.

im sure if there was video of may harrassment the nrl would ban instantly.

again dont agree one bit but thats the joke that is the nrl

Mate why do you have to behave like such a negative knob?

Sitting back and waiting for the NRL to come up with their verdict is too late. They shouldn’t even be looking at this incident. If May had no case to answer then Haas and Kelly certainly don’t.

it’s the double standards we’re pissed off with not the punishment. If, like you we sit back and wait like good little puppies theyll take that as a sign no one gives a shit what they do.

But yeh you continue on with your negative narrative and what will you do if they do decide to give Haas two weeks?

The fact we are already voicing our disgust about the obvious double standards might already make them think twice but we know exactly what happens if we sit and say nothing.

I don’t think I’ve ever had cause to disagree with you mate, but on this occasion I think y
all you’re doing is encouraging the apathy that already exists with some on here.
How am I being negative? I'm one of the few who's been saying all along it's not a big deal. I'm now saying be patient. We don't have all the information.

while i think its a dumb reason i think its because there is video evidence of it all over social media so nrl will deem it not a good look.

im sure if there was video of may harrassment the nrl would ban instantly.

again dont agree one bit but thats the joke that is the nrl
There is video of the May incident.
Well CCTV footage at least of him dragging the victim to the ground.
Dunno if that is better or worse than mobile phone footage, but i dont think it would make a whole lot of difference.

There is video of the May incident.
Well CCTV footage at least of him dragging the victim to the ground.
Dunno if that is better or worse than mobile phone footage, but i dont think it would make a whole lot of difference.
oh well i did not know that . how the **** is it that social media goes crazy over the hass kelly thing but i never seen any one post about the video you mention. wierd times we live in.

well in that case the NRL are just outright retarded and i agree with sproj's original post. sad thing is most fans wont go to that effort and will just slowly stop watching nrl because they are sick of the hypocrisy.

but the leaders are so dumb that if people stop watching nrl they will just blame it on the game not being fast enough. astonishing with how out of touch our leaders are with the common fans.

It might help sort out some misunderstandings if we could find the NRL's code relating to the Integrity Unit. Apparently one of the requirements is for all clubs to promptly notify the unit in cases like this. Souths were in breach of this over Sam Burgess:

It will comfort you to know omnimedia hero Paul Kent is batting for us:

How am I being negative? I'm one of the few who's been saying all along it's not a big deal. I'm now saying be patient. We don't have all the information.
We have all the information we need.

May - charged by police. No investigation, no suspension.

Haas & Kelly - full investigation and threats (albeit made the Daily Telegraph) made that Haas will be stood down for two games.

Can they do anything about my threadbans?

I believe proof of covid vaccination gets you a free pass.....

Interested Go On GIF by Strays

We have all the information we need.

May - charged by police. No investigation, no suspension.

Haas & Kelly - full investigation and threats (albeit made the Daily Telegraph) made that Haas will be stood down for two games.
Which does your gut tell you?

1. There is a nefarious conspiracy within the NRL to hobble the Broncos?
2. There is another, more reasonable, explanation that would bear scrutiny?

We do not know what happened between Payne and Albert. We do not know the discussion that's happened behind closed doors. We do not know what was on the CCTV. We do not know what penalty he will receive. It is all guessing and gossip at this stage.

Is your interest in May about wanting to punish the Panthers? Or do you care about the nuance of whatever rules the NRL Integrity Unit operates within? If it's the latter, that's where your research needs to head. Not throwing around accusations.

We do not know what happened between Payne and Albert. We do not know the discussion that's happened behind closed doors. We do not know what was on the CCTV. We do not know what penalty he will receive. It is all guessing and gossip at this stage.

Is your interest in May about wanting to punish the Panthers? Or do you care about the nuance of whatever rules the NRL Integrity Unit operate within?
Don't **** around and split hairs mate.

It's obvious double standards. End of.

Is your interest in May about wanting to punish the Panthers? Or do you care about the nuance of whatever rules the NRL Integrity Unit operate within?

I think the consensus is that, in isolation, this is just the one that broke the camel's back. There is a long and clear history of Broncos players being treated way more harshly than players of darling clubs.

Don't **** around and split hairs mate.

It's obvious double standards. End of.
I think the consensus is that, in isolation, this is just the one that broke the camel's back. There is a long and clear history of Broncos players being treated way more harshly than players of darling clubs.
Do you think the Integrity Unit turned a blind eye to the Broncos' salary cap "irregularities" that forced Ikin and Donuts to shed all those players in a hurry?

This is the serious work they do. Not rapping naughty kids on the knuckles.

I reconcile that at the heart of it...its a NSW vs QLD thing

I feed from that ...and it keeps the hatred burning.

it's because most organisations don't want to be perceived to be influencing the outcome of a criminal prosecution.

Haas being investigated by the police is probably also why the NRL haven't handed down their penalty and means we get him for this week (sorry uncle nick)

Do you think the Integrity Unit turned a blind eye to the Broncos' salary cap "irregularities" that forced Ikin and Donuts to shed all those players in a hurry?

This is the serious work they do. Not rapping naughty kids on the knuckles.

If they had turned a blind eye to any "irregularities", we wouldn't have had to shed any players, right?

The NRL won't let you go in to a season over the cap (projected from the salaries contracted for that coming year), but there's nothing to stop teams from signing big dollars for future seasons and shedding players to make room for it.

Unread

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • kman
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.