FC Barcelona thread

wow. that 4th goal was just brilliant. messi ftw.

I turned it on at half time and watched up until just after the 2nd Villa goal. The first goal was sublime from Messi and Villa so when I saw the second I literally laughed, I just couldn't believe how unreal their talent is. Messi is a god.

I certainly don't watch Barca religiously like others but try to see as much of them as I can from a pure football point of view, and Hayden certainly tapes all their games and watches them when he can, but the passing today was sublime and at times it was if they were playing a Brisbane Premier League side it was so easy and fluent. And agree with Brizz 100% re Crapaldo having nothing against quality opposition, missing, whinges and plays dirty.

fenomeno said:
I can't solely blame Alonso and Khedira, they really aren't as horrendous as what we saw this morning. What baffled me was Mourinho went with the high backline....that is suicide against a team like Barcelona, defenders were always a step behind.

For sure, they are not the only ones to blame and I think its Mourinho's fault for picking them both as defensive midfielders given the opposition because quite frankly Alonso is a wonderful passer of the ball but against this quality of opposition he doesn't have the defensive qualities you need. The highline is also a good point because Chelsea never used to defend that high up the pitch against anyone let alone a side like Barca and Inter had plenty of pace and just general great defenders (Lucio, Samuel, Chivu) to compensate for playing a higher line. Carvalho and Pepe don't accelerate anywhere quick enough for them to play that far up the pitch Iniesta, Xavi and Messi put goes behind them so many times because of it today.

BUMP!

The kids had an awesome win over Rubin Kazan who had proved to be a bogey side until now, some of the kids will have huge futures at the club and its great to see a club nurture so much talent through its own academy. Fontas, Tiago, Vazquez, Jeffren, Bathra and Bojan all have huge futures and hopefully they all stay patient and develop in Barca.

BUMP!

Liverpool really don't deserve to be on top of this forum at the moment.

Every football fan should be watching every Barcelona match at the moment, Leo Messi is absolutely destroying everyone he plays his running with and without the ball and his passing are astonishing, it is frightening how close he keeps the ball when he runs at defenders. He is easily the best footballer I have ever seen and he is only in his early 20's.

The Brizz said:
Every football fan should be watching every Barcelona match at the moment, Leo Messi is absolutely destroying everyone he plays his running with and without the ball and his passing are astonishing, it is frightening how close he keeps the ball when he runs at defenders. He is easily the best footballer I have ever seen and he is only in his early 20's.

Big call, can't say you are off the mark to be honest, i just think there were players a tad better than him, but that probably just comes down to personal preference.

fenomeno said:
The Brizz said:

Big call, can't say you are off the mark to be honest, i just think there were players a tad better than him, but that probably just comes down to personal preference.

Well he is the biggest talent I have ever seen and to rephrase he is in the same group of class that I put Hagi, Zidane, Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), Maldini, Romario etc in.

The Brizz said:
fenomeno said:
[quote="The Brizz":2fc22y0f]Every football fan should be watching every Barcelona match at the moment, Leo Messi is absolutely destroying everyone he plays his running with and without the ball and his passing are astonishing, it is frightening how close he keeps the ball when he runs at defenders. He is easily the best footballer I have ever seen and he is only in his early 20's.

Well he is the biggest talent I have ever seen and to rephrase he is in the same group of class that I put Hagi, Zidane, Ronaldo (the Brazilian one), Maldini, Romario etc in.[/quote:2fc22y0f]

Definitely, like i said, can't argue with that, no doubt he is in that class already, just who is the best out of guys like Ronaldo, Zidane or Messi just comes down to personal preference rather than any distinct advantage in skill.

Another monster performance in the Barca derby, the team is on fire and have hit 50 goals in 16 league matches so far. Beating an in form Espanyol 5-1 away is a fantastic result and Pedro and Villa were fantastic this morning and are really taking a tonne of pressure off Messi which is great.

On the UCL draw I couldn't be much happier, Barca smashed Arsenal last year and will do it again simply because Arsenal leave themselves open to be torn apart because they love to play up tempo passing like Barca but simply cannot do it at the same level. I predict Barca will coast through 5 or 6 ahead over the two legs but by February form could change however Arsenal tactically are bread and butter for this Barca side, the only sides that have troubled them have been Chelsea and Inter who have played suffocating tight football with world class defensive midfielders and central defenders.

BUMP!

Great results this morning with Barca winning away to Villareal without Xavi, Puyol, Abidal or Pedro and with Messi rested in the first half while Madrid were shocked 1-0 at home by Gijon puts us up by 8 points and even a win for Madrid in el clasico won't be enough.

Oi Brizz, can you post a bigger pic of your Barca tattoo so I can see where it is in relation to your hand and shiz (not creepy at all).

That thread in General Talk has got me thinking.

Will do chief, just gotta charge my camera coz I can't find anything that would be helpful in photos I do have.

The Brizz said:
coz I can't find anything that would be helpful in photos I do have.

Yeah, I'm not too keen on seeing your privates either.

DSC01164.jpg

Cheers brah.

Looks sick.

How did you decide which way to get it? You know, like upside down when you hold your hand up to your face.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Battler
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • LGH
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.